Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #170,821  
Apparently forgot to hit the "Post Reply" button this afternoon ... :rolleyes:

69F and sunny @ 13:00, heading up to around 73F for the high.

Made it up to shop last night and worked for several hours cleaning up and organizing, still a long, long ways to go though. What a mess ... :rolleyes:

At least was able to get a couple of benches partially cleared off and wiped down.

Did not get to the mower blades for the Cub.

Woman has torn into her chest of drawers and has gotten it emptied out, long overdue I'm sure.

Mower lift has made it from being picked up to Wichita to Kansas City, UPS now says will be delivered by tomorrow rather than this coming Tuesday. Yippee !

Agenda for today:

Mix up another 2 gallons of glyphosate and refill sprayer. Maybe do some spraying if winds are light enough. (didn't happen, was pretty windy)

Get mowing done down here around the house. (Got that done + most of compost wood lot)

Somebody pulled Rocky off the compost pile, buzzards (and flies) are circling.

Get the last 3 bags of pelletized lime applied to the lawn. (Also done + bags and shrinkwrap taken up to can at road + pallet removed from van)

Fix live trap. That last big 'coon twisted up the rod that trips the trap pretty bad. (Got twisted rod extracted from trap, will take it with me up to the shop here in a little bit)

Maybe see if any plants need watered. (All plants in pots around back watered)

Hope everyone is having a Good Friday ... (y)

Update as of 21:15: 62F and "Fair" headed down to 46F overnight. Calling for a high of 79F tomorrow.

Water Buffalo refilled.

Woman went out clothes shopping with nephew's wife in preparation for Her trip out of state, was gone until evening. She did manage to get by Home Depot for a gallon of that 30% vinegar and Harbor Freight for the smaller 1 1/4 gallon pump sprayer which will be easier for Her to carry around. Will need to mix up a batch of juice for her tomorrow.

She brought me back an iced Butter Pecan from Dunkin' ... and then grilled up some Hebrew Nationals + Bush's Baked Beans.

Neighbor came over and dropped off some plastic fencing while She was doing that.

Got two frame sections of 6' long industrial shelving set up around back, still have a 3rd one to do. Will use to set plants/seeds on until they get planted in the ground.

Some critter was nipping off the tops of a couple of squash plants that were setting on the ground ... 🤬 ... will deploy chipmunk trap tomorrow.

Mower lift in Columbus, OH as of 17:00.

Bunch of sticks picked up off the lawn.

Couple of firewood pallets moved up at the shop.

Did some online banking.

Got notification that plant order from Burgess has shipped ... very fast compared to last year ... (y)

Heading up to the shop to continue on with that project, maybe work on mower blades.

Hope everyone had a great Friday ... (y)

(Update coming)

Some of today's blooms.

Around back:

IMG_2637 copy.jpg

Mom's peonies around front:

IMG_2641 copy.jpg

Think we brought those out from the house in Firestone Park, probably around '69 or '70.

Some close ups:

IMG_2638 copy.jpg

IMG_2640 copy.jpg

IMG_2639 copy.jpg

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #170,824  
Got the final 2 walls done -16 total.
Soooo glad to finally be done with that chore. 16 years of accumulated dust, mold, mildew etc power washed away. Feeling really good for the upcoming painting.

