Good morning!!!!

RoyJackson

Epic Contributor
Tractor
John Deere 4052R Cab,, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements
2021-07-18, 0748

60° right now...high in the upper 60's and rain this morning, tapering off to showers this afternoon. Love this rain!! The aquifer ought to be filling quite well. And, when one has a well...and lives with 2 women, a full aquifer is a happy aquifer!

Feeling OK...bit stuffy...
This COPD isn't going to get better...best can be done is control it. I'll be going to the doctor's this week and there are inhalers that help (wife's been on inhalers since her heart valve replacement...they're used as needed, not constantly).

The internet isn't working too good this morning. I do want to check my bank account to see if I got the funds returned for those headphones I returned. Standard old sound attenuators ("Mickey Mouse" ears) do the job fine....no batteries, only adjustment is to fit over a ball cap...

Nope, no funds returned yet, but they're working in it...
Drew, are you returning yours?

Last edited:

txdon

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 3032E
So what is the purpose of that windmill? Just for looks? I don't see any sucker rod, so I'm sure it isn't pumping water. When I was a kid, our windmill did not have any oil to change or add to in a gearbox. But the wind turning it caused the sucker rod to come unscrewed a couple of times, and it was a real job for a 12 to 14 old kid (me) to climb up there and lift it, screw it back together and hook it up again.
We have an electric pump and well house for irrigation at the gardens. We also have a city water connection for emergencies.
The windmill just tells us the direction and intensity of the wind, and for looks and sounds at the entry.
Most older windmill's manuals require oil change out once a year. They have been doing the yearly maintenance long before I got here.

Aermotor Windmill Maintenance | Rock Ridge Windmills

"An old windmiller once told me that an easy way to remember to change the oil is to send your wife up the tower each year on her birthday to service the windmill. Back in the “good old days,” the Aermotor Windmill company gave you a double-sided card to hang on your barn wall to record the oil changes."

Good morning! 74˚F heading to the mid 90s, mostly clear skies with a few high light clouds.

Last edited:

RedNeckGeek

Tractor
Kubota M62, Kubota L3240D HST (SOLD!), Kubota RTV900
Good Morning!!!! 75F @ 4:45AM. Sunny to partly cloudy. High 104F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Looks like we're starting off with Very Unhealthy air this morning, the third day in a row for it. The Dixie Fire is now up to 13,482 acres, burning through brush and trees that haven't burned for hundreds of years, so the fuel load in that area is immense. That said, the infrared map isn't showing any current fire, confusing to say the least. It sounded like the soundtrack for Apocalypse Now all day yesterday, with heavy helicopter traffic in and out of Chico's airport, and coming up the valley from McClellan AFB for the Very Large Air Tankers. No press conference yesterday morning or evening, not a good start for the new management team.

Nice car, Doug. It's amazing what they're doing with paint right from the factory now. We should start a pool on when you get your first speeding ticket; that arrest-me-red is sure to draw a lot of the wrong kind of attention!

Very successful brood for that hen, Ron. Hope it stays that way.

Mostly inside day due to the smoke yesterday, but I did manage to get six rolls of flexible PVC electrical conduit unrolled out on the hillside so it'll be easier to work with. Need to check the two water lines to see if they're still holding pressure. The smaller of the two seemed like it had lost a bit when I looked at it evening before last, but that could have just been the black plastic pipe cooling off as the sun set.

Started looking into Ethernet extension/repeater hardware, and like most electronics these days, there is a wide range of performance and price, and a large number of manufacturers, to choose from. The run from the pump house to the cul-de-sac is about 1400', and Ethernet's maximum range is supposed to be only 100 meters. There's no line-of-site, so doing it with solar powered radios is out.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend.

Last edited:

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.
63F light rain upper 60's for high showers during the day more steady rain over night,good to see stream run for continuous for days now compare to month ago.

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Plans for today...rattle some pots and pans make dinner,putter,doubt very much NASCAE will have the race here in NH....yep laid back day.

Enjoy your day all.

Attachments

• 65.JPG
    65.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 32

Popgadget

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L6060
Started looking into Ethernet extension/repeater hardware, and like most electronics these days, there is a wide range of performance and price, and a large number of manufacturers, to choose from. The run from the pump house to the cul-de-sac is about 1400', and Ethernet's maximum range is supposed to be only 100 meters. There's no line-of-site, so doing it with solar powered radios is out.

