Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #152,641  
Good Morning! 76-100˚F Sunny day, South wind at 10mph.

In the news - The FCC approved SpaceX satellite internet to vehicles in motion, which includes cruise ships! Royal Caribbean has been testing Star Link. I usually disconnect for a week and just read a couple books, it is nice, so I don't know if this really affects me. The RC app stays active on the ship and that is where the menus are located along with time and place of any entertainment. ( I guess all activities and menus are preloaded for your specific cruise). I usually keep my phone on airplane mode so I can continue to use the app without roaming fees.

My Costco hearing aids are on the blink and turns itself on/off/on/off and each time announces it in my ear. They are about 9-10 years old so I'll be looking at the new technology available. Any body have a feature that is a must have on hearing aids? I may just need a new Compilot. I think Medicare pays $500 every 2-3 years for a hearing aid.

RNG is there a drone trespass law in California?

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #152,643  
RNG is there a drone trespass law in California?
Good question, Don.

Yes, there are:

Law section

(a) A person is liable for physical invasion of privacy when the person knowingly enters onto the land or into the airspace above the land of another person without permission or otherwise commits a trespass in order to capture any type of visual image, sound recording, or other physical impression of the plaintiff engaging in a private, personal, or familial activity and the invasion occurs in a manner that is offensive to a reasonable person.
(b) A person is liable for constructive invasion of privacy when the person attempts to capture, in a manner that is offensive to a reasonable person, any type of visual image, sound recording, or other physical impression of the plaintiff engaging in a private, personal, or familial activity, through the use of any device, regardless of whether there is a physical trespass, if this image, sound recording, or other physical impression could not have been achieved without a trespass unless the device was used.
(c) An assault or false imprisonment committed with the intent to capture any type of visual image, sound recording, or other physical impression of the plaintiff is subject to subdivisions (d), (e), and (h).
(d) A person who commits any act described in subdivision (a), (b), or (c) is liable for up to three times the amount of any general and special damages that are proximately caused by the violation of this section. This person may also be liable for punitive damages, subject to proof according to Section 3294. If the plaintiff proves that the invasion of privacy was committed for a commercial purpose, the person shall also be subject to disgorgement to the plaintiff of any proceeds or other consideration obtained as a result of the violation of this section. A person who comes within the description of this subdivision is also subject to a civil fine of not less than five thousand dollars ($5,000) and not more than fifty thousand dollars ($50,000).

/ Good morning!!!! #152,645  
Good morning! 69 now, supposed to get to 86 with rain off and on.

Did you get some rain @rswyan? weather radar showed some north of us. We got some here. Looks like more may be on the way.

Just had a quiet day yesterday. Some yard work, garage work, then chicken on the grill for supper. Sat outside while we burned some of the branches from downed trees.

Not sure what today will bring.

Get well soon @toppop52

Everyone stay safe out there

/ Good morning!!!! #152,647  
Got an arm full
IMG_5265.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #152,648  
Good morning to all! Low of 62°, going up to the low 80's, slight chance of a T-storm..... broken record.....

I am surprised that we haven't gotten a single drop over the last 4 days.... all the hype and useless forecasts....

The drip irrigation is getting turned back on to say the least.

Good to hear from you Randy, hope you get better soon!

RNG, hope the authorities will actually do something about the neighbor....at least maybe a warning.

Two neighbors here put on a good fireworks show last night, seemed to be in competition with each other. One would shoot off a few... then the other shot off a few..... back and forth for about an hour. There were a few of the "cheapie" type, but a lot of the big aerial ones. From our front porch, perfect view for one, the other was at around the 9 0'clock position and they were further away. We got to see $$$ in fireworks without spending a cent. Cool.

I was very pleased that Max didn't even give the fireworks a second thought. The first 'crackles' he heard from firecrackers, he barked once, looked out the door, and went back to his bed. Even the big boomers didn't bother him.

Today's agenda includes finishing up the mulch in the backyard. Probably not much after that.... aside from recuperating.

We have outdoor solar / battery decorative lights hanging on the fence row. A few of them stopped lighting after dark. Replaced the batteries in those, but one does not trip on after dark. If you put your hand over the little solar panel, (simulating to getting dark) it trips on.... every time. Put it back out...nope, no light after dark. Might see if I can troubleshoot it.

Everyone have a great day and late start to the week!

/ Good morning!!!! #152,649  
75°F and clear skies this morning, going up to 101° today. Same for tomorrow. Gonna be hot here this week.

You guys are busy. Still have some catching up to do.

We had a nice, quiet Independence Day weekend here. Back to work today, though.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,650  
... only got a shot or two off into the new backstop before the neighbor complained. ... Next thing you know there's a drone headed for my head, came about 10' from me. ... Just another in a long string of run ins with that jerk.
We used to have a neighbor like that to our east. Complained every time we shot. Once, he drove out into the middle of his field and sat there in his truck until we stopped shooting clay pigeons out in our field. The last time he called the sheriff on us, we had a long talk with the deputy about his long-running legal feud with my Wife's grandmother. The deputy went over to his place and had a little talk with him. No idea what was said, but he never called on us again. He eventually sold the property and moved away. New neighbor back there shoots more than we do.

With any luck, your jerk will do the same.

Last edited: