going tomorrow to look at 2 blade Ford turn plow

/ going tomorrow to look at 2 blade Ford turn plow #1  

Bansil

Gold Member
Tractor
1967 Ford 5000 w/FEL(sold), 1950 Farmall Super A for the wife to drive around (needs fixed) 2024 Kubota B2601 FEL & BH
it is 12" and looks like it has been sand blasted and painted, it has both grass cutters and plow blades look sharp and not wore down or dented/bent

what should I look for? (I am newbie that only has watched youtube, just tired of the "manual" labor so I got a tractor)

by the way Thank you to Everything Attachments for their videos, it really helps the newbies...hey ya'll CHEERS:thumbsup:

they want $450 (and I know they paid less at local auction 5 weeks ago) they sand blasted and painted so that is several "hours" so I can pay the time I don't have to fix them.

Thanks

/ going tomorrow to look at 2 blade Ford turn plow #2  
Not sure if your still looking or bought the plow but, main thing is the main beams or the Back bone of the hitch and plow. Make sure they are straight not Sprung or bent which make's it very very hard to repair even with the right equipment. The plow wont pull right or it will be 3x harder to pull. The Moldboard's as well are they overly worn? On the bottom sides how are the Landslide's. not sure if you know what items i mean some have different names but i can pull up pics if you need them.

/ going tomorrow to look at 2 blade Ford turn plow #3  
Most 2 bottom sold around auctions here are from the Ford "N' series. They will have a Dearborn tag on them. 250.00 on most days if original paint might bring 3 or 350. Easy to put 4000.00 in a 8N and have it sell for 2500.00. With the plow you are not going to miss by more than 100.

/ going tomorrow to look at 2 blade Ford turn plow
Thank you both!

I have not bought one yet, and I will research the parts your talking about so I know what to look for

I will be pulling with Ford 5000 and only will be doing about 2 acres (right now)

Most sell at auction for $250, biggest problem is one business apparently hits every auction and buys and then "refurbishes farm equipment" to sell among new stuff (they mostly just paint stuff)

If I can I may look at it on Saturday

Again thank you

/ going tomorrow to look at 2 blade Ford turn plow #5  
Ford 5000 should pull 3-14's or 3-16's in most conditions. Around here 3 bottoms seem to sell for less that one and two bottom plows.

/ going tomorrow to look at 2 blade Ford turn plow #6  
DSC_0419.jpgDSC_0420.jpgDSC_0421.jpg

This a 10-209 Ford Dearborn 3 16's paid $495.00 back in Nov of 2010. Everything was painted blue and in 3hrs of plowing it scoured to a mirror finish. Quite pleased with it. Hope you can find what you want. You can easily remove the third bottom and use two until you need a third. as mentioned before maybe cost cost less for more bottoms. Your 5000 will easily pull 3 16's.

idaho2

Great info and help, I am still searching, knowing what to look for now will be a great help!

thanks everyone!

/ going tomorrow to look at 2 blade Ford turn plow #8  
I'm not sure you can set the small 2-14 plows to fit your tractor??? I think you are CAT II. I'm sure your rear tires are at least 14" wide, maybe more. You may have a hard time getting a small plow like that to "fit".

idaho2 is a plow guru. Not sure how familiar he is with your tractor. Maybe post a couple pics of the tractor for us. :)

here is a picture of her rearend with a 26 inch wide cat 1 drawbar hitch setup, I also have cat II bushings for it (it is technically a cat II tractor)
20160318_092331_zps8geq7fr0.jpg

I have never plowed with a tractor before...so I watched youtube videos and need something to "tow" and plow/turn ground for a bigger garden :licking: with less effort due to health reasons...manual labor sucks and is why we had no real garden last year

/ going tomorrow to look at 2 blade Ford turn plow #10  
Bansil,

With those tires on that Ford 5000 look for 16" bottoms. If you have not purchased a plow that would be a consideration. Two bottoms a minimum and three wood be better. The furrow that your plow will make with 16" will be wide enough for the right rear tire and less soil packing. Attached are pics of the 3 x 16's that I pull. My tires are not as wide as yours but you can see what room you will have and not pack the just turned over soil.

Idaho2

DSC_0405.jpgDSC_0408.jpg