Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #153,611  
txdon said, "Bird, I can hear a lot better with these hearing aids, they really have made some good improvements in the last 8 years."

I got a letter from my Beltone provider this past week about their new and improved super duper Beltone hearing aids that I ought to try, but I'm not sure it's worth changing from the old ones I currently have.

101° this afternoon, as usual, and still no hope for change and no rain in the forecasts. Yards and lawns all over this area are looking bad. Sure hope the heat and drought change soon.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,612  
And the rain just vanished. Lots of strong wind. But just a few drops of rain, not enough to register in the gauge.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,613  
72F and "Fair" @ 22:00, and that will be about it as far as the overnight low goes. Possibility of a stray thunderstorm though, so that might cool it off a little further.

More straightening and clean up done up in the shop, greasy paper towels gathered up and stuck in the double barrel stove to reduce the fire hazard, got all the spare tires and wheels stowed under the one work bench/shelves.

Managed to do a little welding as well - but it was just that three-tined Ames garden claw.

Also cut off a new shovel handle to length, but I still need to shave/trim down where it fits into the shovel.

Finished up all the mowing down around the house.

Last thing was go out after dinner and pick produce out of the garden. That interrupted this one's grazing:

IMG_1885 copy.jpg

Today's haul:

IMG_1887 copy.jpg

Woman reports a thunderstorm is headed in.

Hope everyone has a pleasant evening ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #153,614  
txdon said, "Bird, I can hear a lot better with these hearing aids, they really have made some good improvements in the last 8 years."

I got a letter from my Beltone provider this past week about their new and improved super duper Beltone hearing aids that I ought to try, but I'm not sure it's worth changing from the old ones I currently have.
In Texas there is a 30 day trial period for all hearing aids. You have nothing to loose if they are not substantial better than the ones you have now. If the price is too expensive or you want a 6 month trial period you could check out Costco also to compare.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,615  
Good evening all. 75ºF for the start, clear sky, light breeze. Light wind with moderate gusts, clear sky, and high temp 98ºF, HI 102ºF. Bike ride to start day, 50 miles, done before 11AM, beat the worst of the heat. Tried to remove freewheel off hub to work on spokes, no joy yet. Did get nap in.
Scaredy nice turnout for ice cream cruise. Glad nothing was broke during laundry.
Drew hope you can help friend with pain management. Hope you can work a regular check on back. Take care of neck
Drew not looking for tractor here, no place to use it or put it. Hope you win :)
Buppies sorry about deer and hibiscus, is the something you can spray on it as deer repellent? ) for 2 not good average
Thomas hope you work the plan.
NHBX sorry about the heat. Hope you conserved energy well.
Drew we have no given you full strength yet. I was hoping you all could take enough to drop out temps :)
Buppies sorry about the hibiscus.
Dennis hope you get both done.
Mike sorry about fuel situation. Hope you can get everything fueled up again, and finish the trimming. Hope milk house starts going better. Sorry to hear about insurance, and they have not settled on last claim either.
Don glad heat not as intense. Nice hearing aid update, glad they good improvement.
Roy sorry lawn is getting burned. hope dump run went well.
Don thanks for link, interesting concept.
Paul sounds like good plan for day.
Ken happy b-day to SIL. Very sorry to hear A/C failed in Jeep. nice pic
Scaredy nice eggs and cars. Who's nice El Camino in front? ;)
RS Hope rain did not mess with spraying. And mowing went well.
Roy sounds you got a lot done despite the heat.
David Thanks for the look at how you filter the rain water you catch.
Drew sorry to hear about friend, yes glad you went over there and helped get the ball rolling.
Scaredy the laundry should count for something!
RS Interesting day sorry about the FEL hose. Hope afternoon went well.
Dennis hope you don't get damage from wind.
Drew nice you could and visit them at hospital. 1 finger tester here also.
Thomas glad good morning hope BBQ delicious.
Kyle good news on your mom!!
Kyle SIL used to have a lot of chickens, we would get eggs when visiting, chickens feed table scraps. They just have enough eggs for their own use now.
Bird sorry about dry lawns, looking bad here as well.
RS glad shop getting organized again. Did you find spare hose for FEL? Did you interrupt the critter grazing in a more productive way? nice haul from garden
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid,/mom's breathing, /learning new job, Bird/aging issues/, Don /mom's pipeline process, /fire nearby, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments /MIL Covid /son's heart issues, /pneumonia and not posting, Roy /palpitations, /angina , Billy /wife back & hip, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /3 new skin cancer spots and treatment, /wife knee healing, Thomas/gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery/retirement, / passing out issues, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Doug and wife/health issues, /nerve and pain, / wife's hospital stay, /torn bicep, Ken /kids shot tragedy, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, /cataract surgery, /Sophie's hand infection, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /wife not feeling well, /marriage, Paul/ wife's disc issues, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis /retirement plans / brother "alligallyitus" and improving, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend cancer diagnosis and recovery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Ukraine war, mass shooting victims and family, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,616  
Good morning to all! Low of 60°, going up to 93° today. Slight chance of a T-storm. Maybe today will be our 'chance' for some. Yesterday there were a few forming, one got close and teased us with a few rumbles.... that's it.

Randy, hope you get better soon. Keep moving forward.... you can overcome this. Prayers sent.

Buppies, hope you can get the cramping to subside. Try ALL fixes... one will work.

Kyle, prayers sent for your mom. Hope she recovers quickly.

This morning was an early start, had to get Max to the groomer as he had the first appointment. On the way back, there was a 'multi-family yard sale' at a big recently built pole barn. I just had to stop.....

Turns out, I was able to make a good score.... a Grizzly brand 3 HP twin bag dust collector. Guy was asking $75 ..... done, no haggling required at that price. I quickly looked it up on line, used ones selling for close to $500. A new similar one is around $1300.
A couple guys even loaded it for me. Now I just have to find a bigger spot in the shop and run another 220v circuit.
View attachment 755343

Car detailing took a while yesterday, only got the interior of the car done. Need to do the outside wash / wax, then get started on the truck. I think I'm running out of time.... supposed to leave for Colorado tomorrow.....

So, I better get a move on. Everyone have a great day!
Now, I just have to get it out of the truck..... tractor might come in handy...
Score! (if you need a dust collector).
I scored, at an auction yesterday, a Life Fitness elliptical trainer, a Deere 324 tiller, a blueray player (for church youth building), and a Deere fertilizer spreader. All for about $122.

goddaughter's pilot husband got his new Rivian today, as promised.
Can't wait for a ride

View attachment 755363
I wouldn't tell anybody not to buy one, but I would tell them I saw a long, long, probably 150 car length coal train headed to the power plant just this afternoon. It had 4 locomotives at the front, and 2 in the back pushing. I'm hoping they come up with a reasonable way to charge (pun intended) electric vehicles their road tax equivalent to what a gasoline powered truck would pay, AND only allow them to charge after 10pm, when the power grid demand drops. They could do it with the smart chargers. They can read the mileage since last charge, and tack it onto the payment. Oh, and if we are near 100% grid capacity, to park them. I would say that someone being able to have air conditioning in their home, or make sure their home medical oxygen system is working, is more important. We need more nuclear plants IMO to charge these vehicles. Now if they have a system like RNG, with a solar plant, and battery backup/storage, then I have no problems at all with it....(except the road tax I mentioned) Almost forgot, no subsidies either. Using tax payer money to subsidize expensive cars is not fair to everyone who can't afford one. I hope the truck serves them well. Whew!

Nice entry way landscaping BTW. :)

Ford sold their stake in them last month or so Drew no knowledge why.

Toppop I’m so sorry if I can help with anything let me know. Prayers sent

Another hot one today paver broke ready for Monday expensive day

Among other issues my time working is almost done which was alluded to early this morning. I like what I do just situations at home will require more time and the heat is tearing me up. If it’s 95 outside what’s underneath me is 320 degrees or so
Sorry about the paver giving issues. That's too hot for me. My little tractor blows 200F heat down on my lower legs and feet. I can't hardly stand it in the summer. Hope you can make a smooth transition into the the "non-working" group. Prayers.

When you guys get the secret to filing vs piling and organization PLEASE share.
I'm a better piler than filer. I would say 28 days piling, 2-3 days filing. Except at work, I have to be really organized up there. AMAP.

We have plenty to share.

Good morning! 77˚F only heading to 101˚ today.

My New hearing aids, Philips Hearlink 9030, are in my ears and I have to remind my wife not to talk so loud. I found out there are birds on Whipper's walk trail even at 101˚ yesterday, and I heard a soft spoken cashier at the store yesterday. The microwave also has new beeps. I actually might have to get them adjusted down a bit when I go back for my 2 week follow-up.
Next challenge, since they are paired with my I-phone, is if I can understand the accents on the phone. They have an intelligent learning chip in them and seamlessly switch to the best hearing options/settings. Not having to switch channels was a big plus in choosing these particular Philips hearing aids along with the rechargeable batteries. The only time I have to switch to channel 2 is when a building is equipped with t-coil, most of the buildings in our senior neighborhood have t-coil connected to the speaker's mic.
I have till January 22, 2023 to return them, Costco really makes it easy. Insurance pays $500 every 3 years for hearing aids but I have to send them the bill and wait a few months for them to process it. The warranty is good for 3 years and Costco offers free adjustments.

With new glasses, new hearing aids and a new knee I feel 10 years younger!

Bird, I can hear a lot better with these hearing aids, they really have made some good improvements in the last 8 years.
Good informative writeup Don. Thank you. I'm wondering if you feel younger than me??? I'm guessing so. I've told your story to many, and how you can now spend a part of the day in the heat choppin' cedar, making trails. (Folks, down here we sometimes call 'em cedar choppers, the guys who used to walk through fields with an axe or later a chain saw, and cut cedar fence posts by hand). It also can be considered a derogatory term for a low class person. I used to live in a town about 20 minutes southwest of where Don lives, called Cedar Park. Now, an affluent suburb of Austin. It has re-gentrified to say the least.

Forgot to buy a lottery ticket....again...

LS, have fun in Colorado. Hope you fill up your pockets with cool air and bring some home.

Prayers for our team.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,617  
Right, I'm late... good late (Sunday) arvo. This balmy mid-Winter weather continues with another overnight Low of 10C. The predicted wind didn't materialise but the unpredicted rain did. There was 17.5mm in the gauge @ 0900! (41.0mm at the aerodrome o_O ) The High was 16.8C and pretty much remains overcast.

Church this A.M. for a lovely Morning Prayer service. Relaxing rest of the day.

Take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,618  
69 going to 97.

Just watched mama raccoon and 4 babies clean up the fallen sunflower seeds and then scurry down the hill.

Don, glad those hearing aids are working so well.

Kyle, nice score at the auction...top brand elliptical. I'm with you on the electric grid issues. Seems rather backwards what's going on. Prayers for your mom.

Had to do a little chain saw work in the sun yesterday. Glad it was just a little bit. Did another plumbing repair and called it a day.

Was planning on a mountain hike today, but decided taking one closer would save drive time and gas $$$.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,619  
good morning all
another very hot day today, maybe the hottest so far, might hit triple digits.

worried about my friend, no texts to wake up to, will get in touch with his wife, hopefully go visit him today

used more Amazon private label coffee in pot this morning, little better, but more like stronger wood chips. Won't be buying this again.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,620  
70° now dew point 65° high’s in the upper 90’s and sunny today, may see some thunderstorms this evening into tomorrow.

Did manage to get a little weeding done in the garden yesterday.
No plans for today except to keep cool and maybe a couple of movies.

Had some help with the weeds!

8731D765-0E90-4B08-A979-0006A879C685.jpeg

Prayers for all