Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #153,591  
Dump run was done a couple hours ago...pretty full load of trash and recycle
Used the air wand to blow out the garage and the Gator (Gator really needs a bath!!). There were a lot of acorns on the drive (near the garage and sidewalks), so gave them a shot too. Easy way to fall, walking on acorns...
There was about ½ dozen branches in the bed of the Gator, so I cranked up the tractor and chipped them. If we get a cooler day, I have more branches to drop and chip...doesn't look like it'll be this weekend though. I leave the tractor on the lawn, so I move it every week or so. Otherwise, the weight of the tractor will kill the grass under the tires.
Hot now (88°), so I'm done for the day...

/ Good morning!!!! #153,592  
67°F and 1.0 inches rain.

My 1st flush should be getting a nice clean out as I left them open. Always amazed at the collection of palm seeds and pebbles. Makes sense that the palm seeds are there but the only way pebbles can be there are to be carried by the birds as well. Leads me to believe that the dropping on the metal roof is entertaining for them.

My pre tank filters do a terrific job capturing the lighter debris that washes off the roof. These are home made filters consisting of a 22” effluent filter in a 4 inch PVC case. The 22 inch filter is made more effective using a nylon mesh paint filter and panty hose leg. I use 2 in series. The first at point the gutter feeds come together and another just before my tanks. The fact this 2nd filter is about 90% cleaner confirms how effective.
IMG_8808.JPG

IMG_5651.JPG

IMG_5653.JPG

The real payoff is how clean my tanks stay and increased lifetime of the post tank filters. Those will get replaced as part of the water quality study.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #153,594  
what a crummy morning. Went over to check on sick friend, he looked white as a sheet, took two hours to get up the stairs and back down, wife and I chatted and agreed
to call 911. Hauled him off in ambulance to ER, after they gave him oxygen and a drip he looked better already. Lost a lot of blood and not sure why.
Stayed with wife for a while but he was out of danger, I hope, and just starting the long wait for lab work to get done. Time for me to leave.
He never gets sick and his wife is worried sick. Really glad I went over there this morning.

I don't intend to do anything today except chill. Which sure won't happen outside.

Ken, hope the car a/c gets fixed quick. I can't imagine...

/ Good morning!!!! #153,596  
Greenwood Mall hero put 8 rounds in the bad guy from 40 yards with a handgun.
I know nothing about handguns but that sounds like pretty darn good shooting.
Boy was he the right guy at the right time.
I don't know how many rounds his gun has but he must have just kept blasting away.
8 hits is a lot. All over in 15 seconds. Wait until the video tapes come out. The guy will be rich from you tube royalties if he's smart.
He's likely just a good citizen. Out with his girlfriend. I bet he was defending her too.

thanks David. Very close friend, used to be the guy in perfect condition that I always felt like a fat slob next to.
Well I had my day, he's having his.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,597  
I am sitting here having a coffee, the dog is asleep, and I have a load going in the laundry ... I keep thinking that I should be doing something, going somewhere. I never get a "nothing" day. Feels very strange. Chickens are starting to come to the window though. Hot out. I want to prep and paint the bush guard that I have for my truck. I should see if my tires / rims have arrived yet.
Who knows what the day brings.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #153,598  
68F with light rain @ 14:30.

Finished fishing the squash/pumpkin plants out of the wading pools (started last night) first thing. That idea worked pretty good for the most part (saved having to water them daily) but a few days ago we got enough rain that they were starting to drown so they needed to be gotten out and the pools emptied. One of the pools had a front in it. Had some losses but most of the plants are still alive.

Then went to put tiller on tractor. Discovered I had parked the MMM in front of the tiller (sigh)

So then it was put the loader on so I could swap out the bucket for the pallet forks to move the MMM out of the way.

Moved van so I could get to the loader.

Got loader hooked up ... and promptly discovered that the last hose (that I haven't replaced) was leaking pretty good. Need to check up in the shop and see if I have a replacement.

At that point I threw in the towel on that project for the moment and decided to see if I could get the front done before the rain got here.

Was just finishing that up when the front arrived. Was pretty wild - it was so windy from the outflow, and kicking up so much dust that I could see coming from a distance, that I thought it was a wall of rain headed my way. Nope - just wind.

The rain did eventually arrive, but by that time I had parked the Cub and was inside having a little lunch. LWS reports 0.11" so far.

Surprised by how much it dropped the temp.

Will be heading up to the shop here in a few, probably be some welding on the agenda this afternoon along with some more clean up.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,599  
daugen - glad that you were there for your friend and his wife. praying he is recovering quickly. I said it before re the Mall Hero ... Give That Man A Badge :)