Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #141,721  
Since we're having some discussion on snow blowers, don't forget to spray the chute, auger, fan and fan housing with an anti-stick (I use a generic version of PAM). This applies to both tractor mounted or walk behind machines

/ Good morning!!!! #141,722  
Good afternoon all. The storm is over, while it killed people in some parts of the country we got off lightly with only disrupted sleep and few downed branches. Most of them can wait for another day, though I did have to go out this morning with a chainsaw to cut away an ash that had taken out a few yards of stock fencing.

PJ, sorry to hear about your father in law. Good that your wife was able to be with him at the end.

nothing like the smell of Girling brake fluid in the morning
Thanks Drew, that brings back happy memories of Christmas long ago. Father Christmas brought me a bazooka that launched polystyrene balls and Girling brake fluid was used to lubricate the air seals.
Doubt that would be recommended on a children's toy nowadays :)

/ Good morning!!!! #141,723  
Morning all, cold and gray today.
As you all know the visit to Drew's while fun and great for a morning meetup, met with 0 of 2 things getting done.
Paul PopG, it was great to finally meet you and Drew has done a great job on the landscape and garage.
Paul showed us his driveway marker gadget, talk about pro level fabrication, works great too.

After Drew's house it was off to HD to pick up wire for light globe weld up.
Then off to Peddlars village for drinks and to look at the lights (sorry no pictures, had dog with me).

Today, off to look at a used drum set for the kid, and cleanup in the garage for a place to put it, if it's good.

Drew-didn't realize you were so close to Rice's, my wife was friends with the owners daughter many years ago.

The battery in the Ariens is 7.2 volt and in a box with some electronics, should be an easy swap. They should use a pack from an RC car, would make it easier to replace by owner.

Stay safe and be well

/ Good morning!!!! #141,724  
45 degrees this morning going for a high of 64 and sunny, after a cloudy, drizzling day yesterday that eventually put almost 3/4" of rain in my gauge.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,725  
By the way, Paul (PopG), which bird did you fly the Burlington to Hagerstown flight?
Just curious...

/ Good morning!!!! #141,726  
27 last night, 53 now. Got three trees up yesterday and one to go. Church this morning, and on to outside decorating. Brought all the decorations around in the tractor bucket, any excuse for seat time.

Uh oh, she’s yelling, better hop to it!

Have a good one.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,727  
Good morning to all! Low of 21, going up to 57. No precipitation forecast for the next 10 days.... getting really dry for sure. I'm still running the drip irrigation twice a week.

PJ, sorry to hear about your family's loss. Prayers sent.

Don, glad to hear that Gray2 is getting better.

Drew, nice job on the Christmas lights. Sorry to hear about the shed and the snowblower. I guess I was really lucky with my old snowblower.... a 1996 "Yard Machines" (MTD) gas model. It had a Tecumseh 10hp engine (not the best out there) that started on the first or second pull, or within a couple of seconds with the electric starter.
It sat for about 5 years (after breaking the auger gearbox), but after putting fresh gas in it, started just as easy! I broke the replacement gearbox on the second use.... apparently snowblowers don't like gravel / rocks jamming the auger suddenly. I gave it to my neighbor last year.

I finally finished putting up the Christmas lights yesterday. Took me 2 days to do what normally took me about 6 hours. Considering I only put up half of the amount of lights, it was slow going. Nothing up higher than a normal reach... no ladders or step stools for me. The knee was really complaining last night.

No r/c flying, no woodworking the last couple of days. I am planning on getting to the sanding of the parts for the table today....
The r/c flying WILL happen sometime this week....

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #141,728  
66°F and .13 inches rain

Likely watch a little football today

Thinking seriously about assembling my homemade green house before diving back into the caretaker project.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #141,729  
PJ, condolences to your family. Love your musical instruments by your entry. We have a skinny artificial tree too. Makes it a lot easier to store for 11 months.

"Rich, that's a hell of a story (your hospital visit)"

Oh there is more.....once I was admitted there were some interesting happenings. Some of which is similar to Drew's story.

But I will recount that as I get there.

I probably am boring people but so far, it has been surprisingly therapeutic. Maybe I needed to relive this in my head after I tried to forget it.
Not bored, actually amazed at how much you remember. Thanks for sharing. Hope the turkey came out good. Need a high performance Bultaco snow blower.....with a really loud expansion chamber.

Thanks guys.
Not exactly the day I expected. Hot water heater for bedrooms on the fritz. Called local plumbing supply to get replacement. On order, but not available. Guy checked, they did have next model, more money of course.
So I end up replacing the inop heater with heater from main house and replacing that with the upgraded model.
An unexpected $1000 birthday present. And Sophie has to tease me about it…

Turkey stuffed, ready for smoker.
Happy B-day David, sorry about your present. Planting a winter garden a wee bit different there. We still have nice rose blooms today, probably not for long.

Did the big thanksgiving at our house. Wife's family and 2 different sets of friends came over too. Good day tater.

Took the son fishing Friday evening. It was chilly, and a bit breezy to our standards, but we caught some nice perch, crappie, and 1 bass. The pond looks so much better after using the sickle bar a few weeks ago to trim around it, and getting the duck weed almost all off.

Happy belated anniversary Billy. Hope wifey is feeling better. My wife does like Billy, pouring the boiling water by hand over a filter of coffee, directly into the cup.

Nice job on tranny RNG. Glad it's fixed.

Time for church. Prayers for Bupps, Stepp's son and family, Ron, and those in need...and our country. Drew, thanks for standing up to our flag. Sorry that so many get side tracked brainwashed over things that don't really matter vs things that really matter. Perspective.

I think the most important thing is to recognize the attempt at brainwashing, and put it in it's place.