Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #154,121  
Left for Ohio. Got to town and low oil light came on in Subaru. Pulled into autozone, oil barely on dipstick. Bought and added qt and went back home. It’s not leaking, so that means car is now burning some oil. 7500 miles since last change.
Switched to truck and made it to the farm.
In some light rain on the way. Dad got a big rain before we got here.

First job of installing new fan switch did not go well. Moved them one at a time from old to new. Had trouble with wires not catching. Switch uses stab in wiring. When I got done, fan only works on low. Soaked in sweat from that. No AC in the house.
Did not mess with tractor yet.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,122  
Good late (Saturday) morning. Overnight Low of 5C and it's overcast. The wind has abated and there was 2.2mm of rain in the gauge @ 0900. It's now 12C, which is the predicted High.

Well, I had a 3/4 success with the chimney cleaning... unfortunately the 1/4 missed is at the top, which means getting a neighbours' help to get up on the roof to 'sweep' it. I use a simple chimney sweep consisting of a star-picket with chicken wire wrapped around the 'blunt' end, fencing wire weaved through the holes of the picket holds it in place. A long length of rope is attached through the lowest (towards the point) hole IOT lower the sweep up & down the chimney.

The bugger is that I'm (medical insurance wise) not allowed to use a ladder or go onto the roof due to an ACL injury during my Navy time.

I know, I know... I'm the sort of Bloke who is first to help a neighbour, but reluctant to ask.

Anyway, that's about it. Take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,123  
Good evening all. 77ºF for the start, clear sky, light breeze. Mostly clear sky, light wind with moderate gusts, and high temp was 102ºF, HI 104ºF. Bike ride to start morning, after ride had to clean up for wife's Dr visit. We got there on time, lunch at Red Lobster, dropped some t-shirts at Salvation Army, did some shopping and headed home. Road construction on US 75 very disruptive right now. Did get short nap in.
Roy hope insurance is ok now. Hope you get some rain
Buppies praying for your dehydration issues. Hope you can work out how much of what to drink and when.
Drew hope you get some rain. Yes behaving can be a drag at times. Good nothing out of whack.
Roy I hope they have working inclinometers in tractor.
Mike sorry about the heat, hope you can sill achieve your goal. Hope your insurance woes get worked out.
Dennis hope trip to your dad goes well.
Don almost jacket weather ;) Good to hear whipper responded to Carprofen. Enjoy your okra and Salsa Verde.
Paul glad you got some rain. Hope you can work out what is wrong WI-FI monitor. Safe trip to Lansing.
Thomas glad you got some rain. Hope today and date night went well.
Ken glad you have A/C back.
Ted sorry about no rain yet. Hope planter progress continues. Sorry to hear about Jeep.
Scaredy good to hear chics are growing. Hope you get wife and house back :)
Scaredy 3H Heat, Humidity, and Haze. Unles you are talking bicycles then it stands for Hotter then He$$ Hunderd, ride (up to 100 miles) done in Wichita Falls TX in August.
David banana pancakes sound good. Hope you get the call.
Scaredy nice you getting refund.
RNG sorry to hear about fuel flow. Hope rest of trip is great.
RS hope day went well.
Drew sorry about price increase. understand about wood stove.
Drew I promise not to mow like that. I miss the part where he said Hold my Beer!
Ted good to hear planters done except for irrigation. Any videos of rain dance?
Lou thanks for link
Dennis sorry to hear Subaru using oil. Good luck with tractor.
Randy(wag) hope you were/are extra careful on roof.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid,/mom's breathing, /learning new job, Bird/aging issues/, Don /mom's pipeline process, /fire nearby, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments /MIL Covid /son's heart issues, /pneumonia and not posting, Roy /palpitations, /angina , Billy /wife back & hip, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /3 new skin cancer spots and treatment, /wife knee healing, /getting dehydrated and cramping, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery/retirement, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Doug and wife/health issues, /nerve and pain, / wife's hospital stay, Ken /kids shot tragedy, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, /cataract surgery, /Sophie's hand infection, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /wife not feeling well, /marriage, / frind stop drinking, Paul/ wife's disc issues, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis /retirement plans / brother "alligallyitus" and improving, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend cancer diagnosis and recovery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,124  
74F and "Fair" @ 22:00, heading down to a low of 72F in the overnight. High temp hit 88.2F today.

