Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #149,861  
Good Morning!!!! 53F @ 5:45AM. Mostly sunny. High 82F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Still no rain in the 10-day. Fire season was officially declared for two counties north of here. The grass is very long and green, but quite dry underneath. And it needs cut.

Blaming someone else doesn't need a special day, Thomas. It's become a national pass time.

Good luck making a smooth transition, Kyle.

Good looking potatoes, Don.

Managed to get the cable to the StarLink dish run through the existing conduit out to the HughesNet dish, but just barely. It got stuck badly at three different places, then when I got it all fished it turned out to be about five feet too short. New cable on order, and I think I'll just pick up a larger piece of conduit and retrench both lines.

Also trying to figure out why the WiFi network only runs ag half the speed of the WiFi on the StarLink router. Maybe something to do with NAT, but I'm not enough of a network guy to figger it out. It doesn't help that I still haven't gotten a response from StarLink tech support and I'm still locked out of the app to make changes to the router.

Was up at the big water tank yesterday and found it was down to a quarter full. Reset the well pump controller and it ran for a couple of hours before the hole went dry, but it's a mystery why the reset tripped to begin with. Now I'm looking at some kind of water level sensor so I know when it's not filling.

Ordered a land plane from Everything attachments to help keep the new drive and loop road in shape. No telling when it'll get here, though.

Never made it to town yesterday, so that's where I'll be this afternoon.

Looks like the crew is giving up on the driveway. The rock at the top is too big to dig out, so we can't cut the slope down any more. It doesn't help that the dozer operator took too much out at the bottom, further increasing the slope. But it's all under 14% now, down from 22%, so I guess I'll have to make do. In consolation, they're moving the dirt that came out of the driveway and water tank cuts to make a level pad that will be nice for storing tractor implements. Might even be a good spot for a smaller pole barn, given enough time to settle.

With most of the earth moving done, it's probably time to get some drone shots. Maybe this morning before the wind kicks up, but I probably need to spray weeds more than play with air toys.

TGIF gang!

/ Good morning!!!! #149,862  
Is Starlink working well all day?
I've got the StarLink connection set as the main internet link, with the old HughesNet satellite as failover. I get an email every time the transition from one to the other or back happens. Yesterday I got three pairs of emails, each outage lasting less than a minute. I was also getting failure messages when using the HughtsNet as the main connection dropped, and that was several dozen times a day. So the StarLink is not only an order of magnitude faster, it's also much more reliable. And there's still no data cap, but I'm not holding my breath that won't change at some point.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,863  
Hot weather coming it seems. Yesterday our granddaughter came for a brief visit. She had just gotten her full fledged driver's license and it was the first time she had gone anywhere in a car all by herself.🤣 I can still remember how that felt myself many, many years ago.🤣🤣🤣

/ Good morning!!!! #149,865  
62 and drizzle going to 74. Been busy outside this morning.

Alien, hope the flood is ending for you.

Mostly, safe trip!

Kyle, good question about walking on the left side of the aisle...I notice some people just going down the middle and blocking both directions...probably how they drive on the roads. Good luck on the new job...making videos for the old job is a great idea.

Thomas, hope the trespassers don't come back.

Sodamo, glad Sophie's bite is better.

Don, my wife was diagnosed with alpha-gal from a lone star tick bite 3 years ago. We don't eat a lot of meat, but nothing but chicken, turkey and fish for her...as well as for me, most of the time. A friend of hers has it so bad that she can't even eat cheese, milk or gelatin products.

My wife hosted yoga yesterday, so back to the mountains for me. Finally decided to tackle the Bear Church Rocks, in the fog and drizzle...so peaceful and beautiful. Also hiked over to Jones Mountain cabin. I'll try to post a couple of pix.

Everyone that I know of having the allergy from the tick has recovered in two to five years. Two friends in NC are back to grilling steaks after four years.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,866  
Good Morning!!!! 53F @ 5:45AM. Mostly sunny. High 82F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Still no rain in the 10-day. Fire season was officially declared for two counties north of here. The grass is very long and green, but quite dry underneath. And it needs cut.

Blaming someone else doesn't need a special day, Thomas. It's become a national pass time.

Good luck making a smooth transition, Kyle.

Good looking potatoes, Don.

Managed to get the cable to the StarLink dish run through the existing conduit out to the HughesNet dish, but just barely. It got stuck badly at three different places, then when I got it all fished it turned out to be about five feet too short. New cable on order, and I think I'll just pick up a larger piece of conduit and retrench both lines.

