Buying Advice Gonna buy a NEW tractor

/ Gonna buy a NEW tractor #1  

Kosmo

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford/NH 1715
Hey fellas, I'm getting older and need to be fixing things less and getting more work done. so I'm gonna buy a new tractor in the 35-40 hp range to replace my NH1715. I've got the cash available but the 0% financing is quite attractive. The two closest dealers are Kubota and JD, so ideally the choice would be one of them. But I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pay more than a Kioti or Bobcat which are about 35 miles away. NH and LS are way too far. Anyway with the tractor I'm getting a loader and Backhoe, and possibly a SB and box grader. What I need advice with is in keeping the 0% financing, how much of a discount could I expect with a package like this. If one would say very little then I'd be more apt to buy an aftermarket SB and grader. The TLB for a JD 3039 lists about 45K. Haven't priced out a K L39 yet nor a comparable Bobcat or Kioti. Any experiences out there for someone dealing with the dealer for the first time? I appreciate your thoughts. Oh yeah I've got 38 acres on a hillside with 2 fields that need mowing and a 3/4 mile gravel drive up the hillside that needs to be maintained. Got some digging work that needs to be done this summer.

/ Gonna buy a NEW tractor #2  
I just bought a smaller then what you want, a 24.5hp with front end loader. A Kioti CX2510 and the cash discount was $1,000 for the tractor and $400 for the loader. So from a Kioti stand point, i would think about $2,000, you can always call, they will tell you.

/ Gonna buy a NEW tractor #3  
The discount you can get if any depends on the market in your location. But in many parts of the country dealer stock is tight now, making it a seller's market.

Also you may be paying more for a tractor with 0% than a model from a different manufacturer that does not offer 0%.

/ Gonna buy a NEW tractor #4  
^^^^
Agreed. All depends on the market.

I just bought a Kubota L2501 with 0% financing for 84 months. I was able to get the financing and a discount. Depends on the dealer.

Mike

/ Gonna buy a NEW tractor #5  
The L39 is a dedicated TLB and going to be more than a regular tractor with a back-hoe added.They are a more commercial type and you pay for that.

/ Gonna buy a NEW tractor #6  
I think discounts aren’t as good as a couple of years ago. Usually you can get implements cheaper elsewhere but it’s nice to roll it into 0%.

I bought 2 years ago a JD 2025r and wanted to pay cash. I actually saved $500 by taking the 0% for 5 years. I think they hope you miss a payment so they can whack you for the interest. I had the same thing on a car where we saved more by taking out a loan with dealer, which we promptly paid off with the first payment.

/ Gonna buy a NEW tractor #7  
Hey fellas, I'm getting older and need to be fixing things less and getting more work done. so I'm gonna buy a new tractor in the 35-40 hp range to replace my NH1715. I've got the cash available but the 0% financing is quite attractive. The two closest dealers are Kubota and JD, so ideally the choice would be one of them. But I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pay more than a Kioti or Bobcat which are about 35 miles away. NH and LS are way too far. Anyway with the tractor I'm getting a loader and Backhoe, and possibly a SB and box grader. What I need advice with is in keeping the 0% financing, how much of a discount could I expect with a package like this. If one would say very little then I'd be more apt to buy an aftermarket SB and grader. The TLB for a JD 3039 lists about 45K. Haven't priced out a K L39 yet nor a comparable Bobcat or Kioti. Any experiences out there for someone dealing with the dealer for the first time? I appreciate your thoughts. Oh yeah I've got 38 acres on a hillside with 2 fields that need mowing and a 3/4 mile gravel drive up the hillside that needs to be maintained. Got some digging work that needs to be done this summer.
The Kubota L39 is a DEDICATED TLB, and a great machine!
If you want a TRUE TLB only Kubota makes/sells that!
I have a 2006 Kubota L48 TLB, which is no longer made, but is an amazing machine.
Kubota also currently makes the L47 TLB, and the M62 TLB, but they are both quite pricey.

TBN member OVRSZD, presently has his Kubota M59 TLB for sale.
A 750 hour machine.
You might want to contact him here on TBN.
I know you can buy his very nice, and somewhat beefier machine, for under 45K.

Last edited:
   / Gonna buy a NEW tractor #8  
Don't forget about the 20% Equine discount (off of MSRP) through Kubota.

/ Gonna buy a NEW tractor
Thanks for the input guys. Sounds like it is up to the dealer which is what I suspected. Anyone have any opinions on the newer JD 3000 series. Some of the reviews give the impression they may be a little weak. Any thoughts!

/ Gonna buy a NEW tractor #10  
I think from what I read in the 3000 series the R models are pretty strong but in some ways the E’s have a weaker loader. For example a 3025E doesn’t really have a stronger loader than a 2032R. It doesn’t make them bad tractors but kind of supports what you said about being weak.