Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!!
#27,431  
Dunno but a hawk makes sense if it happened in daylight. Maybe an owl after dark. Cat?

I've not seen or heard a Mockingbird here but I'm within their native range. They must be pretty noisy singers because I could hear them when we visited Asheville, NC this fall. The B&B there had a big covered porch with stuff growing on trellises which the birds seemed to like hanging out in.

They are interesting birds that used to be captured and kept in cages to the point of being wiped out in some areas. $50 for a exceptional singing Mockingbird, 1828 in NYC. Who knew?

Northern Mockingbird, Life History, All About Birds - Cornell Lab of Ornithology

I like the new avatar!

/ Good morning!!!! #27,432  
I like the new avatar!

Thanks. Seems to suit the general mood lately. :) I think Drew should have an avatar, and I think we should be "helpful" with suggestions.

Here is one:
wile.jpg

I've seen fairly large flocks of crows several times recently, here and on the road to Ohio. Crows are smart and fun to watch.

/ Good morning!!!! #27,433  
My favorite birds are the local crows. I try to leave some feed out for them, they won't come near the chicken pen. Too dirty for them, I think.

As a farmer and gardener, we always fought crows. They are too smart for your good. My Great Aunt {Granny Larro's sister} cooked crow and dumplings for me one time. Taste like chicken, just much tougher and harder to kill. She also baked me a blackbird pie. Blackbirds are easier for a little boy to kill. When the sky is black with them, you can bring down half a dozen with one shot.

Larro

/ Good morning!!!! #27,434  
Got coffee pot brewing. 51ー with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 66ー (Las Cruses, NM) with partly cloudy skies and chance of a rain shower early evening. Yesterday traveling was good. Today we have to travel threw El Paso, TX. Can be exciting to say the least. Crazy drivers.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #27,435  
well good Saturday morning guys. Roy must be sleeping in, sure deserves to.
rain is about to start, in the fifties today with light rain all day.
Maybe I will finally get to work on xmas lights; at least hang them on the front porch.

an avatar huh? Look for a gasbag driving a tractor...:D

/ Good morning!!!! #27,436  
2014-12-06, 0629

Yep, I was sleeping in!

26 right now and a bit of snow and ice last night...high today of 37....pretty crappy day ahead of us

/ Good morning!!!! #27,437  
My Great Aunt {Granny Larro's sister} cooked crow and dumplings for me one time. Taste like chicken,

never chewed or tasted crow, though I've eaten it a few times, figuratively...:rolleyes:

I always wonder what diseases these birds carry....and does cooking kill all of it.
I mean, that crow could have flown in from Africa...

/ Good morning!!!! #27,438  
22F, snow falling, calm. Looks like maybe 2" so far. Changing to rain and 38F is still the forecast.

Good day to stay inside and hunt avatars. :D

Never heard of literally eating crow. However, googling crow recipes returns hits, even from recipe.com. Here is a site dedicated to crow hunting with all sorts info: Crow Busters - Crow Recipes

/ Good morning!!!! #27,439  
Raining now came in early no leaf pick up today, will have to resume tomorrow after church. Xmas decorating today maybe look at job or two. So much to do so little time

Storm I spoke of earlier will form Monday or so off Va/Md coast and give interior New England snow.
Mild weather prevails until around December 20th or so then if things do not change perhaps White Christmas for my neck of woods and east turning very cold.
Right now looks stormy and cold into Janurary as well

Farmer2009 looks like week after Christmas will be cold and snow threats will be there. Ground zero may be your neck of woods
David(MFLW) 20th thru 22nd looks promising for snow for you and cold too.
Remember these are subject to change and just my educated guess

/ Good morning!!!! #27,440  
Larro if you ate crow for sure you ate ground hog and maybe rat on a stick too. Couple of older guys I work with have. Inquiring minds might want to know. I probably have to just don't want to know