Good morning!!!!

MoKelly

Jefferson County, Mo, ... about 35 miles out of St
Tractor
Bobcat CT235, Bad Boy z-turn, Suzuki Vinson 500 and F-150
The school kids have figured how to hack a covid test to get a positive test and get out of going to school.

Ha! Kids can be very clever.

Don’t you just love the way they talk in the UK? Bunk school! Way better than ditching school.

MoKelly

mostly_gas

Tractor
in-between tractors
Good evening all. 73F for the start, partly cloudy, moderate breeze. Windy day, clouded up more in afternoon, and high temp was 90F, HI 97F, and DP 69F. Bike ride early in morning, redid handlebar tape on left bar, couple minor adjustments on bike, Could not talk myself into walking the trimmer. All of a sudden rain in forecast for tomorrow, was going to mow after ride.
Covid update: Cooke 3245 confirmed cases, 12 active cases, Montague 1803 confirmed cases, 12 active cases, Grayson, 11374 confirmed cases, 43 active cases.
Ron got a lot accomplished yesterday. Hope you enjoyed your unplanned day. nice flowers
Billy hope no damage from storm
Randy I don't know either on organizing help, 161# is a lot to handle for a residence.
Doug glad you are happy with the car
Eric hope your last session was your last session.
Don thanks for update on the niece with Covid. Any updates on barn roof tin?
RNG good to hear soft start kit is doing what you need. How many large electric motors do you have? Sorry about camping delay.
Ken nice pics
Drew glad 1st mow went well :)
PJ sorry about not finishing the mowing, maybe rain will be late?
Dennis since I don't rub it in when I am right the wife manages not when she is right :) Thanks for the link to Mustang Sally
David hope shower and taping goes well., as well as H&F
Randy outstanding the delivery went so well.
Randy 2 feet left?
Dennis man that is a lot to pay for gas.
Thomas glad you survived the heat.
David are you finding water in the carb bowel?
Kyle in Missouri those boots were called harness boots, used on the motorcycle
Dennis you would think they coudl find a better place to camp ??
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter, Bird/aging issues/, Billy/skin cancer surgery, David(moss)/remodel/divorce, Buppies cancer surgery, Phil/reflux/wife's eyes,Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Dennis/older brother/son, Grev/wife's eye, Do niece/son/Covid, Bill/DIL home care, Ted/knee recovery, Doug and wife/health issues/nerve and pain/ wife's eyes, Ken/uncle, Drew/tendon healing, David(sadamo)/Sophie's eye surgery,RNG/fire season, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.

sodamo

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS XR4140H (CK30hST recently sold)
As it was something of a drizzly morning we made impromptu decision to go to town. Had noticed a flooring store going out of business and decided we’d check for tile. Surprised to find they had quite a variety of limited stock. Decided on a beige 2x2 mosaic for the floor, including shower. Choose a complimenting 6x24 porcelain with a wood grain for the shower walls. Altogether about $3.50/sf. They will have ready for me to pick up tomorrow.

Also decided to visit Habitat’s Restore. Hadn’t been to the new location. Much better inventory than the old place. Might turn into an expensive visit as Sophie took a liking to a glass topped table. If still available this Thu we get a 15% discount. Worth the wait. And if sold, oh well, just not to be. Hard to describe, very unique so will post pic if we get it.

$5 Friday at Safeway. We brought sushi home for lunch.

Pressure tested plumbing about an hour 🤙
Sealed up the walls and thinsetted joints and screws. Out of practice, mixed up way too much and had to dump remaining.

Talked myself out of pulling the carb on the Craftsman. Maybe tomorrow?