How about fiber optic? Unlike a long buried Ethernet cable, it’s totally immune to lightning strikes as well.

Popgadget

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L6060
Good morning,
It’s 73 and going to stay about the same all day. Partly cloudy with little chance of rain after the fog burns off. We got a total of 3/4” of rain yesterday, all in short but heavy showers.

IMG_6863.jpg

Looks like we have a poacher moving in, that’s a heron decoy at the bottom right, doesn’t bother the live one at all.

No speaker work to do, so I guess I’ll have to continue to clean up in the shop until it’s time to make a quick trip to Martha’s Vineyard this afternoon.

RedNeckGeek

Tractor
How about fiber optic? Unlike a long buried Ethernet cable, it’s totally immune to lightning strikes as well.
There's no power at the upper end of the connection, other than a small solar panel and 12VDC battery for the gate opener. The tooling for terminating the fiber cables is also somewhat expensive, as are the testers. I found a couple Power Over Ethernet extender options yesterday that'll get out to 3000', but they're fairly spendy at around $800. I'm hoping for a Chinese knock off at about half of that, with decent reviews.

Last edited:

RedNeckGeek

Tractor
The windmill just tells us the direction and intensity of the wind, and for looks and sounds at the entry.
Most older windmill's manuals require oil change out once a year. They have been doing the yearly maintenance long before I got here.
Surprised not to see any safety harnesses or belts on those two on the man lift, Don. Looks like a looooooooong way down...

Bird

Epic Contributor
txdon said, "Most older windmill's manuals require oil change out once a year. They have been doing the yearly maintenance long before I got here."

I don't recall our windmill ever having an oil change. You don't suppose my memories from 65 years ago could be fading, do you?😀😀 I do seem to recall it sometimes getting to "squealing?" and I had to turn it off and get up there with a little oil squirt bottle to oil it. But I suppose that memory could be a bit wrong, too.😀

RedNeckGeek

Tractor
hummerSmoke.jpg

Really heavy smoke this morning.

Somebody needs to refill the hummer feeders...

dixieCampFireComparison.jpg

Comparison wise, the Dixie Fire is pretty small potatoes compared to the 2018 Camp Fire.

tanker.jpg

That doesn't make the Dixie Fire any less dangerous, though. They're going all out trying to stop it, with almost 1200 firefighters and several of the Very Large Air Tankers, like this DC10, working on it.

Last edited:

txdon

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 3032E
IMG_0265.JPG

Oh, I forgot to post our peek-a-boo friend on Whipper’s walk yesterday evening.

RNG, I also was thinking about safety harnesses.

Bird do you remember the brand name of your Windmill?

Eric Salop

Elite Member
Tractor
Ferguson TEF20, Iseki TG6495
Eric, glad the trespassers did not cause damage. Glad it was only air guns. I guess they would have to go to a shooting range to shoot? Or their own land?

Kyle, outdoor air rifle shooting is a popular sport here, with at least 3 different monthly magazines and 2 very active web sites. It is not too hard to find a "Field Target" club for people who do not have big enough gardens to shoot at home. The uninvited visitors were neither keen shots nor bad people, I just wish they had knocked on my door, explained who they were and asked if they could camp for a night and built up some trust before having any thoughts of shooting on someone else's property.

I know I am very lucky to be in the small minority of people who have their own land. It is something I will never take for granted and I am happy to freely share it with others occasionally, such as those who have asked to fish the pond, a couple who trained their gundog to do water retrieves, or a local birder who wanders far from the public footpath to see rarer birds. The one thing they all have in common is that they all asked nicely first.

I have said "no" to a couple of guys who wanted to come and shoot ducks and in more recent times, the local hunt who traditionally came over this land chasing foxes, although nowadays that is illegal so they follow artificial sent trails. For several years I got the sheep out of the way to allow them to pass through our fields on horseback, but in that time they never once asked if they could help in any way and twice made a mess of wet ground that I had asked them to keep away from. They did send me an invitation to their annual ball - not a freebie though as the letter also stated how much it would cost for the privilege of attending. Now my gates remain padlocked when the hunt are out and I have planted hawthorn where there was once a jump over to the neighbour's land.

