Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #192,641  
Every now and then it really pays off to be able to find it and save a trip going to town.
Especially if your a packrat like I am.
Before we bought the place in Mississippi (with 5,000 sq ft of shop) I had about 20'x20' in the basement and a 10x15 shed.
I try to do my organizing along the lines of a hardware store, I've a plumbing aisle, electric aisle, lumber aisle etc.
Still a mess but I can usually find things.

/ Good morning!!!! #192,643  
Good (Monday/Canada Day) morning. Overnight Low was a frosty -1.2C and it's presently warmed up to 10.7C, which will pretty much be the High. It's clear and calm.

I still haven't received the invoice for the liming.

Not much happening today, just enjoying 'retirement'. (y)

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #192,644  
Especially if your a packrat like I am.
Before we bought the place in Mississippi (with 5,000 sq ft of shop) I had about 20'x20' in the basement and a 10x15 shed.
I try to do my organizing along the lines of a hardware store, I've a plumbing aisle, electric aisle, lumber aisle etc.
Still a mess but I can usually find things.
I have seen and been amazed at some people I know who are Kaizen organizers....I am not one of them. I have a few tubs labeled, A/C stuff, soldering stuff, electrical stuff, lawnmower small engine stuff.

But I still have the middle of my barn filled with stuff. It would be easier to share a photo, but I'm not wanting to post my junk space online.

Here's a short list of stuff crowding my barn:
3 tool boxes
3 benches
small bead blast cabinet
9hp Yanmar 24v generator
7x14 metal cutting saw
vertical band saw
table saw
oxyacetylene rig
Miller Roughneck 1E w/ Kohler that needs rebuilding.
2 small garden tillers
ride on mower
defunct pressure washer
3 old Yamahas, 2 I could get kickstarted and ride to town in an emergency
1 South Bend Nordic lathe that needs 3 phase power.

every now and then, I'll spend some time cleaning up, getting the benches nearly clear for the next job.

Still have so many tasks.

I did make up a 10' long "tampon/wick" and ran it through the tall johnson grass. I can already tell I need to make a version 2.0, with even smaller holes (maybe 1/32), and to put a plugged smaller tube inside the 2" pipe to fill the annulus. I'm hoping for an 80% kill rate on the johnson grass, hopefully better. With my solution mixed at a 6 oz/gallon rate, I ended up using about 2 quarts of 41% over about 15 acres. If it wasn't leaking so much at either end when that end got tilted lower than the other, I could have maybe finished the whole 23 acres. I feel this might be the best way to apply on taller weeds, as there is no atomization, and little waste if I can keep the solution from pouring out in droplets. I hung mine from the FEL so I could easily raise and lower to adjust for the slight up and downs I have. It takes very little pressure, actually just using the slightest amount and then using an on/off switch to pump only when I was in the weeds.

One company that sells these uses diamond braided polypro rope, with an acrylic inner core to absorb and apply the solution.

Another company uses a sponge type, similar to what gas stations used to use to scrub your windows prior to chamois use.

Next, I need to spray the rest of the weeds, and kill the Bahia grass to let the coastal Bermuda not have to compete.

I'm starting to worry about Beryl storm. Looking bad, taking the historical lower route past the Hispanola Islands.

These sunflowers brighten my day both in the morning and the evening on my way to work.