Time for a cold one.

mostly_gas

Tractor
in-between tractors
Good evening all.Forgot to click post yesterday so it is a twofer tonight :) 75F for the start, overcast, moderate breeze. Windy again today, rain in morning, .2 in rain gauge. Hot and muggy this afternoon, 94F, HI 104F, and DP 72F. Trip to town to run errands during rain, the bike ride after lunch then short nap before dinner date with wife.
Covid update: Cooke 3247 confirmed cases, 14 active cases, Montague 1804 confirmed cases, 12 active cases, Grayson, 11538 confirmed cases, 48 active cases.
John welcome back, healthy price increase on filters. Sorry about people challenges.
Drew glad they are not charging you extra cause you are an ex :)
RS Hope your day went well.
Ron hope you found some help. Pretty lily sorry you lost most of them.
Buppies sorry paver still in shop.
Thomas hope you weren't late for date night
Billy depends on whether or not you paid by hour or grease fitting done :)
Ken glad you are done planting for a while. good job on fawn, nice pic
Paul hope you did not get water all over the place from defrost. hope Martha vineyard trip went well.
PJ sorry about no mow today, sorry about turmoil from storms. One of my shop manuals from Kawasaki was a Great Britain English translation. Now that was interesting :)
RNG hope Dixie moves north, and you get a good inspection on water pipes.
Randy hope sale goes well
David good news for guys, hope plumbing test ok, and you can get a tile you like.
RNG looks like a sifi movie creature :)
Thomas nice pics
Drew sorry they changed their minds on the plywood.
Don thanks for the links.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter, Bird/aging issues/, Billy/skin cancer surgery, David(moss)/remodel/divorce, Buppies cancer surgery, Phil/reflux/wife's eyes,Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Dennis/older brother/son, Grev/wife's eye, Do niece/son/Covid, Bill/DIL home care, Ted/knee recovery, Doug and wife/health issues/nerve and pain/ wife's eyes, Ken/uncle, Drew/tendon healing, David(sadamo)/Sophie's eye surgery,RNG/fire season, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.

buckeyefarmer

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940 L5030 MF205-4
Good evening all.Forgot to click post yesterday so it is a twofer tonight :)

Thought I was seeing double.

My son is at St Louis bball game tonight, college alumni get together. He ran thru a bunch of rain on the way, up before PJs neck of the woods.

Lots oh rain here tonight. 70% tomorrow. Might not get hydro changed, as I need to do it outside.

two_bit_score

Texas - from the brush and pear to the piney woods
Tractor
John Deere 110 TLB, Diamond C 19LPX GN trailer
In Santa Monica it’s mostly clear and 66 degrees this evening.

In East Texas it’s 79 and clear. Good chances of rain forecast for M-Th next week. Time to get some fertilizer down.

In Central Texas it’s 82 and clear.

Beautiful, nice wonderful weather lately!

Looking forward to attending some of the Texas & Southwestern Cattle Raisers Convention in Ft. Worth next weekend. After not having a convention in person last year it will be good to get back to it. Might even get into some rain on the trip.

Eric Salop

Elite Member
Tractor
Ferguson TEF20, Iseki TG6495
Walked the fields this morning wearing only a thin shirt and was glad to keep pausing in shade under the trees to cool down. Summer has arrived at last.

Yesterday evening on my way back from collecting the bin from the roadside, I noticed in the distance some people far away from the footpath. What were they up to ? I got the keys to the old Subaru and drove over to find out. There were 3 men and one young lad, none had seen me arrive until I drove into the field and that is when I noticed that two men were holding long barreled guns . S!#*

Before I could reach them I had to drive down a small dip and and expected that if they were poachers they would be gone by the time I was up the other side. Instead they were frozen to the spot with barrels pointed away from me. Three beer cans were lined on a gate post and I realised the guns were old air rifles, so I felt a lot easier and got out of the car. Trespass with a firearm (which in the UK includes air rifles) is a criminal offence that could get them into serious trouble and I made sure they were aware of that. They seemed more than a little fearful that an armed response police team were about to descend on them.
It turned out they were locals who used to roam these fields when they were kids and wanted to show the young lad where they used to camp and what they did. I learned a bit of local history from them and as they started to put the rifles back into gunslips, I told them to let the lad shoot the cans off the gate first. After that they left with no trouble, what could have been an ugly confrontation ended well.

