Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #144,681  
wngsprd I think you will get snow how much not sure but Toppop think he will get more than he wants

Riptides well said

/ Good morning!!!! #144,682  
^^^^^^^That is a spaced out looking fox.^^^^^
Yeah, and when it did move it was weebley wobbly. Freaked the heck out of me. Thought about hitting it with the truck. But then thought better of it cause the truck would then need to be deconned

/ Good morning!!!! #144,683  
Yeah, and when it did move it was weebley wobbly. Freaked the heck out of me. Thought about hitting it with the truck. But then thought better of it cause the truck would then need to be deconned

Maybe you should consider carrying?

I think the humane thing to do would be to end its misery.

Had a skunk once at night that was acting really weird. Next day found it dead in the yard. Still feel bad about that.

/ Good morning!!!! #144,684  
Morning, 21 going up to 29, think the sun is coming up
6 hour training yesterday wasn't too bad, made for a long day though.

Roy-do you have VPN to work, could be that you were off network for too long and passwords did not synch.
Sodamo- is clutch shaft stuck so it stalls when engaged, or free spins? Bearing ?
Glad to hear Makani is recovering well-
Drew - I can't sleep on trains either- just think if you had taken amtrak in the 50's you could have probably been in the same car, just the fixtures might have been updated.
Dftodd - hope the fox gets taken out - sad but that one looks like it needs permanent sleep.

Ron and Mostly - please don't leave as you add so much to the GM thread.
Seems a lot of censorship here with no comments or rule changes noticed.

I am on other sites, and most of what I see there would not be allowed here, and that site does not even get into politics.

Can any ***moderators*** please let us know what is happening here?

We want to continue, but are finding threads closed and messages deleted without understanding why.

Stay safe and be well

/ Good morning!!!! #144,685  
Maybe you should consider carrying?

I think the humane thing to do would be to end its misery.

Had a skunk once at night that was acting really weird. Next day found it dead in the yard. Still feel bad about that.
I can't carry in the company truck. Commercial and DOT regulated. I'm also in and out of locations where if I showed up carrying i would be thrown in jail and fined back to the stone age whether or not I had the permit.

I do have a concealed carry. But it has to stay locked in my personal vehicle.

/ Good morning!!!! #144,686  
Roy-do you have VPN to work, could be that you were off network for too long and passwords did not synch.
We do use VPN, but I don't think this is the problem
I can't even log in to do anything, even if not connected to the company network.
Pretty sure it's a password issue, but not one I have the permissions to resolve

IT Guy just contacted me...it is a VPN problem. I'll have to go in to work (tomorrow, stepdaughter is off tomorrow) and see if it'll connect.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #144,687  
Good Morning!!!! 48F @ 5:00AM. Sunny. High 63F. Winds light and variable.
Still no rain in the 10-day, even though the TV weather girl thought they might get some to the north of here.

Sounds like some of you might be cooking for your kitties soon. Maybe one of Ted's dog food recipes could be adapted?

Really, Bruce? Sounds a bit more than heavy handed when the truth gets thrown out with the bath water...

Say it's not so, Ron! We'll miss you too much!

All caught up, and it seems like dark times have come to our little Mayberry of the Good Morning!!!! thread. And that's just a darn shame.

Got unpacked yesterday, which seemed to take longer than packing for some reason. Late in the day FedEx delivered the rest of the brake parts, too late to do more than unpack them and verify that they look like the right parts. It's nice that they included both the caliper carriers and new banjo bolts and crush washers. But neither the carriers nor the calipers are painted, just bare, bead blasted, metal. So I'll give them a little paint this morning before installing them.

I pulled the head off the motorcycle yesterday afternoon, then lifted the cylinder far enough to get at the cam followers. The intake one came out with a magnet, the exhaust one moved freely until the bottom end tried to come up out of the bore. A close look at the intake one showed it to be a two piece design, and my guess is that the exhaust one spit off the hardened end, and what's left is somewhat mangled and is keeping it in place. So while the paint is drying I'll pull off all the timing gear and the cam, then the oil pan, so the follower can come out of the bottom side. Depending on what I find, I might just be able to put the stock parts back in place and call the whole thing a bad mistake.

Seems like the week is just getting started, and it's already Wednesday. Happy Hump Day!

/ Good morning!!!! #144,688  
passing Apex NC, where I bought my last rv, near Cary and Raleigh
had to ask attendant to turn up the heat, won't get over 69 in here
oh I threw a couple of switches, give it ten minutes.
maybe
back to civilization and development after a long time in the woods

Attachments

• IMG_0656.JPG
    IMG_0656.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 62
   / Good morning!!!! #144,689  
Good Morning.
It’s 17 going all the way to 25 today. Clear skies, just a bit cold.

Yesterday was mostly a shop day, some paperwork. I got a response from an email that I sent to the TSA about our security program. Sent 11/30, reply received 1/25. Good thing it was a procedural matter, not a security one. Had left over London Broil for lunch, a friend and my daughter came by and had some as well.

Today will be in the shop, I’ve got a couple of small fabrication jobs to knock out. Need to make a Home Depot run, the PEX expander and fittings that I ordered are arriving today, I want to get a pack out organizer for the fittings.
It still looks like significant snow for us Friday night and Saturday, should make for some empty store shelves.

I am not a fan of censorship, but I also don’t enjoy contentious conversation. I’m pretty sure that we have a wide range of philosophies and beliefs here, and it is well served just to acknowledge and respect that. It accomplishes little to try and change or belittle those that are different.
To that end, I think that the GM thread does an excellent job of moderating itself, and that is likely why it is so long lived. Boundaries get tested occasionally, but find their way back pretty quickly. In my opinion this thread wouldn’t really benefit from outside moderation, while others might.
That’s my two cents on the subject.