Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #152,682  
Randy, glad to hear from you. Glad we didn't have to send the break out force.

I’ve got to count roof screws this morning. This roof was installed in 2006 and in need of some TLC. A good power wash with mold/mildew treatment but most of the screws exhibit some rust, replacement maybe best option. Likely around 3k screws but I need an accurate break down by size before I attempt ordering.
If it's just a sheet metal roof, you might consider stainless screws, being so close to the ocean.

For my portable Miller I use the 20oz-24oz co2 paint ball small gas bottles from Academy Sports and Outdoors. It may be an option to test before you invest in a large bottle.

I called Airgas today. They don't sell Argon bottles at the moment. Only rent for now until they get supply back up. $0.80/day. Bottle costs about $75 to exchange. Tractorsupply sells a big bottle for $300. I need to make sure it has the DOT and proper stamps on it. I think rental is the way to go, until I verify the welder's operation.

Which player ? Team? When?

Don't go getting a melanoma!
I've found good use for my old white long sleeved shirts I used to have to wear 30 years ago. And the ties can be used for sweatbands!
Agent: NHL goalie prospect Ivan Fedotov sent to Russian military base
I want to say I saw pictures of some guys herding him into a van and driving away.

Wifey made a big batch of spaghetti. Filled us all up. Son can eat quite a pile of it himself. He has grown 2" in since Mar 17th. Wow.

Eeees hot. 101F today.

I saw it will get up near 107 near PJS...

Going to watch Terminal List 1st episode if I can stay awake.

RNG, I like the birdshot idea. Sorry about your neighbors. People like that make it hard to keep your patience in place.

There is a law here in Texas about the minimum amount of land you need to shoot a gun. Can't remember the amount, but I know 5 acres isn't enough.

Prayers for our team mates, our country, and Ukraine.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,683  
Good (Wednesday) morning. It's slightly milder for a Winter's low of 2.4C, and I've received 1.3mm of rain by 0900. The BoM predicts a high of 14C but it's only 9C now @ 1140.

As the adage goes; "no good deed goes unpunished". My Minister is on a month's vacation and I volunteered to have the Church phone transferred to my phone to handle requests for mattresses/frames/used household furniture/etc... from those in need. I've since learnt that he used that 'line' for a lot of his personal calls. So now I'm fielding all sorts of calls. I now need to go into town and open up the Church Hall, at 1830, for an AA meeting. Oh well.

It's 'into town for mail & groceries' day.

Take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,684  
A nice sunset tonight....

2BD11097-B9B3-4110-9B98-36811A5B4F23.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #152,685  
Successful trip to Kona
Got this PW
IMG_0316.JPG

Still need to unload and assemble, maybe even test run. Expecting it to be the last pw I buy.

E0 gas was $6.099 at Costco.

Disappointing stop in Waimea. Sign on DQ door “Permanently Closed”. Combined with the Chinese buffet not being available, Sophie doesn’t see much reason to stop in Waimea . Not exactly true, we know where the available restrooms are.

Tonights dinner out postponed to Thu.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,686  
76F and mostly cloudy @ 22:45, heading down to a low of 72F. High hit 93F here today.

Just came in a bit ago just as it was starting to sprinkle, thunderstorm headed in. Rich likely to be in the path.

Got hummingbird feeder rehung and shepard's hook put in, in the middle of the front lawn. Also Japanese beetle trap assembled, baited and hung as well.

Garbage hauled up to the can at the road and set out, also recyclables hauled up.

Last 10 asparagus bare root plants potted after making a trip up for some screened compost to make more potting soil. Also did 6 more rhubarb bare roots tonight. Assuming all 9 make it, that should be enough for us, family, and friends. First three plants are doing well.

Made two more trips up for a cart of screened compost, used that to add to the edges of the garden bed. Likely to need a couple more dump cart loads to finish it up so more planting can occur.

Largest tomato plant out in the garden is now above the 2' tall cage, Woman says I need to make another 4' tall cage up. Probably 2' tall ones as well for the smaller stuff.

There's 7 zucchini on 5 plants, should be ready to pick in a couple more days.

During one of those trips down from the screened compost pile this little guy made the mistake of heading through the northeast planting bed into the yard probably foraging for something to eat. He's now up on the burn pile with his siblings:

IMG_1820 copy.jpg

Four shells, three coon kits.

Located Rocky's remains while I was up loading screened compost before that. Assume some bird of prey picked him off the pile, not much more than skin and bones left at this point.

Woman ran out and did a little shopping, stopped by Wasabi Express and brought home the Steak and Shrimp for dinner, still have some for tomorrow.

The same 2 yellow crookneck squash at the back of the frog pond were pulled up again today. Replanted those plus got one of the last two slated for back there planted at the end of the row, still one left to go.