Grandkids coming today, I best sneak in an early nap in preparation. Must check if the older one knows how to bunk off school using lemon juice.

Alien

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
How can you make a post like that without PICTURES, Doug? :oops: :ROFLMAO:👍
LOL sorry about that. I will take a couple of pics tomorrow, dark here now. I was just sitting in it going over all the gadgets. (similar to the Ranger) and my wife joined me to get a run-through too. She reckons she could drive it easier than the Ranger. She hasn't even had a ride in it yet as I have been using the Ranger for messages. I actually took the old Honda shopping this morning as that is what we are keeping it for. Still a nice car to drive. Just showing her age a bit.
We got our first Covid shots yesterday. Lucky enough to get the Pfizer. Both our shoulders are pretty tender today but no side effects as such.
My grand-daughter and her partner are coming tomorrow. He is a plumber and we need work done before we carry out major renovations. Hard to get any tradesman nowadays. I got a quote for a shed yesterday and he said it would be at least Feb 2022 before they could look at it. Lots of shed companies here so I will look around further.
Had to go to the city today to buy Lesley a new TV for the bedroom. She hasn't been real good lately so has been resting up so she can watch movies etc while she rests. Also bought a very neat little car vacuum cleaner for myself.
Till Tomoz, good night.

Not a very good pic but you can see why I am desperate for a new shed.

IMG_2063.JPG

Last edited:

daugen

Super Star Member
Tractor
in between now
good morning all
Going to be a hot stormy one today, flood watch already posted for heavy rain this afternoon and tonight.
Fine with me, less watering time, but it appears not good for my four new butterfly bushes. Seems I planted them too close to a water
drainage ditch and with some of these downpours the ditch floods and the bushes are getting overwatered. Yellow leaves on bottom and unhappy
looking. I may have to move them over five feet.

David, sounds like you had a very productive shopping trip and a score on the tile.
Doug, with my car sitting outside at the moment, I'm envious of your shed...at least it keeps the bird poop and sun off.
I looked at that picture and thought it might be a good idea to put a 4x4 or some block down on the floor to prevent your truck
from reversing too far. That would not be good. Two nice looking Fords.

Full day ahead, thought I'd be washing the car but mother nature seems intent on doing that.
So I'll work outside this morning before it rains and then this afternoon hang that water filter backer board in the basement.
I have to move some shelving and get things situated there first. Then predrill the holes and use my makita cordless drill on hammer setting
to drive in the 2 inch long 1/4 inch masonry cap screws. The water filter housings come with all the hardware to mount them to the board and that I'll let
the expensive plumber do.

Drew sorry they changed their minds on the plywood. I had to laugh at that, owner simply forgot what he told me before, particularly since
I was taking a little bag of local peaches for them. I figured I'd trade the peaches for the "free" remnant. Not to be.

73 out already, going up to 93. With those kinds of temps, storms this afternoon likely to be severe.
Have a nice weekend

RoyJackson

Epic Contributor
Tractor
John Deere 4052R Cab,, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements
2021-07-17, 0508 (and a bit later due to editing)

64 right now...high about 70° and a rainy day...

Dump run is about it today....no other chores planned or expected. Probably a beer and movie day today. Considering the rainy forecast over the next several days, doubt there will be any outdoors's work.

Rough week...apparently I have COPD and breathing was rather difficult this week. In fact, I've been in the hospital (2 days in Gifford (Randolph VT) and 2½ days in Dartmouth-Hitchcock (Lebanon NH) almost the entire week.
You can look up the symptoms, if you wish...

While I was in the hospital, my neighbor pulled the Deere zero-turn in to the garage. I have 4 neighbors on this cul-de-sac...3 of the 4 (including me) own Deere ZTRs. I also asked him to move the 4052, but wifey wanted the tractor left exactly where it was....easier to keep an eye on it. After the dump run, I'll move it.

Paid a number of bills last night...one or two were overdue (very unusual for me), but no late charges. Since I had no access to a computer (other than the work laptop), I had no way to pay the bills or access to the required passwords

Last edited:

ronjhall

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota 2910 HST
Drinking first cup of coffee. 63° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 79° with sunshine in afternoon. Got another 1.05" of rain yesterday. Need to change house water filters today. Neighbor is having a surprise 70th birthday party for husband this afternoon. Should be good weather for it.
Red sky is a good sign of bad weather.
jv6lLMH.jpg

Roy, hope you are feeling better soon.

Drew, how is your arm doing working over head.

David, hope you enough tile to complete project. Buying closeout stuff always makes me worry about having enough to complete project.

RNG, good you got soft start working.

Randy, glad awning got delivered without and problems.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.

Alien

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
Daugen, the reverse camera is absolutely superb on those. I can even see the towball on the truck when reversing so I can go to around an inch from the wall. (Wall will be replaced soon anyway lol)

RoyJackson

Epic Contributor
Tractor
John Deere 4052R Cab,, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements
Forgot to mention this in my previous post...

I got so many damned needles stuck in both arms last week, I'm bruised all to hell from wrist to elbow (both arms).

I'll be packing up the truck in a bit (2 trash bags, some recycled cardboard) and try to beat today's rain.

Too late!!
Steady rain coming down...only 2 bags and that can wait until next week. As far as the cardboard, I'll put that in the dumpster at work over the next few days...

Last edited:

daugen

Super Star Member
Tractor
in between now
Doug, I figured you probably had a camera and a lot of annoying beeps too.
I'm just a belt and suspenders guy. Something about a solid block that is "final".
Like if you were in reverse and your foot slipped off the brake.
Those cameras are getting better all the time. The 360 one in my car is super helpful backing out of
parking spots at supermarket. Drew

Drew, how is your arm doing working over head.

Ron, I don't know...haven't done any yet, trying to work my way to that. When I mowed yesterday I used the left arm
equally with the right, and keeping arm at mid level had no problem. But yeah, I just "tested" it by lifting my arm straight up and best
I can get is about 45 degrees, can't point up straight up yet.
Job security for Helga The Torturer.
No stabbing pains in several days though, that's a big improvement.

Which meant it was time to call the back surgeon, which I did, and said sorry for delay but I sure was distracted.
I just could not get in an mri or get major surgery with my shoulder like that. Have a consult with him at Rothman
next week. Am way overdue on this, back operation was scheduled last year when I got sick. Every time I get in the car I worry about it
as the main spinal nerve is severely "impinged" upon and I was told I was higher risk for paraplegia if I got in a bad car accident. So needless to say
I try to drive safely. My original neck surgeon actually told me to buy a Volvo.

I'd rather think about potatoes. I'm supposed to be digging some up this morning with neighboring kids but don't think they will show up.

Buppies

Tractor
Kubota L5240 Toro 60inch Z Master 21 inch walk behind Polaris 900 hunter edition 30in toro walk behind
Roy sorry for the health scare hope things improve soon

Heavy rain this afternoon storms etc. hope no damage done

Case skid loader still in shop waiting on parts Ram 4500 in shop waiting parts along with pave this is a familiar sound too it parts parts parts. Going to get worse before it gets better

Prayers for all

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.

Dump run is about it today....no other chores planned or expected. Probably a beer and movie day today. Considering the rainy forecast over the next several days, doubt there will be any outdoors's work.

Rough week...apparently I have COPD and breathing was rather difficult this week. In fact, I've been in the hospital (2 days in Gifford (Randolph VT) and 2½ days in Dartmouth-Hitchcock (Lebanon NH) almost the entire week.

While I was in the hospital, my neighbor pulled the Deere zero-turn in to the garage. I have 4 neighbors on this cul-de-sac...3 of the 4 (including me) own Deere ZTRs. I also asked him to move the 4052, but wifey wanted the tractor left exactly where it was....easier to keep an eye on it. After the dump run, I'll move it.

