Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #156,571  
Good morning !
I will "recover" and post some pictures from summer

Have decided to build an extra room to our house, like "winter garden"

Guys dug pit.
525745AB-C5B0-443A-A0B7-63350D3ABDA4_1_105_c.jpeg

A189D6F3-D8CC-4E7D-8851-4E3FCB4CCF04_1_105_c.jpeg

As we were lazy to carry cement, hired rather big pump which could swing "noose" over my house

9454D764-C143-4153-AD89-2A6D02CEA6A0_1_105_c.jpeg

498B756C-A1DF-4726-8BBA-276E38C8AB87_1_105_c.jpeg

At the time to move dirt back my dog took "inspector-general" position

Guy in excavator was a bit lost. He is a kind of "dog person", but my Bernese is really "nasty & sticky". He loved to sit in freshly dug pit as there was cooler (day was hot)

99251668-3530-42D8-9E87-AF5D646DE75E_1_105_c.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #156,572  
43 high of 70 today

Prayers for all

/ Good morning!!!! #156,573  
41 outside this AM, may get to 69 today.

Not much accomplished yesterday. No window work. Maybe today.

BIL is in hurricane bulls eye, and has elected to stay. Is a few blocks away from inlet, another "block" from beach. Says it is quite windy this AM.

Hope all have a good day today. Be safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,574  
41, colder than L4N's Canada number. Going to a pleasant 68.

BEF, hope your mouth is feeling better.

Buppies and Roy, please get well!

Scaredy, congrats on your new Lottery win.

Helo, welcome back. Looks like that's gonna be a nice addition. Is a winter garden a room with many windows?

Hiked in the mountains yesterday...almost felt like a winter day. Lots of color showing in the understory plants.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,575  
good morning all
47 going up to 70 today, nice day
have two friends in Florida, one in Fort Meyers and one in Delray Beach on East side.

no coffee, no food, waiting to leave for hospital to get PET scan, routine. For sure, no news is good news.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,577  
44° will stay in 60s today.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,578  
Good morning! 52˚F heading to the upper 80s. Clear skies, light wind from the South. The Gulf has pushed back the cool front but another one will be coming Saturday.

Up early to move the pickup to the next street. At 6am our street is closed till 6pm for a new seal coat. I will be thinking of Buppies.

Even though they said upper 80s for the high yesterday my truck said 95˚ after work. Ha, I feel guilty calling it work.

I asked a mom of active kids what was their favorite activity. Yesterday the mom said "treasure mountain". That is where the kids are given a shovel to dig for gold, silver coins, and gems in a large pile of dirt. Last week it was pipe races - kids get in large culverts (tiles as you say up North) and look like hamsters running in a wheel.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,579  
Good Morning!!!! 65F @ 4:00AM.
Plentiful sunshine. High near 85F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
That's just about perfect weather. Almost wish I was hanging around to enjoy it.
But where I'm goin' is pretty nice, too, with today's high in the mid 70s and overnight lows in the low 50s. It'll be lots more comfortable in motorcycle clothes!

I sure hope Ian doesn't turn out to be another Sandy...

Where did people come up with all the colorful names for wild plants, Billy? They sure are a lot easier to remember than Arisaema triphyllum.

Sounds like you're having fun instead of working, Don. 👍🏻

That's the biggest concrete pump I've ever seen, Mr. H.!

Was able to get the new red bike up on the lift yesterday. Started by retorquing the cylinder heads. Broke the fasteners loose first; some of them were so tight I almost had to get out a breaker bar. I have tooling to repair stripped stud threads in the engine case, but I'm thankful I didn't need it yesterday. Something that's always a concern when it comes to ham fisted POs (previous owners). Then it was on to checking valve clearance, and these were set to more than three times what is called for. No wonder the top end sounded like a machine gun, but far better to be too loose than to tight! While rotating the engine to TDC, I noticed that the back wheel has way too much resistance to turning. Hope that's not a sign of transmission problems. While I had the valve covers off, I changed out the studs that hold them in place, doing a little machining to use socket head cap screws instead. That'll make removal much easier in the future. Couldn't help but notice that the battery was sitting crooked in its tray, and found that there were no straps holding it in place. POs again. My guy looks like he was cut from the same cloth as yours, Rich. Mine was a bit more clever, though, as he got me to pay for the privelege of cleaning up his messes.🤬😳

Happy Hump Day, folks. Feels more like Friday here, though.🤓

/ Good morning!!!! #156,580  
another dump run today, then scraps pick up from the local grocery store, the chickens are well fed :) My truck has been very useful these days.

wife says that she is on her way home in the next day or two - we'll see ❤️

🤠
Had an unpleasant surprise yesterday, I made a dump run. The first in quite awhile.
Had to dispose of old kitchen cabinets from my kitchen remodel. I've been spoiled for a long
time, I just take my trash to the farm and use the dumpster there. The contractors removing
the cabinets had stacked them on my little trailer along with dome sheet rock and such.

A 10 yard dumpster would have cost me $400 plus $110 per ton after the first. The little load
I had yesterday scaled out at 1500 pounds and they are now charging $0.25 per pound,
so $375 for a small load I'm going to have at least that much more so now waiting on qoutes for a small dumpster
as no need now for a 10 yard.