Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #150,521  
69F and cloudy @ 20:45, heading down to a low of 65F overnight.

Got another full tote of potting mix made up.

Finally managed to get the 9 additional Orienapet lily bulbs planted to go along with the original 6 while the sky was spitting at me ... and got some stakes sunk for the originals as well. Those get taller (6' - 8') than the ones I just planted.

Picture taken before I placed the stakes:

IMG_1710 copy.jpg

Still need to get a label on the originals (which are the ones which are the ones in the back that are up) though, as well as getting them tied to the stakes. Every one of the 9 which I planted today were at least "doubles" - two (or more) sprouts coming up - so pretty excited by that.

After that I started working on the tray of 4" pots which has the zucchini/yellow crookneck squash. Got 3 (of 10) pots done, yielded 9 plants ... so good germination on those. They were due:

IMG_1713 copy.jpg

Thought I'd include a picture of that east planting bed, since there's been some progress there and it's been a while since I posted any pics:

IMG_1711 copy.jpg

Woman was just remarking yesterday that She was wondering if any of the Stellas would bloom.

Oh ye of little faith ...

IMG_1712 copy.jpg

;)

Hope everyone had a reasonably decent day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #150,522  
Good morning. It's still mild for the 'last gasp' of Autumn; overnight low was only 9.6C and it's presently 17C. Sunny and calm. Just after I posted yesterday, the heavens opened up and I had some heavy rain all afternoon = 10.5mm in the gauge this morning (0900 when I manually check it for a 24hr period). My house tank is finally full after the broken/leaking pump incident of 1.5 months ago drained it to 1/5th capacity. YAY!

Early Winter should start back up again by this weekend. Still, it's a beautiful day in NE Tasmania!

Due to the unexpected rain yesterday I didn't get the garbage to the tip. I have to do that today.

Take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,523  
Meanwhile, Sharon saw her surgeon on Tuesday, and he was very impressed at how nicely her arm has healed - she says it must be all the prayers you guys sent!

Raining like stink here right now, and more rain tomorrow. Will have to be doing indoor work. Both my work room and garage are disasters right now, and need some serious tidying.

There are still quite a few people without power from the Saturday storm. The death toll is now up to 11, and I learned that 900,000 people were without power all across southern Ontario and Quebec! It was a very narrow band, but very vicious! They called it a “derecho”, Which I have never heard of before, but apparently it is very rare.

Watched the movie “Three Mile Island“ the other night, very scary. It seems like there are a number of nuclear power plants that have and/or had problems. And here I thought that nuclear power was very safe!

/ Good morning!!!! #150,524  
Watched the movie “Three Mile Island“ the other night, very scary. It seems like there are a number of nuclear power plants that have and/or had problems. And here I thought that nuclear power was very safe!
Well it is very safe, technology has vastly improved since the time of the "Three Mile Island" incident and the building of the facility. The same with Chernobyl.

And, of course, movies are made to entertain.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,525  
No I am not going to Lexington @Kyle_in_Tex

Wife and I are going to the local airport this weekend for the breakfast/fly in. The “Beach City Baby” is coming ”home” after a restoration. It sat for 24 years at another local airport before being bought and restored. I toured this airplane when I was 9 years old or so when it was “Ohio State 1” and was at the New Philadelphia airport when the governor was in town.

It has been restored to it’s WWII C-53 configuration and will be here all weekend. Oddly, I feel I need to do another tour

What years was it the governors plane?
196711xx_AirportDedicationGovPlane.jpeg

This is Ohio governor plane in 1967

/ Good morning!!!! #150,526  
Funny wildlife day today, sitting out on the back steps this morning having my coffee and a fair size bobcat calmly walked past and started rolling around on the "lawn" for about a minute. I went and looked at the spot, it was a patch of catnip. never seen that before lol makes sense I guess.
Headed out a bit later for a grocery and beer run, a turkey launched itself from about 8ft up a roadside hill and skidded across the hood of my truck. It landed across the road and walked into the woods unharmed. That certainly woke me up.
They say it comes in threes, on the way home after a few more errands a beautiful red-tailed hawk swooped down, landed in the road and grabbed a chipmunk and took off. Fortunately saw it soon enough to hit the skids and stop. Don't really need any more cardio stimulation today :eek:.

Quite a day.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,527  
Pictures and read you post I'm not surprise...your E Bunny. ;)
Yeah ... think I might have overdid it just a bit yesterday ... ;)

Today the Woman was going to call the office of our old Chiropractor who retired and see if his associate was still practicing (always cracks me up to say that ... :LOL:)

Never did find out the outcome on that.

On your situation, was in a similar place myself at one point (2014): ejection fraction down in the low 20's, pretty irregular heartbeat with lots of PVC's.