Paid a number of bills last night...one or two were overdue (very unusual for me), but no late charges. Since I had no access to a computer (other than the work laptop), I had no way to pay the bills or access to the required passwords
That was heck of week you put in Roy :eek: I notice your GM posting were lacking thinking hmmm that's odd,indeed take it real easy.

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
64F eves are dripping steady rain soon for the rest of the day low 70's for high.

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Plans for today...dump run,fuel for pickup,check game cams other than that take day as it comes.

Enjoy your day all.

buckeyefarmer

Super Star Member
Tractor
Roy, get well.

Buppies, hope parts come in soon.

Rich B1

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC21D
Good morning! 69 now, 75 later with possibility of more ran. Which we don’t need. Ground is saturated, we are under a flood warning. Fortunately, we live on a hill.

Had a heavy rain on the way home last night. Barn was flooded from run off, driveway is a mess. Power was out for a couple of hours. Fired up the larger of the 2 generators so we could use the microwave. Have not been paying attention to it like I should, started on the first pull (y). That made me happy.

Ground is likely too wet to mow, garden is too wet to get rid of weeds. So gonna work on the trailer today. Have to raise it up to install wheel chocks.

Take care Roy.

Been a crazy week at work. Have 1 guy off after a serious SXS accident, people traveling, and had a new person start this week. I am “supposed” to train him, but I was the only one answering calls most of the week again. Thursday was the worst day. So little to no training occurred 🤦‍♂️

better get moving.

Everyone stay safe out there

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
Yes - it truly is. For a change, it's 55F and no smoke. Projected to top out at 81F today. I hope this will help those fighting the fires.

toppop52

Super Star Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1723, Cub Cadet 1864

Roy, sorry you’ve been sick, I hope you feel better.

toppop52

Super Star Member
Tractor
85 already at 8:45. Our thunderstorms are supposed hit between 8-9 PM, so another hot humid day in store.
The yard sale is going strong, it was scheduled to start at 7, people were here at 6. The more they get rid of the less I have to take to the shelters. They have six 8’ tables and three 6’ tables full, as well as four tarps and a bunch of stuff sitting on the ground. My contribution was hauling stuff to the front yard on the trailers last night, and cooking breakfast this morning. They all seem happy as clams, and since they’re leaving me out of it, so am I.
Cruise in later today, it’s going to be hot.

Have a good day.

RedNeckGeek

Tractor
Kubota M62, Kubota L3240D HST (SOLD!), Kubota RTV900
Good Morning!!!! 70F @ 5:30AM. Abundant sunshine. High 102F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
A Fire Weather Watch starts tomorrow afternoon for dry lightning. Highest likelihood is over the Dixie Fire. As if the fire fighters don't have enough on their plate already. There was another new start in Alpine County east and south of here at the little town of Markleeville. There's a state run hotspring and campground there I've been to many times, and I hope they were able to protect it. It along with the town were evacuated yesterday, and the size is over 5000 acres already.

I don't know where the monitoring station is that Weather Underground is using for the hourly forecasts for my location, but it's not close by. WU is showing winds out of the ESE, the Davis is showing them out of the NE, same as the fire map. They've been out of the northeast since about 10PM last night. That's why the air is full of smoke, enough to rate a "Hazardous for healthy people" rating from the EPA. They'll swing around and come out of the south around 10 this morning, when things start warming up, and the air will clear up. The canyon makes its own weather. I hope the new fire incident management team understands that; they just took over calling the shots of the Dixie Fire yesterday. Now we're gonna get a video briefing each evening. Last night they told us the fire gained another 1500 acres yesterday, bringing the total to 8754 acres; wonder what it'll be this morning. They've managed to stop the spread on the south and western perimeter, all the growth is to the north. That's lightly populated National Forest, so not many worries about losing more homes. But if the winds change and start coming hard out of the northeast, that fresh fuel will loop around and come back south into the communities of Forest Hill, Sterling City, Magalia, and then Paradise again. And I'm next after that.

When you say "shed" Doug, would that mean closing in where your vehicles are parked, making it into more of what we'd call a garage? Hope you can find a reliable contractor to help you.

