Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #135,261  
Good evening! 79˚F 88% humidity - I would say it's lightly sprinkling outside (some pre-covid might say spitting) but more accurately now I can say it's raining slightly enough that my Ford pickup auto wipers swiped twice in four miles.

Big day in Texas today. The first day a cruise ship left the port in Galveston since it shut down 16 months ago. Everyone had to show proof of vaccination and no mask or social distancing were required on board the Carnival Vista. A lot of happy people down there.

Thanks for the report Randy, How long did she use it?

She ran it for about twenty minutes run time. Battery was still fine, didn’t have to switch batteries. That’s running short bursts of course.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,262  
Happy Independence Day to us treasonous colonists! 🤣

70 now, supposed to go to 86.

Not sure what we are going to get into today. Need to get a new microwave, old one, which isn’t that old, began to randomly turn itself on. Only way yo get it to shut off was pull the plug. So it needs to go.

Yesterday was busy, weed the garden, plant some late beans, pick peas, mow, string trim, even found some time to finish up some work on the trailer.

Thoughts to everyone who needs them.

Stay safe out there

/ Good morning!!!! #135,263  
Happy Independence Day. Thank God and the U.S. military.

IMG_1910.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #135,264  
Good Morning!!!! 70F @ 6:30AM. Some clouds this morning will give way to generally sunny skies for the afternoon. Hot. High 99F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.

Got about half the trench lined with sand yesterday, the easy-to-get-to-with-the-tractor half. Found one shallow spot I'll take care of this morning, then figure out how to get the sand up to the lateral section at the top of the hill. Probably lots of exercise headed my way.

Got a flyer from AARP (had to join to get United Health Care for Plan G) with a special car insurance deal. Got most of the way through the questionaire online and the thing malfunctioned, so when I'm done outside today I'll give 'em a call. So far looks like I could save a couple hundred bux a year and get better coverage. Anybody got any experience with The Hartford?

Hope everyone has a safe holiday. Happy Birthday Uncle Sam!

/ Good morning!!!! #135,265  
I've had the Hartford auto before, no issues with the coverage.
But just like all the others they start bumping up the premium every year.
After 3-5 years it's time to switch for decent savings.
I tend to go from Liberty Mutual, to Hartford or Travelers.
All of mine are annual policys I don't like the 6 month policys.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,266  
64°F and clear skies this morning, going up to 88° today.

Happy Independence Day to all our American friends here. And, our non-American friends are absolutely welcome to celebrate with us.

Got most of the mowing done yesterday. Front yard didn't need it, amazingly, but the pasture made up for it. I didn't mow back there last week, so it was rather tall this week, and went a little slower.

Not sure what I'll get into today. Maybe nothing at all. Might go paddle the kayak around on a lake instead.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,267  
Happy Birthday America - THE greatest country. (Note to those who disagree, not proud to be here, contribute in a positive fashion or leave and don’t let the door kick you in the butt)

68°F and .03 inches rain
Looks like a great day to put my flail back in order. Will change out the hammers, check all the nuts and bolts, new belts, & grease job.

2nd year without our 4th of July gathering. Just throw a couple of dogs and burgers on the grill.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #135,268  
Doesn't that just make you angry?
I wouldn't say it makes me angry. However, it's certainly aggravating. It's pretty typical that the office closes early on the day before a holiday. Usually, whenever the company president leaves, the girls in the office follow about 15 minutes or so later. Sometimes one of them will call downstairs to let us know (the one who usually does that was out on vacation this week). Sometimes they'll just stick their head in the door and tell us on their way out. Most of the time, though, we discover it like we did Friday, by looking out at the parking lot and seeing it empty.

It's either lazy or inconsiderate, or maybe both. Based on how a couple of them conduct themselves on a daily basis, it's really no surprise to me at all.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,269  
I've had the Hartford auto before, no issues with the coverage.
But just like all the others they start bumping up the premium every year.
After 3-5 years it's time to switch for decent savings.
I tend to go from Liberty Mutual, to Hartford or Travelers.
All of mine are annual policys I don't like the 6 month policys.
Sounds much like me in some ways. I currently have AAA Homeowners and Auto insurance annual policies and a couple of years ago I got it arranged so that they both renew at the same time. I did that because if you change insurance companies, you usually get a better deal if you buy both Homeowners and Auto insurance from the same company and at the same time. Of course Hartford, through AARP, sends me lots of sales pitches for their insurance. However, so far their requested premiums have always been more than I pay AAA.

Now I recently had a new roof put on the house, wooden fence replaced, and one window screen and trim replaced due to hail damage. I really can't complain about the insurance adjuster from AAA or what they paid, BUT my roofer said we should have replaced the rain gutters, too, but my AAA insurance will not pay for rain gutters. I may, or may not:D:D be changing companies in about 3 monthy.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,270  
Of course Hartford, through AARP, sends me lots of sales pitches for their insurance. However, so far their requested premiums have always been more than I pay AAA.
I wish there was a setting somewhere to get AARP from bombarding both my mailbox and email with junk. That's one of the reasons I dropped them the last time around. And why they'll probably be history after this first mandatory year. AAA was my insurance company when I first moved here, but after several 20% premium increases, I found better rates elsewhere. Oh, those were the days, when I could actually find an insurance company that would sell me a homeowner's policy. Come February, I suspect I'll be self insured...