Eric Salop

Elite Member
Tractor
Ferguson TEF20, Iseki TG6495
Another cloud free day here. At 28C/82F the heat would be nothing for many of you, for us it is more of a struggle, as we slowly learn to do nothing much except sit in the shade and watch buzzards soar high in the sky.

Actually I am surprised the buzzards and kestrels are able to fly today after gorging themselves yesterday on a banquet of voles served up by the hay cutting. We let Max out in the late afternoon but soon had to lock him indoors again as he just wouldn't stop sneaking away to gulp down yet more sun ripened de-capitated voles.

Don, I wouldn't fancy climbing that ladder, a sure sign I am admitting getting older. Will we see some aerial shots from the cherry picker at the next oil change ?

RoyJackson

Epic Contributor
Tractor
John Deere 4052R Cab,, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements
Boy...for a forecast of "light rain" and "showers", it's coming down steady and a bit more then "light rain"

Looks great and I'm enjoying watching the rain fall...

MoKelly

Jefferson County, Mo, ... about 35 miles out of St
Tractor
Bobcat CT235, Bad Boy z-turn, Suzuki Vinson 500 and F-150
Good morning all. Happy Sunday.

Hopes to be a great day. No rain, high temp 82F.

Church then brunch then a lazy day fiddling in the garden and enjoying the landscape.

This evening both boys will be over for dinner. Just some grilled hamburgers, mixed veggies, fries and pie.

Hope to eat on the screen porch this evening - should be wonderful.

Started “harvesting” lots of stuff from the garden - tomato’s, cucumbers, green and banana peppers, squash and eggplant. Like lots of folks on this site, we get so much we are giving baskets to family and friends.

Stay safe and healthy.

MoKelly

toppop52

Super Star Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1723, Cub Cadet 1864
84 now, they say 86 later but it may well be hotter. We got .71” of rain last night in a fairly brief thunderstorm.
It doesn’t seem we’re getting much benefit from the passage of the cold front, still very humid. We missed church this morning, we were dressed and ready but somehow let the time slip away it was about time for the service when my wife realized it.
Some friends stopped by later for a few minutes. Several do it’s today, then dinner with friends later.
Have a good day.

Bird

Epic Contributor
txdon wrote "Bird do you remember the brand name of your Windmill?"

No idea at all. I know it was there in 1942 and I'm pretty sure it was pre-1940.

Last edited:

sodamo

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS XR4140H (CK30hST recently sold)
68°F and .8 inches rain.

Sophie’s Craftsman back running. Proved to be water in gas again. Tank fully drained. Changed the spark plugs as well. Didn’t pull the carb, just run it thru. Might be time to get some new gas cans.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

buckeyefarmer

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940 L5030 MF205-4
txdon said, "Most older windmill's manuals require oil change out once a year. They have been doing the yearly maintenance long before I got here."

I don't recall our windmill ever having an oil change. You don't suppose my memories from 65 years ago could be fading, do you? I do seem to recall it sometimes getting to "squealing?" and I had to turn it off and get up there with a little oil squirt bottle to oil it. But I suppose that memory could be a bit wrong, too.

I don’t think the one I looked at years ago had an oil gearbox, which is why it was worn out and they put up a new one.
This is the one that replaced the worn one.
IMG_0196.JPG

txdon

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 3032E
Feeling OK...bit stuffy...
This COPD isn't going to get better...best can be done is control it. I'll be going to the doctor's this week and there are inhalers that help (wife's been on inhalers since her heart valve replacement...they're used as needed, not constantly).
I found this study interesting.

"120 COPD patients were randomized into two groups. Half were told to boost their fruit and vegetable consumption, and the other half stayed on their regular diet. The intervention group was told to eat at least one more serving a day of fruits or vegetables. And they did, and they did for three years. More fruit, and more vegetables, than control.

Here’s the control group. Slowly but surely, they got worse. That’s what happens in COPD (emphysema); you get worse, and worse, and then you die.