Pressurized the water lines yesterday, and after giving the hose clamps another good tightening, they seem to be holding. The kink I thought would leak doesn't seem to be leaking, so that's a small blessing. I'll be filling the first six or so inches of the trench with sand, and even with that cover, I'm nervous about pushing all that rock back in. There's a small chance a bigger rock could still cause a puncture, but mostly my experience is that every time I throw rocks back into a trench, at some point in the future I end up digging them out again. So I'm thinking I should try to find some clean fill dirt and get it hauled in, and use that instead.

Found some info that said using CAT5 cable for telephone lines works just fine, and since the phone only needs two of the eight wires, I'll use two of those to open the gate. Power Over Ethernet uses all eight wires, so that means two CAT5 cables up to the cul-de-sac and gate so I can get video up there. Ordered that yesterday.

Was toying with the idea of catching up with the campers tonight, but I just don't trust this fire. Couldn't relax and enjoy myself if I'm worrying about the house, so I'm staying home. It's not like I don't have enough here to keep me busy, anyway.

Hope everyone enjoys a nice weekend!

daugen

Super Star Member
Tractor
in between now
had fun digging up some red potatoes, will leave the rest in for awhile.
Lots of tomatoes growing; I have pruned leaves off the bottom of the tomato plants
as suggested by youtube videos. Time to feed the tomato and not the foliage.

Attachments

• IMG_0193[2].JPG
    IMG_0193[2].JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0195[1].JPG
    IMG_0195[1].JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 28
  • tomatoes July 2021.jpg
    tomatoes July 2021.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25

daugen

Super Star Member
Tractor
in between now
I think it's a thistle but every time I pull one out with my bare hands I feel like I grabbed on to a jellyfish.
Immediate stinging all over hand that still has some residual an hour later. Must be some kind of organic toxin in the plant
but I sure won't grab it barehanded again. Mother nature's defense works. However...I have gloves, if I remember to use them.

rswyan

Tractor
Kubota B2910, Cub Cadet Pro Z 154S, Simplicity 18 CFC, Cub Cadet 782
70F with a steady rain @ 10:00 that is approaching hard, high today is supposed to be 74F. Ten Day now showing next five days will have around 25% (or less) chance of rain ... (y)

Bug bite on inside of leg next to my knee, unusual ... itches like mad.

Got curl cylinder torn apart and new seals installed on the gland nut and piston.

Piston has been the freezer overnight with a hose clamp on it to compress the primary seal down so there are no issues installing it back in the cylinder tube. Seal gets pretty stretched out after dropping it in boiling hydraulic oil and jamming it over the piston into its slot.

Just have to install one o-ring and the piston on the rod and then the retaining nut with some Loctite Blue Threadlocker and once that sets up it can be reassembled. Need to remember to put some anti-seize on gland nut threads.

Rain is supposed to end by 15:00 ... so might even get it put back on the tractor yet today.

Major service is due on the Kubota in another 60 hours or so, I'll probably hold off on replacing the rest of the loader hoses until then.

In the meantime, hopper feeder is probably due to be filled again and I'm sure the bluebirds would appreciate some mealworms. Also fish need fed.

Woman sent me this picture yesterday morning ... apparently was hoping he/she was at the live breakfast bar:

IMG_1627 copy.jpg

Later when I went up to shop it was sitting on the roof. Flew over to the big maple and screamed at me for interrupting its hunting I guess:

IMG_1217 copy.jpg

Hope everyone has an enjoyable Saturday ... (y)

rswyan

Tractor
Kubota B2910, Cub Cadet Pro Z 154S, Simplicity 18 CFC, Cub Cadet 782
Roy,

Sorry to hear about the rough week.

COPD sucks.

sodamo

Super Star Member
Tractor
69°F and .17 inches rain.

Have to go to Hilo this morning to pick up the tile I bought.

Will start taping and muddying drywall after I return. Not one of my favorite jobs and always goes slower than I like.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

Alien

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
Forgot to mention this in my previous post...

