Good deal on tires

/ Good deal on tires #1  

MESSMAKER

Veteran Member
Tractor
DK4710SE
I just had to replace two tires on my trailer. They were 205-75-r15 and all my usual local dealers were wanting about $85-90 each. I did a little looking and Wal-Mart came out the cheapest by far. They are China tires but they were only $44 each +tax. This was shipped to me and if I took the receipt to the local Wal-Mart , they would mount for free. I like to support local but that is almost 1/2 price.

/ Good deal on tires #2  
I quit buying "cheap" tires... spent too much time on the side of the road replacing them. Seriously, have not had a flat in 10 years since I started buying quality tires. Good luck with your tires, I really hope they work out for you!

/ Good deal on tires
Both of my last two new trailers came with tires on them that I have never heard of. I have had much better luck with trailer tires since I switched to radials.

/ Good deal on tires #4  
Keep in mind, that was 10+ years ago... maybe cheap tires are "better".

/ Good deal on tires #5  
I've heard too many horror stories about cheap china made tires. Many of them on this site.

I Recently bought a used 28' Gulf Stream camper and the original tires are 8 years old. Still in good shape and passed inspection but sidewalls are starting to show cracking so figured I'd better replace them. I've heard Greenball tires are very good so I just ordered 5 of them ST225/75R15 E rated 10 ply radials. Originals were D rated. Best price I could find was about $85 each. They should arrive Monday.