Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #151,821  
BEF, great pic of your dad! Looks like he spotted you.

Doug.... it must be Sunday there now..... how did the flying go?

PJ, I apparently missed posting about the gravel / dirt mixup. Use the old stuff as a base / backing like you said. Less dirt needed that way.

Another T-storm this afternoon! Woohoo! Wasn't a big storm, I think maybe 1/8", but we'll take any we can get!

Got the next planter all assembled and the top rail sanded, ready for stain. Got too worn out to do it late this afternoon.... tomorrow is another day.

Also relocated the bird feeder post. Attempted to use a "bulb planter auger" for a pilot hole and then sledgehammer the 2" post.... that worked for about 6" of depth..
Second attempt was to use my manual post hole digger..... nope, soil way too hard.
Third attempt... put the other stuff away and get the tractor / PHD already attached and ready to go..... DONE! (Must have had a senior moment because that was my first thought / plan to use the tractor..... really don't know why I didn't). DUH....
Mate, I had a fabulous day. Couldn't have gone better. Nobody to do video sadly. Plane lifted off itself, lots of aerobatics and it would climb vertical until it was hard to see. Engine is a honey. Couldn't be happier with the way it starts/runs.
One flick of the prop every time. Never had a engine that good before. I did lots of touch and goes, low flying and low level loops. No flame outs. Bought her home in one piece. :)
Also flew a couple of wings which flew well. Hadn't flown them for over a year or more.

/ Good morning!!!! #151,822  
2022-06-18, 0424
Up way way too early!

50° right now. Cool day today, staying at the mid-50's. Drizzling right now...
Main chores, in a few hours, is a dump run, then a haircut. I'm thinking about a buzz cut this time.
Calling for showers...that's good, but I would like to do some mowing and I do have a dozen or so branches I want to chip. Tomorrow...cool (mid 60's) but clear...we'll see how the chores go

Was a bit too wet to go out and try the EGO light I'd written about yesterday. No doubt, the light could handle it...I just didn't want to get wet.
I can attest, at max lumens, this thing is blindingly bright...I'd guess pretty short battery life though. That's fine...doubt we ever use max lumens

/ Good morning!!!! #151,823  
Picture This:

So I'm at the shopping mall today, parked in one of the 4 handicapped designated parking spaces in that area (blue painted stalls, and an obvious double-sided vertical signage, held upright by a concrete filled automotive wheel / rim, the sign is moveable) - I'm returning to my truck, cane in hand as I unlock door ...

Young guy, about 20 yrs old, quickly pulls into the handicapped stall beside me, jumps out (of what I think is probably his mommy's Toyota) and darts towards the mall entrance ... he's about 10 feet away from me.

My Observation and Irritation Skills are on alert, as there is no signage in mommy's car, and the kid is as spry as you can imagine for an athlete. There is no indication at all that he needs the "convenient" handicapped designated space that he now occupies. So, what's a guy to do ? (Being polite, in my mind - I'm going to call him "Dippy Do")

He's close by still, so I get his attention and simply ask "Do you require that designated parking space ?" - best not to assume, as there may be a reason ... He heard my question, looks, ignores any response, and basically flips me the bird as he runs to the entrance. Another gentleman saw the whole thing, and also tries to get Dippy-Do's attention, saying Hey Buddy? do you need to park there ? Dippy Do flips him the bird also and carries on his mission.

It occurred to me that 1) I have an idea 2) I have a few extra minutes and 3) justice can be swift, 4) without any arguing. (me bad :) ) ... I decided that my best solution is to put the (heavy) sign directly in front of his bumper. Then it occurred to me that Mr. Oblivious Dippy-Do probably wouldn't even notice my effort of a strategically placed sign.

Plan B - I take the sign and carefully place it near the offending vehicle. I did not touch the vehicle at all, and neither did the sign. I decided that it would be IMPOSSIBLE for Dippy-Do to ignore an obvious and non-verbal message with sign placed 3 inches away from , and directly centred and in the way of the driver's door :) When he returns to mommy's car he will need to move the heavy sign, in order to get back into the vehicle. That would be goal accomplished, even if no impact on Dippy-Do.

Too bad that I had no extra time to hang around and wait and see what happened next. He should be thanking me that a ticket was not issued.

it was satisfying, even if not nice

/ Good morning!!!! #151,824  
Fuddy sad times indeed

Scaredy when my father was alive he was declared 75 percent disabled by the military due to wound his leg calf side missing but he handled it very well. In his late 70s it was affecting him so he used handicap parking. One gentleman yelled at him for 10 minutes for using handicapped parking space. He just kept moving away with man screaming at him. People can be cruel

prayers for Toppop prayers for all

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #151,825  
good morning all
much cooler day, almost feel guilty with you guys sweltering out West.
Going to be cloudy and 68 degrees today, all day, great day for finishing my mowing.
But....boy are my hands puffed up. If I try to straighten my fingers out, ouch. I guess I should sit here and rub CBD oil on knuckles.
But, knock on wood, my neck still feels pretty good.

Toppop, sorry you are stuck there. We are all praying for you. Get better.

Scaredy, good story. Thursday afternoon I'm sitting in my car, killing time before epidural appt. Parking spaces were admittedly small.
Lady pulls up next to me in small red car, shortly after, BAM. Door wacks into my car. WTH. I role down my window and yelled out Lady you just hit my car.
Who Me? No way!
Really?
Did I imagine that bang and jiggle in my car?
Luckily it will wax out.
Clueless.
I always try to stick my hand on the door if it's close.

Good reason to try to park away from clueless people.

/ Good morning!!!! #151,827  
much cooler day, almost feel guilty with you guys sweltering out West.
Going to be cloudy and 68 degrees today, all day, great day for finishing my mowing.
Don't feel guilty. I don't feel guilty when we have 60˚ weather in the Winter and ya'll are in a blizzard. ;)
The weather today: will make Drew feel very very guilty, ARG. However at this moment before sunrise it is cooler outside (71˚) than inside (73˚).

Randy hope your feel good hours continue to grow and you get released soon.

/ Good morning!!!! #151,828  
Don are you reading Larry Cosgrove re weather

/ Good morning!!!! #151,829  
51F several more degrees for the high mostly cloudy day breezy.

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Plans for today...Pickup needs good bubble bath other than that putter.

Enjoy your day all

These two also enjoying date last evening.

Attachments

• 6-19-22.jpg
    6-19-22.jpg
    693.4 KB · Views: 52