The group told to eat at least one more measly serving of fruits or vegetables every day started out the same, but didn’t get worse. One year, two years, three years. In fact, if anything, it looks like their lung function got a little better. That’s not supposed to happen; you’re supposed to get worse.

Could be the antioxidant effect of fruits and vegetables; could be the anti-inflammatory effect; or, frankly, it may not directly be the fruits and vegetables at all. When you eat more of one thing, you tend to eat less of another. For example, the addition of fruits and vegetables resulted in a decreased consumption of meat, which is known to be a pro-oxidant.

Either way, though, there is now hope. These findings suggest that a dietary shift to higher-antioxidant food intake may be associated with improvement in lung function. And, in this respect, dietary interventions might be considered in COPD management."

Alien

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
70 going to 88. Storms missed us, too.

Alien, love your car and color. When are you going to get the steering wheel fixed? 😁

Ron, we haven't seen any poults around here this year. Nice pic.

Had a good time with MIL visiting over night, and son and DIL coming over for dinner. My wife took MIL to get a blue light treatment on Friday. Her face is really red now.

BEF and Kyle, glad you got home safely.
Ha ha Steering wheel is OK because we drive backwards here so it's on the 'correct' side then.
We do have a number of imported cars around here, mainly enthusiasts who have left hand drive vehicles. I have driven a fair number of them in the past and didn't have any problems with it. My daughter owned a '66 Mustang for a while and it was LHD. My Kymco 4x4 buggy is LHD and I often climb in the wrong side when using it.

Last edited:

daugen

Super Star Member
Tractor
in between now
all of us with cordless tools will find this interesting.
4ah battery minimum but don't go too big with certain cutting tools.
I have one 2ah and four or five 5ah. I use the smaller battery when using my 1/2 drill drilling into normal wood.
Saves a nice bit of weight.

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.
68F misting forecast for heavier rain early morn.

I'll be out the door early next two mornings help friend make repairs on there get away log cabin which tree fell last week,new half porch roof also replacing 4 metal roof sheets on main roof...generator and battery tools will make this job heck of lot easier. :)

Dinner feet up try find good old movie to watch and hit pillow early.

Enjoy your evening all.

buckeyefarmer

Super Star Member
Tractor
Ha ha Steering wheel is OK because we drive backwards here so it's on the 'correct' side then.
We do have a number of imported cars around here, mainly enthusiasts who have left hand drive vehicles. I have driven a fair number of them in the past and didn't have any problems with it. My daughter owned a '66 Mustang for a while and it was LHD. My Kymco 4x4 buggy is LHD and I often climb in the wrong side when using it.

Do you golf?

Rich B1

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC21D
Good evening! 75 and quite pleasant right now. Was humid earlier, but quite nice now.

lots of seat time today. Came home from grocery shopping and started mowing. Then put box blade on. The driveway was a mess from all of the heavy rains this past week. Actually thought it would take longer, but straightened out fairly quickly. I was surprised. Much better now.

Yesterday was a marathon on the cargo trailer. But it is now mostly functional. Have to install 1 more wheel chock and 1 more E Track. Should be done tomorrow evening.

Everyone stay say out there

sodamo

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS XR4140H (CK30hST recently sold)
Continuation from yesterday. Drained all the gas from the other craftsman mower and my golfcart. That along with the bit I had on hand about 20g. At over $4/g, my 1st thought wasn’t disposal. So a series of transparent gallon jugs and Mr Funnel I set to work. Filtered thru Mr Funnel at least 5 times, the last being back into cleaned and dried storage containers. 2 of the older containers have been retired. At each filtering I was able to check for any phase separation and opted to dispose of the last 1/4 cup or so and the funnel reserve from last pour. Altogether discarded about 2 gal. Let each mower run about 20 minutes from the refilled tank & carb treatment to allow the carbs to clean out. Golfcart carb leaking so will replace as i’m sure it’s messed up inside again. Got lucky just cleaning it last time.

Looking for add on filter with water separation bowl I can place in fuel line before the pump. Might save me from having to do this again.

Started raining just as I was finishing up, so energy conservation remainder of day.

buckeyefarmer

Super Star Member
Tractor
I messed around with the camper, got water in tank and faucets working with no leaks. Looked at starting the awning replacement, but don’t have right sized rivets to put it back together. Ordered some on Amazon.