/ Good morning!!!! #170,825  
Good evening all. 62ºF for the start, overcast, light breeze. Light wind, overcast thinned in afternoon, and high temp was 85ºF. Bike ride to start day, then to town to return ring compressor and get lunch. Did get nap in, got gasket surface cleaned up and crankcase assembly completed.
Frits sorry you are up early. Sorry it is so rough on your wife to get vaccinated. Hope you can get grass finished today. Hope you are getting rocks under control. Good to hear daughter was dinner with mentor.
Ron you had a good day yesterday. Good to hear trailer deck progressing. Nice pic of lookout.
Buppies glad you are enjoying the weather. prayers sent.
Billy my condolences to you and your wife. Enjoy the visiting over the weekend.
Drew sounds like a good trip other than the trailer damage. Good luck with the repair.
Kilroy big improvement in tax payment.
Kilroy good to hear progress at woodlot. Hope dr visit with new Dr. went well.
Thomas hope fence work for turkeys. Forget date night you might be sleeping with Boo.
Paul sorry to hear wife sick. prayers for her recovery. Hope you got home on time.
Lou hope the excavator work is going well. Hope the concrete work goes well also.
Ken hope weed whacking and tree moving went well. My condolences on wife's friend, and neighbors uncle. Glad vet found problem, hope dog recovers fully soon. nice pic
Bill glad town run went well, quite the power nap :) Hope tin work progressed well.
Dennis those were different dreams. Hope mowing was productive.
Drew glad good trip home, tank sensors working any better?
Ted hope you got some rain. Hope you got the gravel spread and gat a good visit with sister.
Scott welcome to GM thread. hope you enjoy the grandkid visit. nice pic
Jay good to hear no smoke. Sorry about the wind. Nice pic
Dennis glad you got some mowing done. Sorry you missed some sticks. nice pic
Bill you you get the batteries recharged.
Mark hope good trip to your mom's.
Dennis glad you got some serious mow time, sorry about string trimmer line. Glad no surgery for wife's knee, sorry about son needing MRI. prayers sent.
Drew glad you got a nap. Have fun with new grease gun. I had two guns down until recently.
Dennis sorry about dinner, both at home and in restaurant. Glad Pebbles is purring.
Randy(wag) glad blood donation and booster shot both went well. Sorry about sore arm this morning.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /back surgery healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /loss of brother, /heart issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's and David's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's healing from surgery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #170,826  
Got some gravel spread in the "difficult" areas. Then built the gravel ramp up against the log border of the landscape bed so I can fill the strawberry planter with dirt.
I have to drive the tractor up the ramp so the loader can go over the picket fence.

I did put in a double gate specifically to be able to drive the tractor into the back yard. It was in an area that should have remained "clear".
Unfortunately, since the son had to bring his RV here after the divorce. The only spot we could park it to hook up to the septic, and utilities, blocks the gate access for the tractor.

While working the tractor, the wind kicked up quite a bit and the skies were really, really, dark to the south of us. Strange dark areas, some low dark clouds going in a different direction....
Continued working, never got any rain. Within 45 min. to an hour and most of it was all broken up and spotty sunshine. When I went inside for a drink, the wifey reported we were under a tornado watch....
I'm glad I didn't see one.....

I have only seen 2 out here, both a good distance away (probably 20 miles away) which was ok with me....

Didn't get to fill the planter..... on the agenda for tomorrow. I did get all but 2 zones run for the drip irrigation. That will get finished tomorrow too.

My sister should arrive around 16:00 tomorrow.We are planning on burgers and hotdogs on the grill, also some beer battered fries. Wifey made a pasta salad. Desert will be the infamously delicious blueberry/cheesecake pie.

We may go up to Santa Fe on Sunday to stroll around the plaza on Sunday. If they don't want to go there, we might go to Madrid NM, an old coal mining town that has been gentrified into a bunch of small "artsy" shops. The shops are in the old company miners shacks. It's kinda like a small "New Hope" in Bucks Co. PA.
The old mining co. tavern is still operational, has a 40 ft long bar, live folk music, and great food. They expanded the restaurant a couple years ago, adding a 'cantina'. Definitely a good thing, during the summer months, there could be a 2-3 hour wait to get seated. Apparently, the additional space reduced the wait considerably.
Have a great evening!

/ Good morning!!!! #170,827  
Coffee is done brewing. 36° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 77° with a few clouds. Got grass mowed. Put second coat of paint on trailer deck. Put flail mower on tractor and cut a couple of place I had missed in first cutting. Neighbor got a pool repair guy out. Problem was more than pilots. Burner was rusted out. New heater on it's way. Going to clean up trailer today. Then install hold downs for Mule. Have a neighborhood picnic in afternoon.
Trying to avoid posing for camera.
u97q43i.jpg

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #170,828  
I've never seen an Indigo Bunting. Surprised it isn't dark blue black
View attachment 802457

had a nice nap, needed it.
I had pushed the electric mower for about ten minutes this afternoon so
I'll be ready for the rider tomorrow. Grass is slowing down without more rain.

I need to make a run to JD dealer, maybe next week.
I ordered an Alemite hand manual grease gun, and I of course need to
have green grease in it right?
this is all precipitated by my trailer wheel bearings, which have nice zerk lube fittings.
unfortunately my air hose won't reach trailer.
I just don't do enough zerk greasing to justify another Dewalt. What a nice tool that greasegun was on the farm.
So a manual one for occasional use will be fine. Still have the air powered one for mowers.
Alemite has been around a long time.

if one can use the politically incorrect phrase of Dead Indians...all those grease guns thrown out that would not get a prime.
A workshop's dead indians.
yeah, probably a term that should go away.
along with humming 49 bottles of beer on the wall
and whatever else annoys or offends.