I got so many damned needles stuck in both arms last week, I'm bruised all to hell from wrist to elbow (both arms).

I'll be packing up the truck in a bit (2 trash bags, some recycled cardboard) and try to beat today's rain.

Too late!!
Steady rain coming down...only 2 bags and that can wait until next week. As far as the cardboard, I'll put that in the dumpster at work over the next few days...
Roy, you should be careful lifting stuff when your arms are badly bruised. Hope you recover soon mate.

sodamo

Super Star Member
Tractor
Hope you are feeling better, Roy

As for bill payment. Over the years, Sophie has pretty much removed herself from that function and with just a couple exceptions I do completely online, paying in full every month, but I have had a miss or two. My solution was to activate the automatic, minimum payment due. Now, I don’t miss and in event I pre decease Sophie, everything is paid while she adjusts. Of course I do have the advantage that those payments are linked to accounts that get automatic deposits.

Alien

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
Redneckgeek

A shed or Garage with 3 large double bays and roller doors. Not exactly sure what design yet but I also want a workshop and entertainment area incorporated. It won't be where the cars are now. There is a paddock at the north end of the house where I plan to put it. The area where the cars are now will be paved or concreted with the renovations planned.

toppop52

Super Star Member
Tractor
Yard sale was a major success, sold either $1000 or $995, depending on who’s count you believe. Sold a bit over half and took the rest to HALO, Hope And Life Outreach. Some young moms are gonna get some nice baby equipment and toys.
It was hotter than a whore’s heartbreak out there. At least I have my tractor shed and garage back.
Cruise in tonight, dropped of the club trailer and came home to get cleaned up and cooled off.

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Case skid loader still in shop waiting on parts Ram 4500 in shop waiting parts along with pave this is a familiar sound too it parts parts parts. Going to get worse before it gets better
Seems the working man starting to pay heavy price.

txdon

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 3032E
Good afternoon! 92˚F (HI 98). We have had 20 days of below normal temps, it's staying out of the hundreds.

Randy good haul on the garage/lawn sale.
Roy get healthy.

Mostly the roof did not blow off the barn like I initially thought, the wall blew off - one piece of tin siding was 600 yards away. I got half the wall up (lower 10') last trip. Now I need a ladder for the top half of the wall 10-15' up. At least the calves cannot get in now with the bottom complete. The top half might have to wait till cooler weather or I will hire a cousin that lives down the street.

I think I'll mow my front yard when the sun goes down a bit more. The water valve extension cover job was quick and easy and I gave my neighbor the grass I dug up to put in his puppy dig hole.

Kyle, Brookshire Bros in Giddings now delivers groceries. My Mom can get on their extended route and get her groceries delivered for a $20 fee. I don't know if she will use it because I get out there about 3-4 times a month. But finally there is an option. With climate change you never know when I will be snowed in for weeks.

Popgadget

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L6060
Good Afternoon
It’s about 75 outside now with a high just over 90 earlier.
We’ve gotten about a half inch of rain in a string of thunderstorms, the majority of which missed us. The lighting detection on the Tempest works great, and has been very active all day.

First thing this morning we moved an airplane back to NE Philadelphia airport where we keep them hangared. The airport was closed for 11 days, it was supposed to be 14, but they got it open ahead of schedule. They’re rebuilding one of the runways, and got to where they crossed, so they had to shut down the airport. At any rate got that done long before the thunderstorms sprang to life.
Son recruited me to help put an access hole in the floor of his ski boat to tighten the ski pylon. It was a composite floor, so we made a template and cut it out with a router so the prefab cover was a perfect fit. Another job where the setup up took three times as long as the job itself.

Kyle_in_Tex

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 4310,JD5420
Roy, hope you get to feeling better. Hospital no fun and NO rest. Sorry about the needles.

We have a friend who tested positive. Never had the vaccines. Been around hundreds of people and kids. Achy shoulders/neck/arms.
My wife and I have been too busy at the tennis facility. Lots of business and lots of associated issues. People issues are the worst. We pay $15/hr for people to sit at the front desk and sell snacks, beverages and collect court fees. That’s $30,000 per year. Apparently, in today’s environment, that is not enough to motivate anyone. Oh well.