Alien

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
I'm going shopping while you guys and gals are all sleeping. Wife wants to look at kitchens and all sorts of things that interest ladies. I need a car wheel wash brush, seat covers and some batteries and after watching daugens movie I might get another 5000 mAh battery for my Ryobi gear.
Washed and chamoi dried two cars this morning in the cold air then hopped in the Mustang to try out the heated seats. Very nice on my sore back after all that cleaning.
Plumbing for the house is now organized. Got some quotes for the shed I want. Kit price starts at $26500 without erection or windows but includes roller doors. I'll need remotes on those. (2) and will be fitting a Ranch Slider where the 3rd roller door would normally go.
Shed is American style barn 15 meters x 15 meters but that could change depending who gets the job in the end. Bit big for me to do by myself. So much to do, so little time. As Ned Kelly said on the way to his hanging, "Such is Life"

scaredychicken

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 160 (1988), Arctic Cat 400 ATV (2006), Kubota BX23S (2018),Jacobsen Super Chief 1450 (1969)
Is THIS the Longest Running Post ? Wowza

still hot here in BC, concerns for forest fires continue
Have a good evening everyone.

mostly_gas

Tractor
in-between tractors
Good evening all. Yesterday's weather: 77F for the start, partly cloudy, light breeze. Light wind day, partly cloudy sky and high temp of 92F. Drove to Paris for 8AM start, 67.5 mile course. 2900 feet of climb. Finished 2:30 did use neck cooler to help manage body temp. Had some serious rehydrating to do after ride.
Today's weather 76F overcast, light breeze, 1 inch in rain gauge. Light wind today, overcast cleared to partly cloudy with afternoon buildups high temp 91F HI 101F and DP 71F. Chapel this morning, Wife just wanted some yogurt, so I just had usual cold cereal. Recovery day today.
Covid update: Cooke 3252 confirmed cases, 19 active cases, Montague 1805 confirmed cases, 13 active cases, Grayson, 11549 confirmed cases, 55 active cases.
Yesterday posts
Eric glad the situation was benign.
Doug full car park!
Drew sorry about needing to replant the bushes.
Roy wife has had COPD for years.
Ron hope you got the filters changed, nice sky
Doug with the reverse camera in my F150, can drop trailer on the ball no problem :)
Roy sorry rain cramped your plan.
Drew thanks for shoulder update, nice to hear pain not the issue it was!
Buppies the parts craving is spreading :(
Thomas hope your day went well.
Rich sound like a one legged gut at a butt licking contest.
Randy glad you had things under control.
RNG sorry about you missing the camping, hope the winds don't do an about face
Drew nice taters and pics
Drew yes thistles bared handed no fun :(
RS glad you have cylinder rebuild under control. nice pics
David hope the mudding went well.
Don neat pics.
Doug good sized project.
Rand glad sale want well
Don don't you love the below normal temps! Glad was wall and not roof, good luck finish project.
Kyle glad fort worth trip went well, don't miss rush hour traffic at all.
Doug pretty car!
Dennis now you have been through it once easier next time :) Did you make it inside prior to rain?
Today's posts
Ron glad filter change went well and got bracket replaced. Enjoy the celebration, nice turkey pic
Drew sorry for the family drama, glad you have been able to take car of MIL inspite of your issues
Billy glad you are getting quality family time
Bird good question
Roy glad your aquifer refills so fast. Wife has one inhaler, use as needed.
Don I am sure wife would not climb windmill to service it :)
RNG hope the fire crew gets better at communication
Paul you may have to return to horizontal surface reclamation! nice pic
Eric understand about people asking before and not after they are caught. sorry about fox hunt damage.
John nice day planned.
Randy sorry about you missing church, happens here sometimes when ready way early
David sorry about the water in gas issue.
Don thanks for info, wife needs to quit smoking as well.
Drew thanks for info
Dennis thanks for link, that was a funny movie
Rich good to hear trailer almost done
David glad you could get rid of water in most of gas.
Doug good luck with shopping.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter, Bird/aging issues/, Billy/skin cancer surgery, David(moss)/remodel/divorce, Buppies cancer surgery, Phil/reflux/wife's eyes,Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Dennis/older brother/son, Grev/wife's eye, Do niece/son/Covid, Bill/DIL home care, Ted/knee recovery, Doug and wife/health issues/nerve and pain/ wife's eyes, Ken/uncle, Drew/tendon healing, David(sadamo)/Sophie's eye surgery,RNG/fire season, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.

