Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #156,981  
Morning all. 50 going to 71 today with sunny skies.
Yesterday was 2 years retired for me! Man that has flown bye fast!

Apparently the doctors office had an alligator in the waiting room when we went for my final checkup! Wife and I are both currently fighting mild cases.
Having a hard time getting things done as concentration and fatigue are keeping me down.
Need to do the 200 hour service on the tractor while it is still warm enough in the garage. I have all the stuff. Started picking up and organizing things in prep for winter. Leaf picking season is about to start in full force. Trees are coloring up nicely and already covering the lawn. All the tools are prepped and waiting.
Thomas I hope your wife heals up quick! 3 years retired(lol!) for you.
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!

/ Good morning!!!! #156,982  
2022-10-07, 0625

57° right now and some rain. High, about 70...

Mostly, wife's doing pretty good, but I don't think she'll ever give up the walker

/ Good morning!!!! #156,983  
Prayers for you Riptides

/ Good morning!!!! #156,984  
IMG_6477.JPG

The back tree is turning nice. Looks weird because I keep it trimmed off the side of garage.

Finding the zoning laws are pretty restrictive for the land in VA. Way more restrictive than here in MD. Bit disappointing, especially for agricultural zoned land. If this was R1 land I’d understand. But if we turn the house at an angle it might work. We can’t put any permitted accessory structure in before a house. And nothing in “front yard”, defined as space within the plane of the front of the house.
Maybe a shed under permit size can go in first, not sure about that. Have to do silt fencing, etc just to put in driveway apparently. I can get exemption from SWM plan, but looks like still gotta do all the nonsense stuff.

Haven’t heard about closing status, it’s supposed to happen before next Tuesday per the contract. Not sure what happens if they aren’t ready.

Morning all.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,985  
Roy looking for a mossburg 500 defender mariner got any leads?

/ Good morning!!!! #156,986  
Hope it works BEF beautiful picture

/ Good morning!!!! #156,987  
53F and cloudy @ 07:00, heading up to a high of 56F this afternoon with the possibility of light to moderate showers this morning. Looks a little wet out there right now so it appears we've already had some. They should be mostly done by 09:00 or so.

Had a cloudy period yesterday but it cleared up in the afternoon, high temp hit 73.9F and it was quite pleasant working outside.

Made the "big push" yesterday and got lumber sort out largely done. Got everything moved back inside that I didn't want getting wet. The only thing that's left is sorting out the PT lumber (still over in front of the house) and cleaning off the two "tables" (OSB on sawhorses)

Footprint in the barn reduced by 50% to 75% because I can now stack some of the pallets and it's well enough organized now that I can empty it out using the forks on the Kubota in probably 30 minutes or less.

Woman helped cleaning and organizing on things on pallets while I juggled things around.

Recovered 5 or so wooden pallets, used 7 of the plastic ones. Have at least two more wooden pallets I can recover by consolidating retaining wall blocks onto a single pallet.

It was the "big push" because I didn't sleep at all Wednesday night but still managed to stay up yesterday and take advantage of the nice weather to get it done.

Was completely exhausted by the end of the day, think I was in bed by 20:00 and slept like a baby all night long. Woke up this morning around 04:30.

Amazon delivered my CR123A batteries yesterday, along with the nightgown I ordered for The Woman. Fedex was a no-show with the new framing nailer but tracking reports it is "Out For Delivery" as of 04:45 AM.

Did not get hopper feeder refilled so that is definitely on the agenda at some point today.

Other possible agenda items for the day:

Since it's wet, cool, and windy outside I think this will mostly be an inside day over here at the house. Doesn't appear that there is any puddling yet, so apparently any rain got was fairly minimal.

Try to see if I can find the folder for the pole barn and dig that out.

I got a count on the 8' fluorescent fixtures while I was over at the barn yesterday - there's 16 of them. Only three are hung presently. Need to figure out a layout on those so I can get an idea of how much romex wire will be needed to finish wiring them up so that I can order that. Probably already did that at some point, but it's probably easier (and faster) to just do it again.

Was happy to see that the price of 8' LED bulbs has come way down since we bought the ones we installed in the kitchen a few years back ... (y)

Also need to work on figuring out what other items are needed.

Some kitchen clean up on agenda as well.

Plus whatever else comes up.

Hope everyone has a great Friday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #156,988  
Good morning! Temp range today is 60˚ to 90˚ with no chance of rain.
Pretty colors on the tree BEF, thanks for sharing.
Rip, hang in there.
Drew, glad your numbers are in the normal range.
Today is another rest day, some schools are out today and Monday and the farm is anticipating a crowd for the 4 day school "Fall break" and calling in extra staff.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,990  
Good Morning
It’s 50 and going to at least 70 under clear skies today.

Yesterday found me in the shop in the morning, cleaned and oiled the Bridgeport and lathe, cleaned some guns and did some mining for useable horizontal surfaces.

Grilled a burger for lunch, and then a successful shopping expedition to get a suit with my wife. We were successful as long as the keep their completion date, as its the day defore the wedding. Got the trash and recycling down the lane to the street, I think that the Caryall mounts are about perfect now.

Today doesn’t have a complete plan yet, I would like to mow if the ground dries up enough, I’ve got to fill the grain bins in the barn, first have to go to Agway and get bags of grain. Band is coming tonight, I’ve got to put something in the crock pot.