MoKelly
I saw a meme pic of a sign that said: Need Help, Ok for long haired freaky people to apply.

Glad we have Eric to translate for us, the UK versions. Eric, glad the trespassers did not cause damage. Glad it was only air guns. I guess they would have to go to a shooting range to shoot? Or their own land?

We got back from Fort Worth area a few hours ago. Was a really good visit with family. Did not like the white knuckle freeway traffic Thursday pm rush hour.

Watching the motocross races from earlier today on Peacock channel. Millville Spring creek nationals. Some really good racing at a track the pro's really like.

Good to be back home.

Hot and humid. Might be a couch potato the rest of today...

Prayers for our team, and our country.

buckeyefarmer

Super Star Member
Tractor
Back home from dad’s. Rain and heavy storms on way. None at home, until I got trailer unhooked and just came in, and it poured. 1” in a few minutes.

Was very humid at dad’s this morning. Got the hydraulic fluid and filters changed , way overdue. Was easier than I thought. Bought 2 big plastic totes to drain fluid into. Book says 4 plugs, only found 3. Called the dealer, he said 3. Put in over 11 gal, book says 11.9 gal.
Wrote up instructions for using the riding mower, it’s a little finicky starting, but runs well once started.
Started raining there as I finished.

Saw that a loader bolt was over 1” out of it’s hole. thightened them all, all were loose a little.

When I removed the main hydraulic filter, 2 small orings were inside. No idea what they were from. View attachment 706183

Last edited:

ronjhall

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota 2910 HST
Coffee taste very good this morning. 55° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 84° with lots of sunshine. Got house water filters changed yesterday. Did some sump pump repairs while at doing filter change. Bracket that supports float had rusted off. Made a new one and installed. Neighbors surprise birthday party went very well. Party continues today. Wife's birthday is today. I will be joining them for the celebration. No other plans for today.
Little turkeys are growing.
txf9i5p.jpg

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.

daugen

Super Star Member
Tractor
in between now
good morning all
rain finally finished, 1.44 inches total
lot of fire sirens last night and this morning, curious to find out what went on last night.
Another truck just left the substation near me with lights and sirens so local firemen are not sleeping in.

off to church this morning and then dinner tonight at inlaws. My ancient MIL is finally going into a retirement home and this is the family
get together where the out of town sister, my late wife's younger sister, has come to town to get what she can get. She's a taker and not a giver and not
my favorite person. I'm sure there are squabbles as to who gets what, the remaining two siblings do not get along and I sure want no part of their drama.
I made a promise to my wife on her proverbial death bed to look after her mother and I'm still trying to do it. Will be greatly relieved when she gets into a
community with folks to look after her.

Roy, hope you are feeling better this morning.

let's all be thankful for what we have

Buppies

Tractor
Kubota L5240 Toro 60inch Z Master 21 inch walk behind Polaris 900 hunter edition 30in toro walk behind
Beautiful car alien

70 high of 80 today all storms missed us

Doe and new fawns new residents here

prayers for all

wngsprd

Tractor
Kubota L3130 DT
70 going to 88. Storms missed us, too.

Alien, love your car and color. When are you going to get the steering wheel fixed? 😁

Ron, we haven't seen any poults around here this year. Nice pic.

Had a good time with MIL visiting over night, and son and DIL coming over for dinner. My wife took MIL to get a blue light treatment on Friday. Her face is really red now.

BEF and Kyle, glad you got home safely.

Bird

Epic Contributor
So what is the purpose of that windmill? Just for looks? I don't see any sucker rod, so I'm sure it isn't pumping water. When I was a kid, our windmill did not have any oil to change or add to in a gearbox. But the wind turning it caused the sucker rod to come unscrewed a couple of times, and it was a real job for a 12 to 14 old kid (me) to climb up there and lift it, screw it back together and hook it up again.