Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #192,392  
safe and somewhat sane in Fairfield Inn in Washington NC.
once again got lost in Roanoke taking wrong turn because while I want to
go south west, the road is labeled East. So instead of major roads, I just drove through main street of about six towns but at least no traffic on back roads. And plenty of places to safely pass when you need to.
a/c working fine in room, going to try to rest a little before heading out.

David/Sodamo, glad you got a code to work with, hopefully a good clue

/ Good morning!!!! #192,393  
Good Afternoon David,
Well we sheathed the walls on the ground with T-111, then a few years later I put up the Hardie siding on the south side of the barn because the T-111 was taking a beating. Obviously working off of a ladder is much more work !

Attachments

• IMG_2361.jpeg
    IMG_2361.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 32
   / Good morning!!!! #192,394  
What a day. Made to the low 80's and cloudy today.

Had a storm roll through this morning. That sky was mean, half my county had impassable roads due to powerlines and trees down....and I guess parts of houses. I'm sure we will be out of power for a while.

Only about 150k houses were out of power, not bad considering MI aging infrastructure.

Had a Lightning strike in the back yard, barely missed one of my trucks. Wife said it was "bright" and she could smell it.

Now I gotta do clean up at the property. Gotta get the road open one of these days.

1 section.
31054.jpg

31052.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #192,395  
Good Afternoon David,
Well we sheathed the walls on the ground with T-111, then a few years later I put up the Hardie siding on the south side of the barn because the T-111 was taking a beating. Obviously working off of a ladder is much more work !

Nice
I try to avoid ladders these days

/ Good morning!!!! #192,396  
Installed new dishwasher door spring. Wasn’t exactly the same but close. Little plastic bushing missing, so not sure how long it will last metal on metal.
Later looked up proper spring, $22 and $12 for the bushing. I got 2 pack of springs, so have a spare. The old spring had broke before, so I just took 1 coil and bent a new hook. It lasted several years. Other side still original.
It was rubbing so pulled it out again and hooked from back side, much better.

Debating hardie panels vs the overlap boards.

/ Good morning!!!! #192,400  
Dennis, when we built our barn in Vt we sheathed the walls on the ground. Of course I needed a bunch of guys to stand them up

One disadvantage of doing that way is that you are usually better off racking the walls in place to compensate for any errors with the deck or foundation.