Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #137,071  
Everybody including me is up early for a Saturday. Well, Eric is 5 hrs late.
Thanks for the big boy pics.
Rooster is crowing and doves are singing.
Went to bed a little early last night, body just aches. Still aches this morning.
Have a company picnic at a coworkers house this afternoon. He lives up my way, so not a long trip. Calling for 60% chance of rain, not sure what they will do for rain.
Need to get Subaru oil changed this morning, it’s overdue. Not looking forward to laying on concrete floor to get plug out, but it doesn’t take too long.
I give the sermon at worship at the end of the month, I do it once a year. gotta get working on that. Hardest part is usually deciding on a topic.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #137,072  
72F cloudy and will be most of the day chance afternoon t storms than clear cooler temps,upper 70's for high.

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Right on time last evening Boo show up had quick snack at critter cafe than headed to get cold drink of water from the over flowing well than curl up under spruce trees took long nap.

Plans for today...trim spruce tree and bank also ditch line,than see what the rest of the day has to offer.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,073  
.14 in of rain yesterday very cloudy this morning. Change oil in truck then see what I have to do

prayers for all

/ Good morning!!!! #137,074  
Morning all! 70 here with a partly cloudy humid 82 forecast.
Will be going out to breakfast with the wife to start the day.
Nothing planned for outside work. Will be going to the apartment house to watch an electrician fix a faulty, slightly melted wire to a refrigerator plug.
After that take it as it goes.
Hope everyone is safe and healthy!

/ Good morning!!!! #137,075  
70 and humid going to 92.

Ron, good news on your PSA. Nice hummer pic.

Mostly, I get excited when just a modern train comes down our nearby tracks, so know seeing that one would be sweet. Nice handlebars on your bike, too. 😁

Caught up all the mowing yesterday...another 3 hours blowing grass and pollen and dust.

Last night was deemed to be "game night" by our oldest son and DIL...they came for dinner and to spend the night. We were outside and I was showing them the bee tree and telling the story when a huge storm starting blowing lawn chairs around and leaves off the trees...we got only a sprinkle, but nearby got a good soak.

We stayed up 'til after midnight playing table games and had a lot of laughs (the best medicine). I woke up a couple of hours ago, anyway...doesn't matter when I go to bed...still wake up early. So, fed the birds and made coffee and a gallon of hummingbird food for later in the day.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,076  
Thomas, you take very good care of Boo

/ Good morning!!!! #137,077  
Good morning.
It’s 75 and only going to 85 with rain and thunderstorms likely today. Another good day to spend inside.

Yesterday started with some electrical trouble shooting, son said outlets didn’t work in his room, computer switched to UPS. He checked the breaker, it was on and not tripped. Culprit turned out to be a bad connection in a wire nut. Apparently it got hot enough to melt the wire nut.

IMG_7060.jpg

Spent the rest of the day in the shop, made good progress both on speakers and tidying up the cables in the music room. Rehearsal went well, son, DIL and grandson stopped by, grandson loves music, and is a very animated listener. We made a lot of progress on songs that we’ve been working on. It’s interesting as a song takes shape to see how near or far from the original vision it strays. We took one pretty far last night.
Someone sent me a picture from a show a couple of weeks ago, I thought it funny that my rock and roll t shirt was from the Grange Fair and had a Farmall on it.

IMG_0026.jpg

Today will be another shop day, hope to get the finish on the two speakers nearing the end of the production line, I can tinker with last night’s recording as well. Maybe go to BJ’s with my wife.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,078  
69F and mostly cloudy @ 09:30, headed up to a high of around 80F for the day.

It appears that we got an additional 0.25" (almost) of rain last night.

Today and tomorrow will be dry and then we go into higher chances (30% to 60%) of rain for the rest of the Ten Day.

First thing on agenda for today is to replace a leaking hose on one of the lift cylinders on the Kubota and top off the hydraulic fluid. It started dripping yesterday and by the time I knocked off it was approaching constant. I have all four hoses for the lift cylinders, so if it goes well on the one that is leaking I may go ahead and just do them all.

After that I need to take a bucket of dirt up to the neighbor so he can backfill the last little section of his utility trench.

Then I'll probably fill up the lawn roller with water and roll the lawn since it should still be good and moist. May follow that with coring again.

Followed by completing the mowing down here around the house.

If it dries up enough over around the pole barn may try moving more dirt down to there.

I suspect the area around the creek crossing is probably a muddy mess and it will take at least a day to dry up enough to work over there.

While the high(er) probability of rain for this coming week are great for the lawn and plants (especially this time of year), it doesn't do a whole lot for being able to work in areas that are prone to being muddy.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable, productive, and safe Saturday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #137,079  
nice pic Paul, you were grooving along

there is use for us old farts after all...

not looking healthy for Louisiana and Florida
And now the spread is among the young which makes sense since
they aren't vaccinated.

"This is starting to look really ominous in the South. ... If you look at rates of transmission
in Florida and Louisiana, they're actually probably the highest in the world,"

decided not to fight the traffic or take the jammed packed variant laden shuttle busses from parking lot in, so passed on today's
car show. Too bad they don't have a live cam...

/ Good morning!!!! #137,080  
Good Morning!!!! 77F @ 7:00AM. A mix of clouds and sun. Hot. High 106F. Winds light and variable.

What a great neighbor, RS. And that dirt! Not a rock to be found in it!

Now we have two Pauls that play the bass...(y)

Nothing Ideal about that wire nut though. Down right scary.

A week or so ago I installed a new sensor on the automatic gate opener, and so far it's been working reliably. The wire was just laying on the ground, so yesterday I slipped lengths of PVC around it and used wooden stakes to pin it in place. Once the trench is filled in, I'll dump some of the extra dirt over the PVC and avoid having to dig yet another trench.

Not much luck with the camera at the upper tank yesterday. Got one camera to work, and it even updated its firmware, but then it quit. Brought it back down to the garage and it worked fine when directly attached to the network with a patch cable, then brought down the Ethernet extender pair and they worked fine, too, even through almost 900' of cable on three different reels. Thought I'd try a different camera that draws less power, and again it worked fine in the garage on the reels of cable, but not on the line running up to the tank. Got out the Ethernet tester, and the line to the tank tested fine in several different ways, even picked up a network address via DHCP. But still no joy with either camera. All that fooling around wasted pretty much the whole day. I have one or two more things to check this morning, but at this point I don't have very much confidence in the extenders and will try to get a refund for them.

Word this morning from the Dixie Fire is that radar spotted rotation in the thunder clouds over it yesterday afternoon. Might have been a fire tornado like they had over Redding a few years ago. Several new fires in the area caused by lightning strikes. More evacuations were ordered, Lake Almanor is almost completely surrounded and firefighters are prepping the small town of Westwood for fire. Hope it goes better for them than it did in Greenville, which was an almost total loss. The fire is now closing in on 520,000 acres, no time estimate for containment.

Edit: Fire size just updated to 540,581 acres & 31% contained.

Hard to believe it's already the weekend. Hope everyone enjoys it.

Last edited: