Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #153,861  
good morning all
no tolerating the cold here, warm sunny day 70 to 90 today in full sun

going to work in garage this morning, want to try out the grease fittings RNG asked about.
then this afternoon I go help a friend get propane tanks for her new multifuel gen, and hook them up for her.
I will be rewarded with a nice home cooked meal.

no lottery winner, another skunking, had one correct number on two tickets.
I was surprised at how many people buy those scratch off games at the supermarket. One lady was so excited about winning 50 dollars.
The retired financial planner in me wanted to ask her how much she spent in the last year trying to win that 50 bucks.
And while I could ask the same of myself for powerball/megamillion tickets, I only buy half a dozen a year when the prize gets over 400M.

I wouldn't want to dim the lady's pleasure at winning so of course I kept my mouth shut.
Advice not requested is often not appreciated. ;)

hope you all have a nice weekend.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,862  
2022-07-30, 0719
60° right now...high in the upper 70's.

No dump run...just not enough to be worthwhile.
Lawn could use a trim here and there...not sure if I'm going to worry about it today. Some rain predicted for late next week and I'd rather the lawn get a drink before I mow...we'll see...
I have a customer audit in a couple weeks and I need to send him some information for his pre-audit (aka desk audit). Have some together already and I'll see what else I can gather...reckon that's the plan today

/ Good morning!!!! #153,863  
71 and pretty nice outside. Going to 87 with less humidity.

Kyle, glad the job is working out well and challenging. Daughter sounds like she is ambitious. (y)

PJ, I think you did the right thing re: the chickens. My first thought was coyotes. I've seen them dig under the fence at the solar installation to get to the turkeys that fly down and feed in there, supposedly protected.

I got caught out in the storm yesterday...I was watching for it, as the sky in the west turned very dark...only for a finger of it to slip in from the south...It was raining so hard I heard it hitting the trees over 100 yards south before it got to me. I ran for the barn, and "rode" it out sitting on the zero turn, just watching it out the door. "Ridin' the Storm Out" REO.

Installed 2 new faucets in the master bathroom while it was raining a second time...mine was leaking internally and found it had a crack in an internal copper pipe, so a repair kit was ineffective. My wife wanted a different style replacement, so I had to swap out hers, too, to match. Managed to find a pair of them at Lowes on the way home from the mountains the day before. The leaky one was only 3 years old, so need to search for a receipt and take it back to HD.

Once it dries out, still have some storm clean up and mowing to do.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,864  
59F clear sky nice breeze upper 70's for high.

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Plans for today...town for critter food.change blades and good wipe down on mower,other than that see what the day brings.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,865  
70 this morning high 84 low humidity nice day

Prayers for all Toppop, scaredy, Kyle,PJ and job search, all others our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #153,866  
Good morning! 77˚ heading to 100˚ again. clear skies no chance of rain. Very dry.

My ring doorbell recorded a deer last night eating the pot plant on the porch. The drought have made the deer go places they usually don't go to get food.

With no rain The fields of grass are no more and ranchers are culling their herds or selling them all. The cost of fuel and fertilizer and now no hay to make for the winter is taking its toll. The struggling ranchers have been feeding their cows several times a week for a month already. What this means in the near future is fewer cows and higher prices. The article in the news sums it up pretty good.

It's so hot I don't even cook my regular bowl of oats in the morning. I just let it soak in cold milk and then put frozen blueberries on top.

Kyle do you have any green grass to make into hay, I know you had a little more rain than we did. The price of hay will be going up this winter.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #153,868  
Good Morning!!!! 71F @ 6:00AM. Sunny. High 101F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph.
High temps remain in the high 90s and low 100s in the 10-day. New wildfires are spring up every day, too, but fortunately most have been contained to less than a hundred acres so far. The exceptions are the Oak and Washburn fires near Yosemite National Park, at 19,000 and 5000 acres, respectively. Smoke from them is reaching all the way up here.

Was the pot plant on your front porch medicinal or recreational, Don? Did the deer get the munchies?🤣 Sounds like it's time to stock up on beef at the grocery store. Earlier this year laws went into effect here in Kalifornia requiring more space for farm animals. Pork prices were predicted to skyrocket, but I haven't seen it so far.

Sounds like it's time to set up a game camera or two, Paul. I had problems with the neighor's dog until I sent video of it to animal control. That earned them a healthy fine and the problems were finally addressed.

Glad the new job is working out, Kyle. Working for a micro manager is a royal PITA, though. I can't imagine what it would be like to have four of 'em. Have you been there long enough to suggest a Come To Jesus meeting where a pecking order can be established?

Spent about fifteen minutes swinging a mattox yesterday looking for the old phone line trench. Wasn't getting anywhere in the very hard ground and the heat and gave up. The contractor brought the trencher down after dinner last night, so we'll use that to find the wire instead. I'll still have to hand dig enough of it out to make the connection, but at least I'll be able to tell what I'm doing as I go along.

Yesterday I did get the Tri-Metric installed on the battery bank without letting the magic smoke out or electrocuting myself. Now I have to study up on the user manual to figure out how to use it.

My attempts to revive the Unifi Dream Machine Pro have so far not been rewarded, and in fact have made things worse. Now when the machine tries to boot, the fans come on full blast and after several minutes, the LCD displays an error message complaining about not being able to start the controller software. I was able to get it into recovery mode once, but it complained that the two versions of the OS software I tried were incompatible. Trying to find a silver lining, it was pretty much at capacity with the number of security cameras I have installed, and I would like to install several more. So this may be the incentive needed to move up to a dedicated Network Video Recorder setup. The problem there is availability, as much of the Unifi inventory is on backorder.

Hope everyone enjoys a nice, relaxing weekend...

/ Good morning!!!! #153,869  
Good morning all, 79 going up to 88 and sunny/humid.

Took out the little dogwood that died off, was ready to get out the tractor and decided to dig out the roots a bit, they were pretty far gone, so just pushed the trunk over.
Took a bit to go, but it is down and now to fill in the hole and move to the next task.

Father is arriving Tuesday, need to get the apartment ready and fix up the pool area for an upcoming party. So will be a busy weekend.

BEF - We did not get to the lion or up the mountains at Lucerne. We stayed at Des Balances on the river. This was down time and I had been to Lucerne before, about 30 years ago. We went up a bunch of mountains in our last stop.

Alien - hope they get you in sooner, Medical stuff seems to be broken everywhere.

Off to get some stuff done!

20220729_174506.jpg

A little digging around the roots and a good heave. Then had to move the 20 or so bulbs that were around it to a new spot. So humid this 30 min of work had me to the melting point.
20220729_192651.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #153,870  
I know. It's been happening for a number of years now, mainlanders, especially Queenslanders, moving down here. I reckon that it's the price (even in these economic times) difference in what they can sell for vs. what they can purchase.

Properties still don't last long outside of the big-smokes.

It can be a wee bit humorous when quite a few Queenslanders will rent down here for a year, before they buy, to see if they can tolerate the 'cold'.
My Friend moved from Tasmania back up to Queensland last year, he was down in Tassie for many years. His wife was raised in Tasmania, he was from Saskatoon, so he knows cold.......
I met him on my first trip to Europe 30 odd years ago and we stay in touch through Facebook/email.