Attachments

• 20210717_140724.jpg
    20210717_140724.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 49
  • 20210717_140806.jpg
    20210717_140806.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 50
  • 20210717_140900.jpg
    20210717_140900.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 47

buckeyefarmer

Super Star Member
Tractor
I'm going shopping while you guys and gals are all sleeping. Wife wants to look at kitchens and all sorts of things that interest ladies. I need a car wheel wash brush, seat covers and some batteries and after watching daugens movie I might get another 5000 mAh battery for my Ryobi gear.
Washed and chamoi dried two cars this morning in the cold air then hopped in the Mustang to try out the heated seats. Very nice on my sore back after all that cleaning.
Plumbing for the house is now organized. Got some quotes for the shed I want. Kit price starts at $26500 without erection or windows but includes roller doors. I'll need remotes on those. (2) and will be fitting a Ranch Slider where the 3rd roller door would normally go.
Shed is American style barn 15 meters x 15 meters but that could change depending who gets the job in the end. Bit big for me to do by myself. So much to do, so little time. As Ned Kelly said on the way to his hanging, "Such is Life"

That’s 50 x 50 ft. Would narrower and longer cut price due to shorter roof trusses?

buckeyefarmer

Super Star Member
Tractor
Mostly, was pouring when I got to dad’s waited for it to slow down before dashing inside. Was starting to rain as I was packing, so got a little wet. For the downpour at home, I just got in house before it started to pour.

I had song leading at worship.
Ate at the New Mexican restaurant after service, first time eating in, been doing takeout. Great food.
Cooler today, but still humid. AC in RV is working, but very loud.

Drew, sorry about family drama. Not fun.

I tried to stay out of wife’s sister drama with her kids that won’t have anything to do with her, but she sucked me into it last spring. We get along great with her kids. Used to get along with her, until she unloaded on us in a drunken rage one day. I avoid her now if I can, but sometimes I can’t. Her opinion is everyone has wronged her, she plays the victim card continuously, but she causes it all.

rswyan

Tractor
Kubota B2910, Cub Cadet Pro Z 154S, Simplicity 18 CFC, Cub Cadet 782
66F and clear @ 23:45, headed down to an overnight low of 61F. High temp today was 82F.

Got curl cylinder piston put back on rod and nut Loctited and tightened up. Waiting on Loctite to cure (takes 24 hours) before I stick the rod back in the tube and tighten up the gland nut. Should be able to do that tomorrow afternoon and get it reinstalled on the tractor.

Still need to clean the sealing surface on the tube but that shouldn't take but a few minutes.

Oil and filter change done on Cub.

Mowed all down around house and got that done, plus 1/2 of the lower front. Finish that tomorrow afternoon.

Filled hopper feeder.

Harvested one zucchini and four yellow squash today (on right), stuff on the left is from a couple days ago:

IMG_1220 copy.jpg

I believe she picked the pepper too early (the little tag shows them as red) but we'll see. Tomato plants decimated by the deer ... :cry:

More clean up and raking done on southwest corner, debris hauled up and added to compost pile. At the point now where the lower part of that area needs to dry before I can finish it up.

Glued up the tees with the risers and sprinkler heads in them for the next watering rig.

Menards order is ready for pick up.

Hope everyone had a great day ... (y)

RoyJackson

Epic Contributor
Tractor
2021-07-19, 0306

63° right now...looks like a spot of light rain now...
High in the mid-70's and probably some rain

Up a bit early this morning...woke up about 0200 or thereabouts. Be my first day back to work since the medical episode last week...we'll see how things go...

two_bit_score

Texas - from the brush and pear to the piney woods
Tractor
John Deere 110 TLB, Diamond C 19LPX GN trailer
2021-07-19, 0306

Up a bit early this morning...woke up about 0200 or thereabouts. Be my first day back to work since the medical episode last week...we'll see how things go...
Good Luck going back to work! Hope everything goes well!

ronjhall

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota 2910 HST
Coffee is done brewing. 65° with a few clouds this morning. Heading to 86° with lots of sunshine. Enjoyed neighbors birthday party. Took time off from party and put flail mower on tractor. Checked it out with a run down one side of field. Still too wet to cut. Later this week it will get done as fields dry out. Not sure what I will get into today.
One of the visitors to my Lily garden.
IFiowmM.jpg

Roy, hope you weeks goes well.

