Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #192,801  
Good Morning,
Vt, 63 to start going to 80 with humidity and clouds ! Grands are up early and so are we ! 😉😁

- he improved the moldboard plow to work specifically on hillsides
Wngsprd, thanks that is very interesting! He was one of us ! 😉

The only plans for today are some steaks, a bottle wine and the best company I can imagine.
NHBX, congratulations and Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your special day ! 🙏

Phil, love the light house ! Very nice !

Plans today, maybe a little time out in the shop this morning, and try and finish those white oak saw horses I started awhile back !

We actually had a few blueberries ripen up but mostly still all green ! Looks like a good year for blue berries !

Happy Birthday America! 🙏🎊🎉

/ Good morning!!!! #192,802  
Good morning, the low is 64 and going up to 81°F. Wind SW 4 mph. 30% chance of showers.

It rained yesterday, so I didn't do nothing.

Happy Independence Day to all who celebrate!

Enjoyed Tora, Tora, Tora last evening. All 2.5 hours of it.

I might fire up the lawn mower and cut the front again. It needs it. IF I do that I will cut the driveway sides and go get the mail.

NHBX, a .22 cal. pot shot will fix your bunny.
Happy Anniversary!

Phil, neat lighthouse.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #192,803  
Res Loads on the iPad, LoopCad on the computer.

Here’s the report from LoopCad
IMG_0225.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #192,804  
The Mrs and I celebrate 44 yrs together today. When we got married we got the super deluxe wedding package at the JP’s for $55 which included 2 Polaroid pictures and one of those tiny bottles of champagne. We still laugh about it! The JP asked us the “standard” What brought you two here today? My reply was “that red dodge pickup parked over there” that sort of set the casual tone for the rest of the event lol.

Next month it will be 50 years ago that we were married in a Quaker Meeting. As we were married “under the care of the meeting” we had to meet with overseers from the meeting to guide us along the correct path. I’ll never forget the advice I was given to always be positive, and say things like “that was the best breakfast I had all day!”

wed74.jpg

Yup that’s the younger version of the old bald guy in Drew’s pictures.

/ Good morning!!!! #192,805  
all set to make a nice breakfast when I look out and oh dear
about ten birds sitting on roof of garage, all looking down at my empty bird feeders.
so out I go and fill them all up again, and then got distracted by seeing some low hanging
green beans. So a very fine July 4th veggie pick, my dinner veggies are now confirmed.
nothing better than fresh green beans
and my first yellow squash showed up
I like them little; emotionally scarred for life from childhood ;) carrying ten pound zucchinis to neighbors and having
them say no thank you.....
I particularly like them barbecued

I was thinking a griddle might make cooking those veggies easier

my first icebox watermelon is taking shape. The rabbits are likely to get it before me...
is this attachment manager:reuse new? I could only paste pics, not append. Operator error I'm sure

IMG_3205[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3189[1].JPG
    IMG_3189[1].JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
   / Good morning!!!! #192,806  
Next month it will be 50 years ago that we were married in a Quaker Meeting. As we were married “under the care of the meeting” we had to meet with overseers from the meeting to guide us along the correct path. I’ll never forget the advice I was given to always be positive, and say things like “that was the best breakfast I had all day!”

View attachment 878562

Yup that’s the younger version of the old bald guy in Drew’s pictures.
Great post.
When wife I and got married we went thru a class with a Catholic priest. She was Catholic I am Lutheran. What I remember most about those meetings. Was mixed religion marriages do not work. We worked at proving him wrong for 57 years. Miss her a lot.

/ Good morning!!!! #192,807  
Great picture Ron, and Happy Birthday America!

I heard a little 4th of July history on the radio yesterday. Leading up to the Revolutionary War, 1/3 of the Colonists wanted to stay living under British rule, 1/3 wanted to stay under their rule but try to negotiate changes, and 1/3 said "let's break away!" Learning that gave a little more comfort about the daily disagreements I see. Maybe things have not changed as much as it seems.

