GM Recalling All 07/08 2500HD/3500HD Pickups For Airbags

/ GM Recalling All 07/08 2500HD/3500HD Pickups For Airbags #1  

WM75Guy

Elite Member
Tractor
NH Workmaster 75, NH TC40DA
Just FYI for those that are not the original owner of a 07/08 Chevrolet or GMC HD pickup. Just got my recall notice in the mail. Seems they have Takata airbags and can overinflate if activated. I am to receive a second letter when parts are available at the dealers. Until then it states it is OK to drive.

/ GM Recalling All 07/08 2500HD/3500HD Pickups For Airbags #2  
What ??? Not GM !! In the other thread (about ram air bags) they were talking about how this will hurt dodge's resale value..I guess gm resale will also drop......My take on this is... All brands have problems with something !!

/ GM Recalling All 07/08 2500HD/3500HD Pickups For Airbags #3  
yep got my letter a couple of days ago, 2008 GMC HD

/ GM Recalling All 07/08 2500HD/3500HD Pickups For Airbags #4  
yea, got the letter but it says parts are not available.

/ GM Recalling All 07/08 2500HD/3500HD Pickups For Airbags #5  
Too bad you never hear what the estimated cost of these recalls are. I would be curious to know.

Are airbags even mandated or just a sales feature? The more the better it seems recently.

One British traffic accident researcher stated that a SPIKE in the middle of the steering wheel would actually cause us to drive safer then all these air bags and other safety features.

Maybe it's time we demand to be compensated for our time dealing with these recalls. I never did let GM remove the heated washer fluid system from my 08 HD, as I figured the $100.00 compensation was an insult! One dealer removed it during an oil change and I made them put it back in! That wasn't a good scene!