Got front mowed first thing with rain threatening the whole time, other than a couple of spits at me never did materialize ... although some nearby areas got a good watering especially up towards the CLE:

IMG_1930 copy.jpg

Did some juggling around of the dump cart and core aerator relocating them to the west side by the second circle after that, then put the forks on the Kubota and grabbed the two largest easter red cedar logs from in back and brought them around front. Shortest one was over 12' long and 12" in diameter at the base, will have to see how they clean up.

Then went up and grabbed that black locust post by the shop and a couple others and brought those down to the front. The nicest one was 9' 4" long ... so a little on the short side. Would have been better if it was 11' or 12'.

After that I sorted through the pile of the old PT lumber from the deck and pulled all the 2 x 8's, think there were around 10 - 12 of those which were 16' long, plus a couple of shorter ones. Moved those down around back for cleaning. Should work as a temporary wall around the garden area, at least on the side that slopes away, to retain the soil until I can get the wall built out of landscape block.

Afterwards I started mowing down here around the house. Got that partially done when neighbor's grandson stopped by to say he'd be over in a bit to help do some clean up in the compost/wood lot.

So I swapped the forks out for the bucket on the Kubota and headed up to start screening more compost and manure. Got the screened material pile fully replenished and then some by the time I knocked off.

Helper got a good amount of clean up done using a Bobcat with a grapple bucket, moving old ash and sycamore wood and remnants of the burn pile down into woods:

IMG_1931 copy.jpg

Should be able to get that all finished up by the end of the weekend, weather permitting.

Surest sign we've reached mid-summer: the leaves have start to turn and fall off the hawthorn trees:

IMG_1929 copy.jpg

Hope everyone had a great day ! ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #154,125  
70° now dew point 68° high’s around 90° today, air quality alert again. Calling for thunderstorms this afternoon, could use some rain.

Slow day yesterday, a little weeding and watering in the morning. A quick trip to the store for a rotisserie chicken so mrs didn’t have to cook. Worked up a new spreadsheet for next year’s projected budget (ouch!). Wine, salad, chicken and bread for supper then feet up and a movie.

Not much planed for today just putter around.

Enjoy your day everyone

Prayers for all

/ Good morning!!!! #154,126  
A bit of a win! This arvo a very distinctive 'crinkle' of creosote dropped from the top of the chimney and the woodheater started significantly producing heat = it looks like the blockage at the top has somewhat cleared. YAY!

I do know that an actual sweep needs to be performed but I've got a wee bit more of a leeway in the timing... a good thing too as we're predicted to go down to 4C to 1C over the next few days.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,127  
69 going to 90.

Wag, glad you got your chimney clean enough to use the wood stove. Didn't know insurance could make rules about going on a roof.

RNG, that beach sounds like fun. Enjoy!

Buppies, hope you're hydrated again. The heat and humidity have been tough.

While waiting for the grass to dry, ran a few errands in town yesterday and had lunch with my wife at the Mexican restaurant. Tried something new...very good. Started mowing with the threat of storms coming in...didn't finish before getting run in...3rd time in a row this has happened. Having to mow twice a week, and at the highest setting since the grass is so thick and moist. I'm thankful for the rain, especially hearing about how dry it is where some of you live.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,128  
good morning all
nice rain late last night, looks like about 3/4 inch, 1.67 for the week. That will keep everything green.
looks like more stormy weather this afternoon.

off to church this morning for a work session trimming low hanging branches in graveyard; I'm taking
makita cordless chainsaw and shrub clipper plus some good loppers. Not sure how much I'll be doing, still feel
a little weak this morning. Couple of guys meeting at 8am to beat the heat, so I'm up and out this morning.
Need to stop and get some breakfast on the way

/ Good morning!!!! #154,129  
2022-08-06, 0653

66° right now...high about 90°. Pretty overcast right now...maybe some rain (I hope)

Dump run is the only chore...if it doesn't rain, probably give the lawn a trim

/ Good morning!!!! #154,130  
Good morning! 78˚F . Yesterday was suppose to be a bit cooler but it was 102˚, we will try again today to stay under the 100˚ mark for the first time in many weeks.

Today I have an appointment to get my wife's voice changed at Costco, it's a little too loud and screechy sounding. Getting the final adjustments made on my hearing aids.