Hope everyone had a great day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #152,687  
   / Good morning!!!! #152,688  
Good advice Drew. And make sure people have access. Sadly, when my BIL passed unexpectedly last Nov I think the Funeral folks took advantage. Because his wife knew he wanted a memorial service, they convinced her that meant open casket etc costing north of 40k. Luckily she could afford it, but putting that away for her grandson’s education may have been a better use. Two days after planting him we found his written instructions - cremation.
Me, I tell anyone who listens, just scatter my ashes in the pet cemetery and have a party.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,689  
Good evening all. Sorry about no post yesterday, but did not get home from fireworks till after 10:30 pm. July 4 WX 81ºF for start, clear sky, light breeze. Moderate wind with brisk gust at times, clear sky, and high temp was 99ºF, HI 103ºF. Finish decoration on golf cart for parade, then drive to line up. Parade took around 40 minute to drive., we dropped off when passing in front of house but almost done at that point. Went to help with Fish club boat rides for a couple hours, then home for nap. After dinner, launched boat and went to watch fireworks, after fireworks tied up at neighbor's dock, walked home and collapsed. Today WX 74ºF for start, clear sky, light breeze. Moderate wind with brisk gusts, clear sky, and high temp of 100ºF, HI 103ºF. Recover boat on trailer and drop in normal place in driveway. Bike ride, then lunch and mow back yard( golf course closed today due to holiday). Nap then off to town for dinner and shopping. Gas down to 4.16/gal. :)
Sunday night posts.
Randy(wag) Sorry to hear about more flooding.
Ted I suspect you are better off with one that has been running more.
Don Sorry about the fire so close. Praying it is not an issue for you.
Scaredy sorry clog still issue. Glad good visit with family members. Sorry about rear hatch window.
Ted sounds like better than productive day. Congrats on having such good luck with getting so much help. Nice pics. Hope project finishes with out further issues.
Monday Morning posts:
Scaredy congrats on moose sighting, sorry about no pic.
David congrats on Makani not leaving room.
Don I would guess guilty and smart. hope whipper did ok with fireworks
Thomas hope day went well, and you got your goodies.
Drew have fun with High School friend. TR6 sounds like a fun change with more soul.
NHBX Sounds you had a nice day on the 4th.
Dennis hope you mad it out of bed. Hope the tractor repiar goes well.
Dennis had mocking bird start using some of the sounds from one my Garmin GPS units, took weeks to figure out what was going on :)
Paul Sorry you got so dehydrated. Easy to do :(. Glad you made progress. Pork looks wonderful. Hope pool hanging around went well. nice pics.
Kyle I only mix limited quanites of fuel. I have a graduated cylinder that will measure oil for 1 quart of gas at 24 to 1. Congrats on getting your hair back. Hope you cn get MillerMatice up to speed. Nice link.
KilRoy What OSHA doea not know, will not hurt them. Sorry about pen failure, and damage to other laundry.
Dennis good to hear you made it out of bed :) Thanks for newspaper pic.
Storm sorry to hear about your neighbor. Good to hear the dogs are getting along.
RNG Nice you are getting some nice weather and visitor. Have to wonder the cost of the heads or the the fact they appearently were not ready to bolt on, ruined their potential popularity. hope range christening went well.
Drew nice haul.
Ted sorry your rain chance evaporated. Hope mulch progressed.
RS Hope you agenda went well.
RS hope you did not burn.
Davit good luck wih roof screw replacement.
Dennis glad you got ZT oil and trannie oil changed.
Roy nice way to celabrate the 4th
Drew glad you got a run in the TR6 :)
Thomas did not know Lil Boo reading TBN :)
Drew sorry to hear about nose. prayers sent.
Don glad hike went well. and breaking up more scar tissue. Very good news on fire, except for drone in the way.
Drew when the subdision does thie fireworks the local VFD is there ready to go.
Ted nice progress on mulch, hope trimmer workdoes not take too long.
Randy(wag) Glad the cool wather is not big impact on plans.
RS sorry about mulch issue, nice work on Rock's buddies. hope you get rain.
This morning posts:
David that is a lot of sdrewing time!
KilRoy glad you are getting some BBQ time. Thanks for potato recipe
Drew hope you get some rain and maintenance done on mower.
Thomas hope shep projec did not get bigger because of Lil Boo's interference.
Billy Glad 4th went well.
Randy good to hear from you, not like you to not post at all.
Buppies glad you are getting beach time with wife, sorry to hear about lack of memory. Hope her knee is improving.
More catching up later.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid, Bird/aging issues/, Don /mom's pipeline process, /fire nearby, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments /MIL Covid /son's heart issues, /pneumonia and not posting, Roy /palpitations, /angina , Billy /wife fall, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /3 new skin cancer spots and treatment, /wife knee healing, Thomas/gout, /operation and recovery, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery/retirement, / passing out issues, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Doug and wife/health issues, /nerve and pain, / wife's hospital stay, /torn bicep, Ken /kids shot tragedy, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, /cataract surgery, /Sophie's hand infection, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /aches abd pains and spasms, Paul/ wife's disc issues, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis /retirement plans / brother "alligallyitus" and improving, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend cancer diagnosis and recovery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Ukraine war, mass shooting victims and family, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.