Screenshot 2024-06-30 070402.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #192,646  
Good evening all. Light wind, partly cloudy, high temp was 99ºF HI 104ºF. Nap was good, conserve energy rest of day. Eggs were really golf balls. Haven't seen duck in a while.
resuming June 29 5:04 AM CDT post:
Thomas wish you could share rain, sounds like you don't want it.
Buppies I know the feeling well.
Billy or make Mom and Dad feel like they need to give Thomas a good talking to.
Dennis that is an old well.
Billy good amount of mowing. Glad Della had fun with family.
Drew old well needs to be capped properly. Hope get good result from pipeline.Used to be a lot of wells om the farm! Glad new mower holding up.
Mike business and families are a challenge to mix. I think I understand the sadness, the family farm is no longer the family farm :(
Ron glad you got more rain. Hope Buppies gets some of that.
Don must be nice to have the pool to plunge into.
Scott(vt) glad you are getting rain. Sorry it is messing with boating plans. Mice pic.
Drew especially if pool cooler than 90ºF.
WVH1977 welcome to GM thread. Country is very dry in a LOT of places.
Buppies and money adds to the problem.
Scotty hope cooler project goes well.
Ken glad son learning about writing. good to hear sticks and watering progress made. Sorry to hear about Aunt and spot on lungs. Thank for family history. Is a breaker yard like a salvage yard?
RNG hope trip north goes well an you can beat the heat going south. Thanks for response on the lights. Sorry about handle on jack hammer, hope you can fab something to replace it. Hope you can get VW running and sold
Paul framing looks good. Hope the band enjoyed the pizza. Hope getting the smoker loaded and going was fun.
Lou glad heat has left you too.
Hay Dude thanks for haying pics.
Scotty looking forward to the pics.
Kyle rough looking assistant.
Frits thanks for the info on the wall. Hope you get a visit with D. Nice flower pics
Hay dude not much hay after baling.
David glad Dr is happy with Sophie's eye. So main problem was slow leak?
RS sorry about how dry it was. Good to hear beetle traps filling up. Hope you made progress on rest of day agenda.
Ted hope you get more rain this time around. Never had smoked meatloaf. Hope you got to conserve energy.
Dennis 50 acres is a lot to mow.
Randy(wag) hope church went well.
Scott(vt) glad day went well, hope you can find suitable church in Vermont.
Dennis glad class ready to present, nice you are getting rain.
Frits hope no other damage from lightning strike.
Dennis sorry about barn fire.
Buppies sorry about no rain, only takes about 30 seconds to figure out how hot and miserable it is.
Bill the Texans can use some rain as well.
Scotty glad you were fit enough for the hay work.
Buppies getting true here as well :(
June 30 3:43 CDT post:
Ron nice rain, hope good progress on adapter. Cardinal not as colorful as some.
Billy glad dump run done and got a hike in. 300K lot of miles.
Drew nice rain, glad more on the way. Know what you mean about all the house chores. Hope indoor work went well.
Thomas hope wood moving and stacking went well.
Dennis getting close on eggs.
Mike sorry wife not feeling well. Glad pool usable for cooling off. Hope chores got done.
Buppies Hope you found something inside.
Scott(vt) hope you found some syrup, got the dump run accomplished and found some tree to make fire wood out of.
Frits hope no damage from pond overflow. Hope ground is happier now.
Drew glad you are getting rain. Hope planting went well.
NHBX hope you got the rain. Hope energy conservation went well.
Don hope projects went well. Not much coolness in morning.
Paul we had a lot of nail pick up when building the St Louis house. Glad you got to catch grand opening, and got some rain. Hope some progress on old folks home.
RNG sorry you need to use pickup to tow trailer. Hope the steel pallets gone and some fire gets sold.
Drew PO put lot of hours on generator. Nice garden haul.
Bill hope guy with busted pelvis doing OK. Sorry rain canceled town trip
Ken glad you got rain pool time and progress on table. Sorry your dad not making progress. Nice pics
Ted glad you got some good rain. Glad smoked meatloaf good. Hope you found something to get done.
David glad good mowing day. Hope garage work went well.
RS sorry no more rain. Glad you are getting cooler temps. Hope planing and watering went well. Garden looks great.
Buppies sorry about no rain.
Engineer looks like you still in the heat.
Frits nice luggage. Glad too;s are organized.
Thomas good to hear almost done with basement wood. Hope critters good entertainment.
Kyle sorry to hear leak in SUV A/C. Hope new plug helps PW. Glad church was good. Prayers for son's friend.
Scott(vt) good to hear you found some syrup. and good WX in afternoon.
Dennis glad class went well. Hope son's trip finishes safely. My condolences on wife's Aunt.
Newbury good to hear shop organized well enough to find things.
Randy(wag) hope invoice shows up and not a rude surprise.
Kyle understand not want to show what treasure you have saved over the years. Hope you wick 2.0 works even better. Cheery field of sunflowers.
Dennis glad son made it ok. Hope cat not a problem.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

Attachments

• 20240613_141446.jpg
    20240613_141446.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
  • 20240615_070632.jpg
    20240615_070632.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
  • 20240615_125121.jpg
    20240615_125121.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
   / Good morning!!!! #192,648  
Poured hot cup of coffee. 46° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 76° with plenty of sun. Got all the bushing welded on brackets. But not door. Winds were blowing briskly. Cleaned up brackets from weld splatter. Going to drill holes to mount brackets temporally on SSQA. Need to double check all dimensions before mounting. A few years ago this would have been few hours project. Now its several days. Foot pain limits how long I can be on my feet.
Another wet bird.
UF1IKg3.jpg

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #192,649  
good Monday morning all
should be a nice day, sunny with high of 80.
off early to dentist, have multiple issues, as usual.
when that's done, need to take used oil to local gas station, get them to dump it, so I have
room to change rv engine oil. Then back home to do that.

new Fiskars garden spade was delivered yesterday, one designed for edging gardens.
If I use the weedeater it does a very rough job and throws mulch everywhere. So perhaps later I'll work
my way around the gardens and give them a haircut on the edges.

Ron, after about two hours, my right foot is swollen and unhappy. Then I start looking for sit down time.
I hope yours improves.

made some progress on Wegovy. Blue Cross "approved" my prescription, so the nonsensical list price of 1600 for four shots is
discounted down to $785 from their earlier quote of $980. My next step is to see if Wegovy will enroll me in their low income
buy direct plan, hopefully cutting the last price in half. Will see, my income is low enough likely to qualify.

was looking at a Blackstone griddle. Friend had one and loved it, said food was juicier.
who has one and do you like it? Too big for rv, would have to stay at home next to Weber.