Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #141,421  
Looking4new.
I had to smile when I saw your chimney comment. We don't have chimneys here. No need. It can get cool and being a sook I may get a diesel heater if needed. We have never even had a frost since we have been here. (17 years) I will need a large fan for the hot days. For the house we have reverse cycle air con.
Some areas can get hard frosts and further south they get snow sometimes but never here.

Barn Builders were here today and hope to sheet in the front tomorrow and maybe start fitting the doors and controllers. They are also supposed to be bringing the windows and sliding door for the barn tomorrow.

Also 4 new windows for the house arrived and a new sliding door for the back laundry. Lots of work for me to do. Windows and doors everywhere.....

Meantime the electrician finally turned up today and immediately had a altercation with our kitchen installer because he couldnt get to where he wanted. Electrician should have finished his work 2 weeks ago so we are not impressed with his performance. I would sack him but getting another one is nigh on impossible at present so I have to bite my tongue.

I was more surprised no windows.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,422  
Ron the birds seem to have a blueish tint, is that the lighting or the feathers?
It does have a blue tint. When I first saw it. Thought it was a Blue Jay with something wrong with it. It was 75’ feet from my kitchen window. I have never seen one with feathers that color before. It is a Dove.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,423  
I always went by the number of hours and not time for the maintenance on my tractor. The garden tractor here does not mow so it's in use only about 100 hours a year. That would make the oil change once every two years. For the owners of tractors do you change your oil yearly or after 200 hours?

Hours

/ Good morning!!!! #141,424  
30°F and cloudy this morning, going up to 44° today.

Didn't feel like I got a lot done this weekend. Spent much of Saturday running errands for The Wife. She had started cleaning out the spare bedroom downstairs, planning to move her sewing room down there, across the hall from my studio. She wanted to have a space big enough to have everything together, including the over-10'-wide longarm quilting machine. No sooner had we started moving stuff out of the room, when the boy showed up. He'd broken up with his girlfriend and needs to stay with us again. So, there went that plan ... for now, anyway.

Sunday started off as another errand day, then settled just after noon into a studio day. Wife planted herself on the couch closing up a stack of quilts she'd just finished quilting on the big machine. Turned into a productive day for both of us.

Congrats on 20 years here, Roy. I always admire your contributions.

The two Pauls having a bass jam. That could be interesting. We could start with Big Bottom by Spinal Tap, then go anywhere we wanted from there. :LOL:

That is looking to be an impressive barn Doug.

I don’t get nearly the work done on the weekends like I used to.

I want to sit in on that jam session.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,425  
Same...to a degree...
I haven't put more then 100 hours (in a year) on any of my gear, so I modify the requirements depending on the type of equipment.
Gas mower, definitely annually...tractor, the same

/ Good morning!!!! #141,426  
37F cloudy wind has bite to it.

Been slow motion day with 2 left feet.
No plans for the evening.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,427  
39° weather station says we had .03” rain. Looking at radar it’s moving away from here.
Both boys are home now.
I need to get to work, saving leave for next month.

We got way more rain, .09” then .03” we ain’t floating boats here either.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,428  
Bill, thanks, now that I have a truck again I can buy the bigger lengths. Lumberyard cuts them in half for free.
I honestly don't know the price.

waiting for my technician Sok to arrive from Safelite glass. I'm going to ask him what happens if he breaks my windshield while trying to repair it.

The system they use won’t break it, suction cup is not that strong.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,429  
Morning all, rainy and 40s today, so work halted.
Spent over three hours trail clearing with the brushcutter, made goo progress in both areas.

Got the OhioSteel 50" lawn sweeper, works pretty well on semi-dry and dry leaves.
Need to empty twice per field, so not too bad. Easy to empty, we will see how it holds up.
Did 5 areas pretty quick.

Stepp - sorry to hear about your friend- our condolences. been a bad few years...

Mostly-hope the front chainring isn't too expensive. I know finding bike parts can take some time.

Drew-shed box looks like it would have been better with rubber bands-Fedex delivery? Bet $100 back in the 1860's was a huge amount that most people would be drooling over.
Walkway looks really good, do you hire out :cool:

Attack Alpacas :)

BEF-like the creativity to get the reel located.

Wngsprd- hope the water problem is fixed and hope wife is ok

Alien - barn looks amazing and thanks for the updates.

PopG - 2G - 3G is starting to be retired

I got permission from SO to buy a welder and already have projects lined up for when it shows up.
1) weld up lawn tractor deck
2) Make round wired lighted Christmas balls - anyone know a good source of mild steel wire to weld up the shape?

Figure I will make some wood forms to bend metal rods and weld the ends and a middle rib to hold shape. then paint so it doesn't rust in 15 minutes.

Speaking of trains, have my friends coming out next month and we'll be riding the bar car of the steam train out of New Hope. We can hear the whistle from our house sometimes.

Stay safe and be well

View attachment 721866

View attachment 721867

I often use steel welding rods that you use with a torch.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,430  
I always went by the number of hours and not time for the maintenance on my tractor. The garden tractor here does not mow so it's in use only about 100 hours a year. That would make the oil change once every two years. For the owners of tractors do you change your oil yearly or after 200 hours?

First 50, then 150, now it’s every 150.