Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #140,981  
42°F and cloudy again today, going up to 68° today. Rain moving in overnight will also bring cooler temps for the remainder of the week. Highs in the mid-40s forecast for the weekend.

We've been busy at work here, too, Kyle. We just got a new all-electric tube bender installed, and it's up and running as of yesterday. No hydraulics at all on it. Lots of new stuff to learn, and lots of new business to keep it running, which also means lots of documentation keeping the Head Quality Jerk busy. On the bright side, the days sure are over in a hurry.

There seems to be new growth everywhere around us, too, Bird. The small town I lived in before I got married had about 800 people when I moved there. When I left eight years later, there were over 1100, and they're still growing. Many of the older residents, and more than a few of the newer ones, are not happy about the rapid growth. We worry about it where we are now, too. Seems like every time a farm sells or is auctioned, the land is divided into 5-7 acre lots. Not a trend I care to see, regardless of the tax implications.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,982  
69°F and no rain

Off to town this morning, Makani has follow up vet appointment. Then some light shopping

May get a couple hours in caretaker studio

Back to town this afternoon to meet with wife’s brother at a new restaurant.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #140,983  
53F and sunny @ 11:30, heading up to a high of 61F.

Woman off to do some grocery shopping.

Have to refill the two sunflower tube feeders today.

Batteries for the drill should be recharged, so back to bulb planting.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable, productive, and safe Wednesday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #140,984  
good morning all
49 going up to 65, nice sunny day

David, sorry about loss of family. Yes, that age makes us all feel mortal.

Doug, that's going to be one strong barn, very impressive.

I packed up a medium flat rate USPS box full of local apples, wrapped individually in bubble wrap, and have to take
that out to be mailed today. I often send citrus fruit to family for xmas and I realize they all like the local apples better and it's less
expensive for me to pack and ship my own. So I'm sending about ten pounds of apples to my oldest brother's son, who I took some down to last
week and I get almost daily emails saying how good they are. Ok, more coming. At issue of course is what shape will they be in after that heavy box
gets tossed around a bunch in transit. His mother can always make applesauce...:cautious:

Might do a little woodwork in garage today after it warms up. Have some outdoor thermometers I bought as xmas presents, need to build a decorative
cedar frame for them.

Don, sounds like a really good idea getting that extra insulation blown in, will be interesting to see how it affects your utility costs.

couple of pics coming across Chesapeake Bay bridge plus my favorite wall hanging in the little greasy spoon luncheonette not far from my old farm in NC.
If you haven't driven over this bridge/tunnel there are two tunnel sections the big ships go through, the ship in the left pic is headed for the opening in the right.

David, sorry about your brother in law, a little younger than me.

Drew, on my many passes over the last fifty years, besides a lot of coal ships, containerized cargo ships pleasure boats, I’ve seen several amphibious landing ships including one beach landing just west of the bridge past the residential section. Also multiple cruisers, frigates and destroyers. My favorite though were a couple of carriers and a submarine., my very favorite was the USS Wisconsin, nothing as majestic as Iowa class battleships.

Drew, my wife is senior accountant for Perdue and my late wife was regional medical supervisor for Tyson Foods for years, I know way more about chickens than I care to.
Yes the labor shortage and supply chain issues along with questionable energy policy is going to drive up food costs by a huge amount.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,985  
Kyle, there is a additive for transmissions that may help the shudder in the Impala. Worth trying.
Weather has cleared up nicely after heavy rain last night. Hoping they can finish the barn framing today.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,986  
have spent all afternoon on school board zoom. Fascinating presentation on changing demographics in the US based on 2020 census.
The browning and greying of America.
Thankfully I was muted, all I've heard all afternoon is the roar of chainsaws.
Two houses down, big trees coming down, maybe more dead ash trees.

Attachments

• IMG_0447 (1).JPG
    IMG_0447 (1).JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 51
   / Good morning!!!! #140,988  
Mom got her propane take filled. Since January it has increased 69%. Now at $2.99 a gallon.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,989  
50F and clear @ 18:00, heading down to a low of 47F in the overnight.

Got more bulbs planted: another 20 to finish off the first pack of Triumph Tulips, then 1/2 of the pack of Pastel Triumph Tulips (25), and then better than 1/2 of the second pack of Triumph Tulips (25+) ... so about 75 today, plus the 47 from yesterday or 120 total (better than 10% of the way there)

Ran out of juice for the drill at that point because I failed to put the first battery on the charger when it ran out. Just ordered two "ShenTec" batteries from Amazon should be here tomorrow, they're almost 2x the capacity of the ones I have so hopefully won't run into that problem again. In the meantime will get the ones I have charged.

After that I used the Cub to blow leaves. Got side and rear of east side, and most of back and west sides done. Will need to finish that up tomorrow before the rain arrives.

Think The Woman is cooking some Thai chicken dish for dinner.

Hope everyone had a great day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #140,990  
David,

Condolences to you and Sophie on your loss.