Good deals from Craigslist, that will not sell here!

/ Good deals from Craigslist, that will not sell here! #21  
I picked up this King Cutter side discharge for $275 late fall.

It needed a tire, but it will do all I need!

Once I cut and find the high spots in the yard I will knock them down and then replace the blades!

Facebook marketplace was the place I found it! IMG_1414.JPG

Last edited:
   / Good deals from Craigslist, that will not sell here! #22  
I didn't put this here because I covered it in another thread but it technically is a Craigs List find... even though I knew the seller from previous interactions Ive had with him. Isn't a steal but its about as mint a Grooming mower as one can find for $1200. I looked at a lot of junk priced at from $750 - $1000 and a few side discharges at $500 also well worn. This one was no project and as new.

Attachments

• 00V0V_lo2xeQz1WpX_1200x900.jpg
    00V0V_lo2xeQz1WpX_1200x900.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 229
   / Good deals from Craigslist, that will not sell here! #23  
If you told me that the photo above from the day that you picked your mower up new from the local Kubota dealer, I would have no reason to think otherwise. It literally like like a brand new one. Like, never used.

/ Good deals from Craigslist, that will not sell here! #24  
If that mower has ever cut grass they sure put a lot of effort into cleaning it.

/ Good deals from Craigslist, that will not sell here! #25  
It is a September 30th 2014 I found out after the fact from asking Land Pride to trace the serial number. I imagine it had not cut more than perhaps 3-4 times in its entire life if that much. It was on a tractor that had 145 hours on it. Which we believe was bought together. The tractor getting a little more use than the mower we imagine. I don't think it was cleaned. I think it was stored inside. The dry grass crust under the deck was maybe the only evidence it had been used at all. In fact there was no more than one would expect if someone demonstrated the mower in some wet grass one time. The blades had absolutely no nicks or wear. But were not shiny like they had been used in a long time. The belt could pass for brand new. The body had very few nicks and rubs and a bit of worn off on one decal side. So its been moved around a bit. But clearly has not set out in the weather in its almost 4 years of life.

I actually kept putting off going to see this one. Looking at deals and lower priced ones. Just kept coming up disappointed. This one just kept coming back to the top of the list. Price aside.

A few more shots...

Next to last one is some recently bush hogged pasture and last one is the underside after running a bit and most of the inherited crust of grass just fell right off (sorry for the quality, I had to take it blindly just holding the phone up under it).

It was more than I really wanted to spend but I recognized it as a bargain even so.

Attachments

• 00606_6v0jFUzMjZW_1200x900.jpg
    00606_6v0jFUzMjZW_1200x900.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_5298.jpg
    IMG_5298.jpg
    397.8 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_5306.JPG
    IMG_5306.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 212
  • IMG_5294.jpg
    IMG_5294.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_5322.JPG
    IMG_5322.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 163
  • IMG_5323 (1).jpg
    IMG_5323 (1).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 148
Last edited:
   / Good deals from Craigslist, that will not sell here! #26  
Here is a deal for anyone wanting it! IMG_1442.JPG

/ Good deals from Craigslist, that will not sell here! #27  
I've actually wanted to build one of those. Except the areas where I could actually use it are limited. And that one leaves room for improvement. It would leave grass tin the middle.

/ Good deals from Craigslist, that will not sell here! #28  
Kubota Grand L4240 TLB 544 hours and $23,900. Sounds like a low as heck price to me for a nearly brand new tractor that has had what... 2 oil changes so far!

If anyone wants me to check it out for them, I live 30 minutes away.

Kubota Grand L424 - general for sale - by owner

/ Good deals from Craigslist, that will not sell here! #29  
Kubota Grand L4240 TLB 544 hours and $23,900. Sounds like a low as heck price to me for a nearly brand new tractor that has had what... 2 oil changes so far!

If anyone wants me to check it out for them, I live 30 minutes away.

Kubota Grand L424 - general for sale - by owner

Very low hours,....seems like a great deal.
Advertised as "garage kept", but appears to have faded paint.

/ Good deals from Craigslist, that will not sell here! #30  
Location is everything in Craigslist...

I have sold several cars with low mileage and top shape... registered, smog, etc.

Simply not able to sell them from my location.

Sure, I would get lots of interest but as soon as I would give my address ALL were no shows.... and this happened every time and over a period of years.

To prove my point I would put up the same add and give either one of my brother's addresses... one is 15 minutes away and the other 1 hour away... sold to the first caller and done within about 2 hours.

I've also picked up some real good machine deals local... the sellers said I was the only one to show up.

What I have learned is if you have anything for sale in East Oakland you are suspect... either it is a scam or a set up to rob you when you show up with cash...

The buyer for my Dozer traveled 5 hours to see it... as he got off the freeway he started to think he had been set up and friends had warned him too... but he had just driven 5 hours and was only a mile away so he decided not to turn around... he went a little farther and finally I see a pickup pull up in front... I go out and ask if he is Gary here to see a Dozer... he was cautious... I told him the Dozer is out back and it is quicker to drive around to the lower gate... he was still apprehensive... he saw the Dozer and we made the deal... he later said he was sure it was a set up... and if I had not come out of the house he would have left.

Back to cars... so one young lady really wanted the super clean low mileage Honda I was selling... she said she was on her way and asked my not to sell it... I waited and she never showed... I called her and she said her father forbid her to go to Oakland...

As a strange twist... another student called and I gave them my brother's address 15 minutes away... she came out and bought the car... as we were talking she said this is just like the car her girlfriend told her about but it was in Oakland... I said is her name Heather and it was...

She said they were both looking but everyone told them it was too dangerous to go to Oakland on a Craigslist ad...

It's not something you realize until you experience it...

By the same token... I have a friend that lives in Piedmont... a city of wealth... old money and plenty of mansions... Piedmont is a city totally surrounded by Oakland... he sells a lot and always gets top dollar... maybe because it is Piedmont?