I wonder what the number one cause of not getting a grease gun prime is.
does anyone have any grease gun wisdom?
Airlock.
Lift the lever so the plunger is withdrawn, manually push grease into the hole until you cannot pack more in.

Barely catch the first thread, just enough to keep the head from coming off the barrel, and release the spring-loaded follower handle and allow the air to be expelled (it does get a bit messy as some grease will come out past the threads.

if you have a higher-quality grease gun, the follower handle can be engaged/disengaged from the follower plunger itself, so you can engage it and apply force to the plunger to expel the air positively instead of relying solely on the spring pressure to expel the air. This also has to be done with the lever in the UP position.

otherwise there is probably something obstructing the passage in the head, a piece of somewhat flexible wire pushed through the passage can clear it, also check the tube or hose and the fitting separately.

messy business…

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #170,829  
Morning all!
41 going to the high 70's.
Still having an issue with my neck! Finally scheduled to go to pt and a pain management doc. Going on over a month not being able to do much.
Finished all the meds they gave me for it, now we will see how I feel over the next few days.
Still getting as much work done as I can. Just moving slow and steady. Meds where keeping me from driving so will be happy to do that again if I can. The fun of getting older I guess.
Will be trying to get the garden planted by the end of this week. We have the seeds and plants ready to go.
Wife feels fine but still is having voice issues. Waiting on next doctor appointment.
Tried to grab a pic with my Iphone of a visitor to the yard.
IMG_4769.JPG

Not sure what it was. Had a red spot on the head and a black spot on it's chest.
Need to supervise a few jobs over the weekend but will not be doing any heavy work.
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!

/ Good morning!!!! #170,830  
Good evening all. 62ºF for the start, overcast, light breeze. Light wind, overcast thinned in afternoon, and high temp was 85ºF. Bike ride to start day, then to town to return ring compressor and get lunch. Did get nap in, got gasket surface cleaned up and crankcase assembly completed.
Frits sorry you are up early. Sorry it is so rough on your wife to get vaccinated. Hope you can get grass finished today. Hope you are getting rocks under control. Good to hear daughter was dinner with mentor.
Ron you had a good day yesterday. Good to hear trailer deck progressing. Nice pic of lookout.
Buppies glad you are enjoying the weather. prayers sent.
Billy my condolences to you and your wife. Enjoy the visiting over the weekend.
Drew sounds like a good trip other than the trailer damage. Good luck with the repair.
Kilroy big improvement in tax payment.
Kilroy good to hear progress at woodlot. Hope dr visit with new Dr. went well.
Thomas hope fence work for turkeys. Forget date night you might be sleeping with Boo.
Paul sorry to hear wife sick. prayers for her recovery. Hope you got home on time.
Lou hope the excavator work is going well. Hope the concrete work goes well also.
Ken hope weed whacking and tree moving went well. My condolences on wife's friend, and neighbors uncle. Glad vet found problem, hope dog recovers fully soon. nice pic
Bill glad town run went well, quite the power nap :) Hope tin work progressed well.
Dennis those were different dreams. Hope mowing was productive.
Drew glad good trip home, tank sensors working any better?
Ted hope you got some rain. Hope you got the gravel spread and gat a good visit with sister.
Scott welcome to GM thread. hope you enjoy the grandkid visit. nice pic
Jay good to hear no smoke. Sorry about the wind. Nice pic
Dennis glad you got some mowing done. Sorry you missed some sticks. nice pic
Bill you you get the batteries recharged.
Mark hope good trip to your mom's.
Dennis glad you got some serious mow time, sorry about string trimmer line. Glad no surgery for wife's knee, sorry about son needing MRI. prayers sent.
Drew glad you got a nap. Have fun with new grease gun. I had two guns down until recently.
Dennis sorry about dinner, both at home and in restaurant. Glad Pebbles is purring.
Randy(wag) glad blood donation and booster shot both went well. Sorry about sore arm this morning.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /back surgery healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /loss of brother, /heart issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's and David's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's healing from surgery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.
New doc seems competent, of course I forgot fasting before visit so I have to go back next week and see the vampire sans breakfast.., oops 🤡