Mostly, I need to try one of them neck coolers when I am out cutting fields later this week.

Scardy, not sure it is longest running post. But it may be the most post.

David, if your water in gas is from where you live. Have you tried Ricks StaBil Marine 360?

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.

Alien

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
That’s 50 x 50 ft. Would narrower and longer cut price due to shorter roof trusses?
I found a fellow that is giving me a quote tomorrow. Start to finish. Narrower would cut price but I don't want that. Longer doesn't make a great deal of difference. This new fella can start pretty soon apparently so I will see how good his quote is.

Alien

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
all of us with cordless tools will find this interesting.
4ah battery minimum but don't go too big with certain cutting tools.
I have one 2ah and four or five 5ah. I use the smaller battery when using my 1/2 drill drilling into normal wood.
Saves a nice bit of weight.
I went and bought 2 x more 5000 mAh batteries today. (and a couple of new things to fit them to.:) That gives me 2 x 2000mAh and 3 5000 mAh so I'm pretty set. I bought a Ryobi sander for the wife as she has to earn her keep and a new brushless Drill. They are supposed to run 40% longer than a brushed drill.

ronjhall

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota 2910 HST
Coffee is done brewing. 65° with a few clouds this morning. Heading to 86° with lots of sunshine. Enjoyed neighbors birthday party. Took time off from party and put flail mower on tractor. Checked it out with a run down one side of field. Still too wet to cut. Later this week it will get done as fields dry out. Not sure what I will get into today.
One of the visitors to my Lily garden.
IFiowmM.jpg

Roy, hope you weeks goes well.

Mostly, I need to try one of them neck coolers when I am out cutting fields later this week.

Scardy, not sure it is longest running post. But it may be the most post.

David, if your water in gas is from where you live. Have you tried Ricks StaBil Marine 360?

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.

daugen

Super Star Member
Tractor
in between now
good morning all. Going to be a nice summer day with highs near 88.

family dinner last night went ok after initial very cold shoulder by SIL. She warmed up when I brought her
a bag of chocolate chip cookies I was given earlier that day, and trying to avoid sugar, thought regifting made sense.
And it did, she was pleased with her cookies and whatever chip she had on her shoulder seemed to slide off.
I found the dinner tiring and couldn't wait to get home. Where I didn't sleep well last night, think it's going to be a nap day.

off to PT, then foodshopping, and not sure what else to get into. Might try lifting up the new mower with the new mower lift and give it a thorough greasing.
Looks like I need to get one of those grease zerk couplers as the mower spindle zerks are hidden out of sight.

Buppies

Tractor
Kubota L5240 Toro 60inch Z Master 21 inch walk behind Polaris 900 hunter edition 30in toro walk behind
69 high of 88 today getting dry again again

Sorry about troubles at get together last night Drew

Roy hope you are feeling better copd nothing to play with

prayers for all

mpham

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B 2650 cab
Morning all!
Glad your feeling better Roy!
Woke up to another rain storm. Flooded streets here all over the place. 63 going to 72. Weather guessers say we have already broke the record for most rain in the month of July and we are only half way thru.
Wife and I are doing good. Staying as active as we can between storms. No major health issues.
Nothing planned for jobs as it's just to wet and hot,humid out there.
35 years together this Wednesday! Time sure has flown by quick!
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!

daugen

Super Star Member
Tractor
in between now
congrats Phil on the big anniversary!

we don't need any more rain here either...wish we could send some out West.

wngsprd

Tractor
Kubota L3130 DT
69 and cloudy, headed to 86. Feels good.

RS, nice looking squash/zukes/peppers. We've started harvesting them, too...gave a box full to my son and DIL to take home since so many seem to come at once. We talked yesterday about how the garden seems to be having its best year in memory.