Yesterday I finally solved the broken motorhome generator. Only now do I know that in 2021, Cummins Onan had a defective batch of fuel pumps. Mine was one of them. At some point, the diaphragm will disintegrate, sending small pieces of plastic material into the carburetor. I tried cleaning the old carburetor but it is designed for "replacement," not repair. So what fixed it was a new $300 fuel pump and new $629 carburetor. Wasn't happy spending nearly $1,000 on a two year old generator but was very happy to hear it purring.

Should exceed 100F today-- yikes.

Everyone have a great 4th of July !!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #192,808  
Good Morning! Happy 4th of July! I don't understand how the temperature can rise from 78˚ to 80˚ before sunrise but it does. Heading to the upper 90s today with heat index up to 106.

keypad lock installation did not go smoothly even with the locksmith, Amazon sent one with faulty electronics so he only got to install one of the two. I sent back the defective one and should get the replacement by Monday and can install it myself after watching him get the tricky door knob off.

Have to do a trip to HD to get hangers for the pictures, then have 2 bricks to replace on the driveway and front walkway. Then mow the yard and pool plunge. Some friends are coming this evening to play cards.

Happy Anniversary NHBX!!

Popgadget are you having big plans for your 50th next month? We are 10 months behind you.

/ Good morning!!!! #192,809  
Popgadget, did you get the giant scroll signed by everyone in the room when you got married?
Witnesses as we say.
I married a Quaker the first time, and that sure didn't work out, though nothing to do with faith.
Second and third wives were Catholics but never went to church except on holidays or taking their mothers...
sometimes we get lucky and all the stars align, and folks can get older and change/adjust with each other.
It's always a work in progress.
Yesterday I finally solved the broken motorhome generator. Only now do I know that in 2021, Cummins Onan had a defective batch of fuel pumps. Mine was one of them. At some point, the diaphragm will disintegrate, sending small pieces of plastic material into the carburetor. I tried cleaning the old carburetor but it is designed for "replacement," not repair. So what fixed it was a new $300 fuel pump and new $629 carburetor. Wasn't happy spending nearly $1,000 on a two year old generator but was very happy to hear it purring.
hmmmmm
which model do you have Plowhog? Mine is a 2019.
was there a recall?
I have the 4kw.

I hardly ever use my gen but am sure I will need it on my big trip.
I ran it for five minutes a few days ago and then put a/c on for five minutes, just testing.
later when I went down to work on gen, change oil, etc, I smelled hot wires. Never a good smell.
I need to do that test with the a/c running again.
I'm no fan of hot wires.
They soon turn into toasters.
Going to take my IR heat gun out and see what it shows.

/ Good morning!!!! #192,810  
Good Morning!!!! 79F @ 5:15AM. Sunny. Hot. High around 110F. Winds light and variable.
The ten day is calling for highs over 110F until Monday, when it still stays over 100F for the duration. And of course, no rain. Ugh.

Happy Birthday Uncle Sam!

Yesterday was spent loading more stuff into the van and trailer, pretty much filling the trailer. All that's left in the house and garage are tools and supplies for the little fixit jobs, a couch, a bed, a portable table, a couple folding chairs, and an office chair. Less than one van load, which was the objective of the day's activities. Somehow I even managed a siesta mid-afternoon; I just couldn't bring myself to go back outside at 109F.

Before loading the van I was reminded of the six boxes of broken up concrete step I brought back from down south, so carefully placed the pieces over the exposed portions of water lines that run up to the big water tank on the hill. Last winter's heavy rains had exposed ten or so feet of them.

The infrared map of the Thompson fire shows no heat on the south side toward the city of Oroville and only small areas of heat on the north side toward the wildflower fields of Table Mountain. Well done, CalFire. Somehow two new fires were started a bit south of Oroville, one of them in the ever on fire Swede's Flat area. It seems like that place has a new fire every week.

It's getting light so I need to get moving. I'm hoping to get to the coast before the heat of the day hits.

Hang in there, gang, Friday's comin'!