Also trying to figure out why the WiFi network only runs ag half the speed of the WiFi on the StarLink router. Maybe something to do with NAT, but I'm not enough of a network guy to figger it out. It doesn't help that I still haven't gotten a response from StarLink tech support and I'm still locked out of the app to make changes to the router.

Was up at the big water tank yesterday and found it was down to a quarter full. Reset the well pump controller and it ran for a couple of hours before the hole went dry, but it's a mystery why the reset tripped to begin with. Now I'm looking at some kind of water level sensor so I know when it's not filling.

Ordered a land plane from Everything attachments to help keep the new drive and loop road in shape. No telling when it'll get here, though.

Never made it to town yesterday, so that's where I'll be this afternoon.

Looks like the crew is giving up on the driveway. The rock at the top is too big to dig out, so we can't cut the slope down any more. It doesn't help that the dozer operator took too much out at the bottom, further increasing the slope. But it's all under 14% now, down from 22%, so I guess I'll have to make do. In consolation, they're moving the dirt that came out of the driveway and water tank cuts to make a level pad that will be nice for storing tractor implements. Might even be a good spot for a smaller pole barn, given enough time to settle.

With most of the earth moving done, it's probably time to get some drone shots. Maybe this morning before the wind kicks up, but I probably need to spray weeds more than play with air toys.

TGIF gang!
Have you been watching the Starlink thread they were talking about how to access the router via your browser I believe. Starlink

/ Good morning!!!! #149,867  
I’ve got a Dirt Dog and it is terrific for keeping my clam shell drive level and dressed, I love it. My driveway is relatively small, 260’x16’ with two double turnouts. But my plane is only 4’ wide.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,868  
Good morning to all! Low of 46°, going up to the low 80's. Sunny, winds should only be in the 15-20 mph range.

Wifey wasn't feeling well yesterday, GI issues, mid back pain, and a slight fever. She feels a bit better this morning, but described how she was feeling as "weird". I hope it is just a quick 'bug'.

Did the weekly grocery run yesterday, got everything on the list. Then, just puttering around, vacuumed the house for the wifey, did a couple small honey-do fixes.

Taking the GS into the university again for his last final exam for the semester. He can't believe how fast the year went. While I'm waiting for him, I'll go get my cell phone battery replaced.... it goes from full charge down to 1% in about 4 hours.... without even using it. It will cost less than I thought... only $45. Going to check one more place that offers a 'lifetime guarantee'. I'm sure it will cost double, but maybe worth it.

I'll see what the weather will be like when I get back, might have time to do some more weed homicide. Also need to move some rolls of fencing and some other materials over to the 'stockpile' storage area. One of those things on the list that keeps getting moved to the bottom.....

Everyone have a productive day! TGIF !

/ Good morning!!!! #149,869  
75F and sunny @ 10:30, heading to around 83F for the high supposedly. Current soil temp 69F, 24-hour average 68.4F

Ground hog was out grazing on the weeds in the garden this morning.

Tarps don't seem to be doing much in the way of killing off the grass underneath them. Not sure why that is. Look like I will have to spray to kill it off.

Noticed yesterday that the hand pump sprayer with the crack I put the glyphosate in had pressurized from setting out in the sun and that the crack was now weeping. So that will have to be drained into another hand pump sprayer and then stripped for useable parts and the tank rinsed out and put in the trash. We have probably a half dozen or more of them around here, picked at least four of them when TSC had pairs of them on sale for cheap. A few of the older ones before that era, need some work.

The original idea was to have a sprayer dedicated to each specific thing we were using: one to spray around the foundation for insect control, one for Trimec for the lawn, one for glyphosate, one for Pramitol (or similar) for driveway weeds ... even one for soap, just for cleaning things. Don't think I ever managed to get all of them marked ... lol.

I'm sure hopper feeder needs filled so that will be on the menu first thing as I get moving. Need to put out a fresh orange half for the oriole which I have not seen for several days. Also have not seen much in the way of goldfinches, despite filling the nyjer feeders and putting them out. Seeing house finches at the hopper feeder regularly though. Looks there are two Phoebe nests under the deck.

After that get those 4 x 4's cleaned/hosed off so they can dry and be cut later for the 55 gallon drum on Water Buffalo. Need to inspect the hose for the WB as well ... think it may be cracked or split at one end. Need to see if it can be salvaged.

Then work on getting squash and pumpkin seeds planted in pots.

Will make the run to Menards/TSC/gas station probably after that.

Once I get back will refuel the Cub and finish up mowing the front.

After that probably do some transplanting of the veggie seedlings in bigger pots and better soil.

Hope everyone has a great Friday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #149,870  
67°F and .11 inches rain. Overcast, but I think the sun is trying.

Maybe 🤞some seat time today.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day