Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #161,841  
My SIster In Law did that once, and wife still can’t find things.
C9AE50F1-1EB7-4727-98A2-5789356DB598.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #161,842  
33 this morning nice day on tap maybe get to work some

Thomas sorry about wifes fall hope she gets better soon

Prayers for riptides and wife, check Kyle all others silent or spoken

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #161,844  
Good evening all. 41ºF for the start, partly cloudy, windy. Very windy, sky became mostly cloudy, and high temp was 69ºF. Men's meeting to start day, then putter and trip to bike shop. Gas was $2.63 / gal. Nap after getting home.
Randy(wag) glad vine is now trimmed. Sorry about the forgotten tool.
Drew hope coffee was good, have been trying to reduce sugar myself, it is in so many processed food, condiments, etc makes it more of a challenge. Who certifies gas?
Ron glad plan worked yesterday. Sounds like good plan for today. nice pic.
Kilroy I take it fire went out. I use a few drops of gas or premix to help start reluctant engines. I was at bike shop, they said most stuff coming in better now, but they have back orders with Oct, '23 expected fill date. Hope honey-do list not too long.
Buppies Thanks for the warning. prayers sent.
Scotty good to hear rainfall looking good. Hope you get forecasted rain
Billy hope you could take advantage of the warmer weather. Glad the spikes helped you on the hike nice pics
Mike thanks for the update. prayers sent.
RNG hope you could start trip. Hope insurance not too big of a pain.
Bill hope you had fun plowing/seat time.
Paul pretty good batting all heater blowing hot air at days end.
Bill they have not invited me back, yet. They are going to change filters and clean screens, and change one batter. They wanted to know if anything else was on computer.
Jim wife gone then returns and no update to Honey-do list? WOW
Rich glad you got a energy conservation day. Chemo did similar things to wife's sense of smell and taste.
Frits thank you for sharing that update. Really neat about daughter. Sorry about shoulder, has it been evaluated by PT person? Good luck with mini split.
Mark good to see you are warming up.
Kyle software has really changed sine I was working win CAM programs. Looks like TCPC is accomplished on machine control. Most of the readily available CAM packages like MastercCam were 2 1/2 axis, and many of the Machine controls were 2 1/2 axis. (mid'80's). Used NCL by NCCS which is still around, gets used in a lot of aircraft work.
Ted glad you got luck on no wind damage. Hope trip to store was successful. Hope paper work went well, no this groups favorite pass time :)
David energy conservation is an important skill and accomplishment.
ljj Welcome to GM thread. I lived in Missouri for 60 y STL and Rolla area.
Frits sorry about Zion's cough.
Bill glad plowing done, hope easy fix for chain.
Dennis glad you are such a short timer !!
RS hope the leftovers were still good :) sorry about the over use of well water. Hope today went well.
Gstrom sorry about cataracts, guy had brights on in subdivision, and got bad glare. Good luck with water cooler.
Thomas glad short day, sorry about Mrs fall, prayers sent. nice kitty pic
Dennis nice to hear you reconnected with former coworker. Okay does he have more tractors than you?
Frits Peking Duck is nice surprise. Glad no serious damage.
Don thanks for sharing.
Randy(wag) most peope spoiled with multiple grocery stores only 5 minutes away. Thinking ahead is skill that has atrophied in many people. Good luck with aunt.
Ted glad shopping went well. sorry about dryer, hope switch was the problem. I have anti-bug screen on dryer vent on roof, usually it is culprit. Glad you are getting some moisture.
Kyle sorry o hear you are laying on couch. prayers sent.
RS nice progress today sorry about not getting the beef stroganoff. Glad the video helped you, slab foundation here so not much help.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /broken arm and heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /elbow healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's fall and recovery, Frits/ daughters hip replacement /veteran son with mental issues, Ken /dad possible dementia, /uncle's surgery, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Lou /eye issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage not doing well, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /coughing, /neighbor issues, /land development, / brother "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's surgery, Scotty, /back pain, Frits /daughter recovery from surgery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Mark /wife colon surgery, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.
I think I was 5 when that saw was made! It is normally a 2-pull start, but between sitting so long and a week of single digit temps, it needed some help. In August, I replaced the pull start mechanism (bought a complete cover) because it is such a good saw. Not a high rev unit, but has decent torque, and a great backup when I get the bar of my Dolmar 7300 pinched 🤣😂

/ Good morning!!!! #161,846  
our bird baths finally thawed yesterday enough to dump the ice and refill with fresh water...many birds immediately jumped in and had pool parties.

Do the cats get busted for hunting over the bait? 🤣
No cats here, except occasional strays, but the hawks try.

/ Good morning!!!! #161,847  
Good morning! 63˚F heading only to 69˚ with cloudy skies. The South wind becomes North wind tonight expecting low 50s tomorrow.

Yesterdays was the warmest day this week at 72˚. The only reason for my jacket during seat time was the wind which made a few dust storms when it gusted, made me think of RNG's roof.

At the "Farm" they are constructing a food court with the base of 4 trailers, the same trailer base that I pull behind the tractor. They are pouring piers about 15' high to set them on with a crane to get them out of the flood plane. I'll have to get a pic next time I go to work. It seems like a waste of trailers to me. The plan was to just pull them out if it stared flooding but after they pulled the giga beer keg trailer they realized it could collapse easily because of the uneven ground, so this is plan "B".

The reindeer left the farm yesterday. One reindeer lost one of it's magnificent antlers making it look lopsided. Both male and female Reindeer have antlers and the males loose their antlers in November/early December. The females keep their smaller antlers so Santa's reindeer should have been named with female names.

The event this week is a goat in the petting zoo is expecting twins or triplets at any time now and the "Watch" is on.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #161,848  
Top of the morning to everyone,
Presently 35F after an overnight low of 29 under sunny skies, forecast high of 54. Should be the last sub freezing night for a week or so.

One item on the 'honey do' list now. Wife (Liz) was outside with the dog yesterday and noticed a broken tree hung up in another tree. It is a 60ft tall pine that I'm guessing broke in the storm last week. The break is about 30 ft up with the top 30 hung up in a neighboring tree. It is right above the area where the dog does her 'business' so Liz wants it taken down before it falls down on the dog. A broken tree, hung up in another tree, this is going to take some studying to make sure I can get it down safely.

Ronjhall- it takes quality equipment, a good eye and skill to get the pictures you do. Thank you for posting them.

Let's be careful out there and have a good day.

/ Good morning!!!! #161,850  
Good Morning
It’s 27 and going to 45 today.

Yesterday was an energy conservation day, didn’t accomplish much. Rigged up another UPS with a dead battery to one of the spare 12ah batteries I had sitting around. They are too big to fit inside, so I extended the battery wires outside the case and run the battery externally. I connected it to an audio rack with a digital mixer and a pair of 24 track hard drive recorders, none of which is happy when the power is interrupted while recording.

Today, I noticed I’ve got a pine tree down across a lane on the backside of a pasture. Doesn’t look like the fence is damaged. I’ll take a good look at it and likely swap the snow plow for a grapple on the tractor and move it to the brush pile with little or no cutting. But I’ll have to do it soon while the ground is still frozen.
Not much else planned, this puppy is a full time job!