Glyphosate cost through the roof and beyond.....

/ Glyphosate cost through the roof and beyond..... #1  

The Deerslayer

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3901 Former: Kubota L2250
So I was in my local TSC in CT yesterday and just about walked into an end cap when I saw the cost of 2.5 gallons of 41% Glyphosate concentrate priced at $129.99. :oops:

I normally pay about $50 for the same item there. Fortunately, I still have a jug and do not need another one yet.

This may be common knowledge to folks, but I was interested in if this was a regional issue or a problem across the board. I imagine it falls in line with fertilizer cost increases, etc...

Are others finding a similar cost increase where you live?

/ Glyphosate cost through the roof and beyond..... #2  
Nope here in NC too. I had sticker shock when I seen it. 129.95 for ranger pro or maddog, I can't remember

/ Glyphosate cost through the roof and beyond..... #3  
$129.99 in middle TN, but happened to check Jefferson City, TN (East TN) where it was listed as $99.99.

/ Glyphosate cost through the roof and beyond..... #4  
High here too. I went to Harbor Freight and bought a weed burner torch. I haven't been brave enough to burn the fence rows yet, it has been too dry. But, I was able to get the weeds on my gravel driveway.

/ Glyphosate cost through the roof and beyond..... #5  
Every input (chemicals and fertilizer) is way, way up. I bought a 2 gallon jug of 24D-B from Wilbur-Ellis a month ago and it was up 40 bucks from last year. 46 granulated (my fertilizer of choice) went from 18 bucks a 50 pound bag to 45 bucks. Roundup brand (Monsanto) Roundup Ultra Max is like liquid gold. Bought an off brand instead. I like buying the stuff in 2.5 gallon jugs but even the off brand is a wallet depleter.

/ Glyphosate cost through the roof and beyond..... #6  
You aren't alone. It is a global problem, due to disruptions in supply chains.

All the best, Peter

/ Glyphosate cost through the roof and beyond..... #7  
The main input for the production of nitrogen fertilizer is natural gas.

/ Glyphosate cost through the roof and beyond..... #8  
Just looked at the HD site; it's $105 for a 2.5 gallon jug of the same stuff I got for $39 a few years ago. Still have about just under half of it left, guess I better ration it out.

/ Glyphosate cost through the roof and beyond..... #9  
Same here. Last year I put 400# of Urea on my yard, at something like $18 for a 40# bag. This year, it was $43...so I just let the crab grass take over. Oh, I could have afforded it, but it's the principle of the thing.

Last edited:
   / Glyphosate cost through the roof and beyond..... #10  
2.5 gal. of 41% is $99 at rural king.
Last time I was there they had skids of it. They even had the small drums and a few ibc totes of it. Got to take out a loan for the totes.