Mainly appears to have stemmed from failing to take my heart meds (beta-blocker and ACE inhibitor) regularly from 2007 on and a pretty sedentary lifestyle without much physical activity.

Got back on those and a couple of years ago when I had testing done my current cardiologist said he made my EF to be over 50% (55% maybe ?) ... so a vast improvement.

At the time (in 2014) my then cardiologist referred me to an electrocardiologist (who I wasn't terribly impressed with) that wanted me to get an ICD.

Decided to forego that for variety of reasons - not being able to weld being one of them, as well as the cost - instead opting to get back on the meds religiously and stay more physically active on a regular basis.

Point of all this being: 1. never hurts to get a second opinion, and 2. don't sell the meds short on what they can do.

Of course, that's just my experience and opinion and I'm not a physician, let alone yours specifically.

You're the one that's there and have to make the call.

Best of luck with whatever route you decide to go.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,528  
They called it a “derecho”, Which I have never heard of before, but apparently it is very rare.

Just a newer word to describe a long linear storm front. One came across eastern US a few years ago that caused a lot of damage and outages.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,529  
Good evening all. 52ºF for the start, clear, light breeze. Moderate west wind today, sky mostly clear all day, and high temp was 81ºF, HI 82ºF. Puttered till time to ride bike, cool temps caused delay. Mowed and napped after lunch. Into town for dinner and groceries. Still need to get truck inspected. Will try tomorrow.
Doug enjoy the pool playing. I could never bike that long without some food :)
Dennis sorry you're up so early.
Drew hope you are ready in time.
Buppies thanks for info.
Thomas good to hear back on limited duty.
Bill good to hear trailer progress continues, and good info on biting kitties.
Don sorry you are back in south wind so quick. we don't get south wind until tomorrow.
Dennis sorry about motivation MIA.
Ken glad you go lower field taken care of, sounds like you have a few more trees to go. nice pics
Rich good to hear plenty busy after retirement.
Ted good luck with trans planting project, just keep plugging away.
Paul hope your friend can retrieve the spring. Sometimes I will ask the salesperson to grab article and put my name on it so I can get and go. Hope flight was safe and uneventful.
Chris sorry about the amount of mowing, hope talk with neighbor goes well.
RS sorry about cramps, watching the electrolyte and fluid replacement helps me a lot, yellow mustard when muscles actively cramping. Hope you were able to get mowing done before rain and get more done on Kubota.
David keep the healing going, 2 months in hospital long time.
PJ hope you don't get washed away.
Don looks like you will get good potato crop.
Buppies quite cool for end of May here. That will change tomorrow.
Drew good to hear visit with sis went well. I agree gun conrol not good topis here.
Buppies impressive mileage. My Explorer got 26 mpg going to Missouri and back.
Don I think I would follow you for those cookies :)
NHBX nice pics
NHBX that does sound like intense cardio stimuli.
Well said Dennis and Kyle.
Rich had to look up what C-53 is. Sounds exciting.
RS nice pics and progress.
Randy(wag) you must have impressive water collection, it took less rain than I got in 36 hours to fill your tank! Good to hear tank full, and return to more seasonable weather
James good to hear wife healed from fall. Not sure how accurate movie is, problems not unusual, safety systems anticipate problems and reduce the consequences.
RS good pep talk about your heart experience. I will be getting update ultrasound on heart in next year or 2.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid, Bird/aging issues/, Don /mom's pipeline process, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments /MIL Covid /son's FIL death /new(2) cancer surgeries not needed :) /cataract surgery, Roy /palpitations, /angina , Billy /wife fall, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /3 new skin cancer spots and treatment, /wife head wound healing, / Bup and wife fever recovery and buppies's fall, Thomas/gout, /operation and recovery, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery/retirement, / passing out issues, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Doug and wife/health issues, /nerve and pain, / wife's hospital stay, /torn bicep, Ken/tree fall injuries, / kids shot tragedy, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, /cataract surgery, /Sophie's hand infection, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, Paul/ wife's disc issues, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis /root canal work, /retirement plans / brother "alligallyitus" and improving, Drew /friend cancer diagnosis and recovery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Ukraine war, mass shooting victims and family, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,530  
Dump and town run done. Wow! The mosquitoes are out in full force and brutal today. Of course it rained this afternoon and the power was out for 3 hours. The generator ran for about 2.5 of the 3 hours. I called the outage into Hydro-One (the power company) and they came out and wiped the rain water off the 70 year old wires.
A few years ago I came home in a driving downpour...the rain stopped, the sun came out and the power went off. I called that one in too. Told the girl that answered on the other end of the 'outage line' that the power stayed on all through out the downpour but went out when the sun came out, so the wires got hit with some sunshine. She did NOT appreciate the comment. I sure did.

My bed is calling me. One of the newly it'ed cats is sleeping under my bed.