Caught a mouse in my truck Saturday night...none caught last night. Still can't figure how it got in, but doing a thorough cleaning and investigation today. Was gonna do it yesterday, but decided the best approach was to do my wife's SUV first...she had commented the other day how dirty it had gotten.

RedNeckGeek

Tractor
Good Morning!!!! 78F @ 4:00AM. Sun and clouds mixed. High 102F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph.
Windy today, then calming through the week, but highs stay in the low hundreds. Siesta weather. The threatened dry lightning never materialized, but the threat is still on for today.

The small water line pressure was down again yesterday morning, so I walked it again, tightening hose clamps as I went. Hopefully have better news this morning.

Mounted the sprayer on the side-by-side yesterday morning and spotted weeds for an hour or so. Pump had trouble keeping prime on the steep hillsides, what else is new? Much less yellow star thistle than in past years. Seems that by pushing over the tall grass instead of cutting it, the thistle doesn't get any light and doesn't sprout. Most of what I did find was growing out of bare dirt.

Put together a circuit with the water level sensor, relay, 24VAC transformer, and 600 feet of wire to make sure it would work. Very happy that the relay triggered, no problem. Not very happy to get a notice from a wire supplier that the Ethernet cable I ordered is on backorder. Found a new supplier, but they have slower shipping. Hmph!

Very bad news on the fire front, with it spotting across the eastern fire lines yesterday afternoon, and moving towards Bucks Lake, where I was supposed to be camping over the weekend. My friends left before evacuation orders were issued, but issued they were. And Highway 70 through the canyon is closed in that area. Biggest concern is that now the fire is free to come back south again on that side of the river. I counted seven air tankers working on the break out, but this morning's heat map shows the fire to be well established, having overtaken several miles of highway and advanced several miles more toward the lake.

Found a new feature on the video player yesterday. Click the icon and it plays a random movie from the collection. First it picked "Blow" starring Johnny Dep, then "The Blob" with a very young Steve McQueen. Corny movie, but then any Steve McQueen movie is worth watching, right?

Hope everyone gets started on the right foot for the new week!

Popgadget

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L6060
Good morning
Its 68 with highs in the 80’s forecast, looks like it will be a decent day.

Yesterday went as planned, shop time followed by nice trip to the Vineyard.

For today, I’m already in Richmond, I’ll be here till between 2 and 3, so I won’t get much done by the time I get home. But it’s a quiet week after today.

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
Have you looked into Point-to-Point or LoRA/LoRaWan? Either seem suited for your application.
Point to Point can be done with Pringle cans and USB dongles but requires LOS. LoRaWan seems to conquer the LOS problem but is extremely low throughput.

Kyle_in_Tex

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 4310,JD5420
Glad you're able to go back to work Roy. Hope you get better.

Another trip around the sun for me today.

Happy early anniversary Phil.

Ron, I really loved the wild turkeys picture. It's a big success if the young ones reach maturity. Hope your son is doing well....and you too.

Billy, I've had mice get into vehicles. On a suburban, I believe they were getting in somewhere around the rear wheel. Little farts can squeeze/chew their way through about anywhere.

Doug, nice rides! and a new barn will be nice too. We have to get you on track to calling it a barn. hahaha A shed for us is a small storage unit, usually too small to park a car in. Make sure you pick the kit that handles the high wind loads. Here I believe the wind loads are rated at 90 or 110 miles per hour. The doors can also be a problem in the high winds.

Hope all of you have a blessed day. Prayers for Buppies, mostly's wifey, Billy to not overexert, Drew to get the right amount of Helga, Roy, our families, and our country.

MoKelly

Jefferson County, Mo, ... about 35 miles out of St
Tractor
Bobcat CT235, Bad Boy z-turn, Suzuki Vinson 500 and F-150
2021-07-19, 0306

I’ve noticed your post times in the past. You are indeed an early bird person.

Do you not need much sleep or do you go to bed early? I’ve known 2 friends over the years who needed little sleep - like 5 hours a day. They went to bed around midnight and woke at 5am.

I like early morning. Barely light. Quiet. Peaceful. But, to enjoy early morning I need to get to sleep by 10!

MoKelly