Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #152,831  
well, well, sure glad we were conservative Paul.
hope you feel absolutely nothing
it is now officially a headache for you basically gluing you there.

Hmm, if I wear a mask, and you are bored to tears stuck at home, although unlikely, give a holler.
Always looking for a silver lining. We just have to stay masked and distanced.

it must be the alpacas. You know that Chinese alpaca your wife got last year?..........

/ Good morning!!!! #152,832  
Interesting find, Drew.
If an organizational budget challenge your suggestion might make a very nice legacy gift.
funny you should mention legacy gifts...
My church/Meeting gets my largest bequest in my will.
Money for an endowment that basically replaces my annual giving, in perpetuity.
Simplify that to take 25 times your annual donation, at least, and leave it to an endowment where only the
gain can be spent, usually at a 4-5% draw.

I could get more specific in my will since our graveyard is an ancient property, and our Meeting has a trust relationship
both morally and legally to all the inhabitants of the graveyard, our 3,702 souls.
So we have separate funds just to provide income to maintain the graveyard.

And may nothing so terrible ever happen where we aren't able to provide perpetual care.

there's a specialty part of the Law that deals with abandoned graveyards. What is owed, regardless of what was promised?

In another 300 years, there will be a mowing
robot named Drew, in his Massey Autonomous Mowing Unit, lined in slippery plastic, moving steadily through the graveyard.
Autonomous Mowing Unit Drew will say good morning to every soul as he goes by quietly,
electrically humming old Peter Paul & Mary songs.

Autonomous Kubota Mowing Unit Paul will come along playing his sax
Autonomous Mowing Unit Ken will come and supervise, the final sweep, no wispies.
A Mercedes mower? I didn't know a mower could smoke a cigar.
Actually Ken has a very nice Massey.

The head of a local Quaker organization is a graveyard fan David. It's her hobby. I'll get our alphabetical data to her and she hopefully can have that data
flow out to a location map based on our grid. Or someday, by gps.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,833  
I’d like to say that it’s a good morning, but it seems like my alligator repellant has let me down. Good thing is that I don’t even think the bite qualifies as as scratch, but it was definitely identifiable as alligator inflicted.
:oops: Keep close watch those critter can give quick nasty infection.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,834  
daugen
I have a buddy who has converted his spare ZT to a fully autonomous one. He found a GPS unit that makes it accurate to within 5 mm. Amazing to watch. Grinds my teeth when it hits a stone though. LOL

/ Good morning!!!! #152,835  
May the alligator bites be minor.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,836  
filter for JD X390 trans came in. Easy youtube video showing both drain plugs.
Gallon of Hytran on order, already have one quart. 50 hour service, I guess to get the assembly junk out.
very small filter

Attachments

• IMG_1003 (1).JPG
    IMG_1003 (1).JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
   / Good morning!!!! #152,837  
I would have to say that half of the trimming is done. Had a nice southerly breeze keeping the temps comfortable until about 15:00. Came inside and ate an early dinner. Went back out for about another 45 minutes, but the breeze stopped and the temps felt a lot hotter! We hit 89 according to out thermometer.

Another bite will get taken tomorrow. The strong rays of sunshine shriveled up the weed cuttings within an hour after cutting. Some areas look like there was never any trimmings even on the ground.

Drew, that was a historical find for sure! Hopefully others will see the value and you can get it preserved and displayed!

Paul, hope the alligator was a small one and the bite will heal quickly!

RNG, glad you made it safely, now have some fun!

The courtyard plans have changed once again.... the walkway is going back to wood border and crushed stone. Wifey had a point that if we needed to make changes in the future, the wood / gravel walkway could easily be altered, concrete.... well not so easy.

Using the wood borders and gravel will also allow doing little bits at a time. That way, no rush to get a bigger section done and rushing to get the concrete trailer back within the 2 hour limit. I enjoy doing projects, not rushing them.

Time to go put the knee up and relax. Have a pleasant evening!

/ Good morning!!!! #152,838  
Good late (Saturday) morning. Another mild overnight low of 8C, overcast and the wind has abated. There was 1mm of rain in the gauge as of 0900 but there has been intermittent showers since. The predicted high may reach 11C, it's 10C now.

