Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #25,711  
Drew you are way too busy for retirement. Pace yourself.

you are right. Luckily I have a strong heart and maybe not such a strong body any more but
it's what I've got. And it is starting to be fun here instead of overwhelming. I do pace myself, but like the turtles at the end of the lane, I just keep plugging along. Good analogy for me to slow down...
Slow and steady wins the race.
And I will drive a little slower as I head to Lowes to get several more bales of peat moss, lawn weed and feed in bulk this time, now that I know the spreader works well with it. So riding around on the comfy lawn mower is not hard duty. In fact, I'm just where I want to be.

And I really should work off this weight. Everyone else is walking away and eating vegetarian cheese steaks and tofu salads and I'm trying to stay out of the Boss Hog joints.
So if I have to buy a few new smaller belts, well for a guy who has been heavy all his life,
rock and roll.

off to go truckin to Lowes.

/ Good morning!!!! #25,712  
Good Morning. 1130, sunny, 70F with 62% humidity. Forecast high of 76F with 0% chance of rain this afternoon, and a low of 53F tonight. I was after 0400 getting to sleep, but I was able to sleep until 1000, so all in all, not too bad. But I will sleep through the first half of the race no matter what. It is funny, but I will wake up to fast forward through the adds, then go right back to sleep. About halfway through I will wake up and watch the rest of it. We have learned to stay off Face Book and other social media until we have watched the end of the race. Someone will always post a comment and spoil it for you.

Larro, hope you are not disappointed that there was not a Nationwide race last night.The afternoon truck race was good.

I found that out when I looked at the DVR. I could have sworn I set the recorder for it, but since it didn't happen, I don't guess I did. Margie found the truck race on Fox and recorded it for me. I watched it this morning while I was doing my cardio, and it was a good race. Often the truck races have better pure racing than the two top tier series have.

Everyone have a good day,

Larro

/ Good morning!!!! #25,713  
73F and only .76 inches rain last 24 hours so not too bad for a hurricane. Just started raining again, first since midnight.

Another inside day, football :)

Be safe
Have a great day

David Sent from my iPad Air using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #25,714  
42F now cloudy.
Little bit of weather so far today..rain,sun,freezing rain,snow flakes w/good 10mph breeze.
Put the riding lawn mower to bed until next spring,than blow leaves until 3:30...6 hours of that makes shoulders tad tender. :(
Try to catch last half of the race now :) Mrs. plan on bbqing :) she got the woodstove just purring. :(

Enjoy afternoon/evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #25,715  
52F and mostly sunny @ 16:00 ...

Woke up yesterday at around 19:30 ... made it up to the shop around 01:00 ... came down for some chow around 09:00 ... the woman made French toast ... :D

After that it was pretty much all over ... I fell into a coma on the couch ... lol ...

Had set the alarm on my iPhone for 14:30 ... so I could get after them leaves ... evidently I kept hitting the Snooze Button though ... cause I didn't wake up until until around 15:45 ...

Since she was making all sorts of noises about doing it, I expected that the Woman would have all those leaves mowed into windrows with the Simplicity, ready for me to pick up with Kubota and Trac-Vac ... no such luck though ... :rolleyes:

Looks like leaf pick up might not happen until later in the week, after it quits raining.

(She just headed out ... and I heard the Simplicity start ... she must not have cared for my question as to why it wasn't done ... :laughing:)

Last night the woman loaded the wood furnace last night around 20:00 ... there were still coals when I went down there @ 09:00 this morning and reloaded it. Temp in the house was 68F.

Added another 5/8" solid rod to the bottom of the shrub bucket and got all the previously undone welds completed. Rooted around a bit and came up with enough 1/4" plate to do four gussets for the side plates ... got two of those welded on:

IMG_1683.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

Cut a 30" piece of 3/8" x 1 1/2" bar for a stiffener for the lower part of the attachment plate ... since that's where a lot of force will be applied when pushing. Welded it on edge-wise, forming a "T" ... the top of the plate has a 3/8" bar on it, so it ought to be good.

IMG_1686.jpg
Got one of the two side cutter knives sharpened on the Delta and ready to weld on ... still have to do the other one. That and the remaining two gussets. Not sure what I'm going to do about the Fabco teeth ...

Think I'm gonna go out and use that new QA to put the regular bucket on the loader and shove the old grass clippings up in the field into a pile ... see how it works.

/ Good morning!!!! #25,716  
47F currently. High was 52F and mostly sunny. Snowflakes & freezing rain Thomas? Say it ain't so!

Possible nor'easter developing Tuesday-Friday. Wind and rain is the current guess.

/ Good morning!!!! #25,717  
I went for a walk in back part of our lot today. Hadn't been back there all summer.

Tree felling beaver-style. Yellow birch I think. Lucky for them the top fell into their pond.
DSC03117.jpg

This cutie was watching me while I was looking at the beaver's work. The fur blends well with the beech bark. Look for two black dots a bit left of center.
DSC03115.jpg

This streamlet feeds and drains the beaver pond.
DSC03113.jpg

Same tree, different angle. Notice they started on the root stools and ate or carried off most of the chips.
DSC03118.jpg

The hump of mud with bare sticks on top is the beaver's new lodge all ready for winter in a slightly higher pond. They abandoned the old lodge and pond where the water is now down 3'-4' feet from its peak.
DSC03122.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #25,719  
Dave, beautiful place.
+1

sure looks inviting for a walk.

I know beavers knaw the trees off or bits of them and take them away but do they actually eat the bark? Or do they go back for a Domino's pond pizza?
with those big teeth, I suppose it's good beavers aren't carnivores.