Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year

/ Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year #1  

LFP57

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota LX2610
I just checked the current pricing on the same tractor I purchased early last year, WOW, the base price went up over $3k, to order the tractor now with all of the same options would have cost me about $4k more!! Seriously doubt that the prices will ever go back down to any thing near where they were.

/ Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year #3  
I bought mine used. i use to get 1-2 tractors a week in my email for sale. I haven't seen one in 3 months, never thought it would be worse this year. I am thrilled I got mine when I did.

/ Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year #4  
Seriously doubt that the prices will ever go back down to any thing near where they were.
Can't recall prices ever going down to where they were. Otherwise, you'd be able to buy a full size Chevy for $3500. The same goes for food, clothes, water, electric or anything else you can think of. I remember when milk was 49 cents a gallon and came in a glass jug. o_O

/ Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year
Can't recall prices ever going down to where they were. Otherwise, you'd be able to buy a full size Chevy for $3500. The same goes for food, clothes, water, electric or anything else you can think of. I remember when milk was 49 cents a gallon and came in a glass jug. o_O
I don't expect prices to go back to what they were 40 years ago, the OP indicated a one year delta. I think it's really obvious why there's a huge price jump going on now, but with technological deflation, the natural tendency for things to become cheaper due to advances in mining/manufacturing, a can of Coke should be cheaper than it was 30 years ago.

/ Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year #7  
Factoring in inflation and the declining value of the dollar it really costs about the same as it did 30 years ago... Bidenflation to be exact.

Problem with purchasing a new unit today beside a price increase is availability. None new to be had or very few and to order one today, you'll wait at least 3-6 months for it, depending on what you want.

Tractor House is loaded with used units if you want to go that route, but even used units are tracking up with inflation as well. Myself, I don't much like used because you have no idea if it was taken care of or beat on and no warranty either.

/ Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year #8  
Even used tractors are getting hard to find at dealer,have feeling auctions will have increase on farm equipment.

/ Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year #9  
Factoring in inflation and the declining value of the dollar it really costs about the same as it did 30 years ago... Bidenflation to be exact.

Problem with purchasing a new unit today beside a price increase is availability. None new to be had or very few and to order one today, you'll wait at least 3-6 months for it, depending on what you want.

Tractor House is loaded with used units if you want to go that route, but even used units are tracking up with inflation as well. Myself, I don't much like used because you have no idea if it was taken care of or beat on and no warranty either.
Simple supply and demand at work, not politics. Covid interrupted the supply chains (and exposed weaknesses in the supply chain). Now just about everything is in short supply, but demand is still high. Costs increase. Also the steel tariffs a couple years ago really affected everything made of steel. The tariffs were supposedly adopted to protect US steel, but instead, US steel just increased prices. Now both foreign and domestic steel is high priced.

/ Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year #10  
I'm astonished at how much a tractor like my JD2025R is going for, within about $2k of what I paid for it in 2015 Still waiting for the Kubota dealer to tell me what he is giving me for the JD and how long it will take to get the Landpride box blade. He has the tractor and loader. That's why I travelled over 2 hours ago to go to him. My friend of 50 years who lives near there and who has bought 3 tractors from there showed up at the dealership.

None of the 3 Kubota dealers near me have any loaders.