Into town yesterday to open the Church's storage shed for a lady looking for a 'comfy' chair, which we have a few examples of. Short story is that the selected chair (actually, any of them) really wouldn't have fit in the back of her car so we loaded it onto the bed of my ute and I followed her to where she lived. It wasn't that far and it would've been a struggle for her.

I'll set up the alternate paddocks (#3/4/5) for the agisted horses to be transferred whenever the owner can get here in amongst the scattered showers.

Take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,839  
Good evening all. Today is actual birthday. 76ºF for the start, clear sky, light breeze. Moderate wind with brisk gusts, and high temp was 104ºF HI 108ºF. Bike ride to start morning, not enough time to walk trimmer, so cleaned up for lunch. Went to new Mexican place average salsa and below average chips. Chicken fajitas were dry, and less flavorful. Will try fish tacos next time. Wife's tortilla soup disappointed her as well. Nap shortly after getting back from lunch. leftovers for dinner :).
Scaredy good work on the clog.
Drew Good work on data preservation. Hope meeting went well, hope steering wheel went well.
Drew good question on golf cart, best options are when it is time for new batteries, upping voltage is normally part of process of improved performance.
Buppies great no sunburn, glad you and wife are getting quality time.
NHBX glad to hear truck passed inspection, good luck on fix or replace decision.
Oosik glad cooler and dryer for you.
Mike I do cold better than humidity. Hope you can get milk house back on track this weekend.
Thomas glad you got a note, hope rest of day went well.
Don sorry about no whipper care hope she does/did well at celebration.
Drew hope new filter works.
Kyle yes today is the day. Thank you. Hope ice skating went well.
James sorry about the low water temps. They are about 90ºF here.
Dennis glad you got some rain.
PJ sounds like nice weather for weekend. Hope you can get kayaks out.
Ted glad rain chances improving. Nice progress yesterday, hope the same today.
David sorry about no hose bibb. Wife was always in good mood when she beat me at golf, which was normal most of our marriage.
RNG glad you made no problems. No idea on pressure washer.
RS hope you get mulch order worked out. plenty on today's agenda.
Drew neat find in bank box. Glad lunch went good.
Paul sorry to hear of the bite hope minimal side effects.
Drew like the robot story :)
Drew hope trannie filter/fluid change goes well.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid, Bird/aging issues/, Don /mom's pipeline process, /fire nearby, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments /MIL Covid /son's heart issues, /pneumonia and not posting, Roy /palpitations, /angina , Billy /wife fall, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /3 new skin cancer spots and treatment, /wife knee healing, Thomas/gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery/retirement, / passing out issues, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Doug and wife/health issues, /nerve and pain, / wife's hospital stay, /torn bicep, Ken /kids shot tragedy, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, /cataract surgery, /Sophie's hand infection, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /wife not feeling well, /marriage, Paul/ wife's disc issues, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis /retirement plans / brother "alligallyitus" and improving, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend cancer diagnosis and recovery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Ukraine war, mass shooting victims and family, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,840  
105 years?
Yes!

Today is my wife's Great Aunt Gladys's 105th Birthday!

We thought we were going to loose her last week but it turn out she was just dehydrated, when she was taken to the hospital, and she is back to her perky self. Her Birthday was held in the activities room of her assisted living and she did not want to be pushed in a wheelchair down the hall. She walked with her walker (and passed two other walkers) going down the hallway, just like she does every day. Of her 5 siblings only her youngest brother is still alive but the rest of the siblings kids, her nieces and nephews or great nieces and nephews of her older siblings helped her celebrate. She just went to the Assisted living after her 102nd birthday so this is the first we have seen her since 2020 because of the covid restrictions.

Whipper was the perfect dog on the trip and at the pet friendly assisted living center.

During the 6 hour drive round trip we found gasoline for just $3.999 at the crowded Buc-ee's. Filled up going there and coming back home, 1/2 tank each way. Coming back home the temperature was 107˚, the hottest day of the year so far.

While we were driving our Ring motion detection camera went off at the house and an Amazon delivery girl was putting a package on the front porch and jumped back and yelled "OH MY GOD!!!" She backed up and put the package closer to the door and then went way around whatever scared her. We were curious what was on out of camera view side of the front porch. When we got home we cautiously approached the front door but found nothing but the package. Twilight zone music. . . .

Last edited: