Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #154,151  
Got loader and mower on tractor. Dad didn’t think I could get it on by myself since the arms were too low to drive under. I had to back in beside it to get close enough to hook up hydraulic lines, raise arms by curling bucket. Then I could hook up normal.
Let dad take first try
View attachment 757270

Then he had me mow the rest of that field.
Hit a hornets nest, fortunately they didn’t follow me when I hit it, and next pass I saw them swarming ahead of me, and I backed out quickly.
View attachment 757271
After I told dad, he drove his old car down and I took picture thru window, then he ran over the nest. I was afraid he would get hung up and we would be stuck in the swarm.
View attachment 757272
Your father looking good. (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #154,153  
Washington would come up to Philadelphia for the Continental Congresses in the beginning and I think since New Hope is the last stop over before the Delaware River and then NJ, NJ where the bad guys were. I grew up looking at Bowman's Hill Tower to the South from the front porch of our farmhouse, my father always had a good pair of binoculars, probably from WWII, and we would
look at Bowman's Hill Tower, this tall stone tower marking a look out spot watching over the River and particularly downstream to Trenton where the Hessians were. Ken's home is quite close to the Tower, I can only imagine the summer weekend traffic of looky lous gazing at the historic houses, barns, horses, etc etc and soon there are long lines of cars winding through the woods.
And worse, lots of motorcycle groups making a huge amount of noise.
This area draws a lot of tourists/motorists/interesting cars/motorcycles. Lots and lots of motorcycles.
The same ones that thunder past my Quaker Meeting on a quiet Sunday morning. We sit not far off the old, original Durham Road, heavily traveled from the beginning.
I don't think I would mind clippety clop...

all of these homes Kyle have had additions built, many early on as folks got more prosperous. It's fun to see how the stone changes and even the mortaring technique.
if you have unlimited funds you can exactly duplicate the original style but folks also wanted something more modern. I grew up in a frame addition on the end of the frame kitchen
added to the original stone home. And my bedroom had a door to the outside. A door of freedom. I learned to walk in the pitch black dark nights, trying not to wack face on low lying horse chestnut tree limbs. Those suckers had those spiny sharp balls that did not feel good at all. Because of them, could never go through at night in bare feet.
Like a freaking mine field that I chanced once to my serious regret.

The picture of Buckeye's Dad still on the tractor is marvelous. (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #154,154  
82F clear sky no breeze,did have quick down pour around 2:30pm.

Been couple weeks since Kubota seen little action ran like top. (y)
It was slow motion day and tomorrow looks the same,soon feet up on deck enjoying couple popsicles waiting for critter and stars.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,156  
Left for Ohio. Got to town and low oil light came on in Subaru. Pulled into autozone, oil barely on dipstick. Bought and added qt and went back home. It’s not leaking, so that means car is now burning some oil. 7500 miles since last change.
Switched to truck and made it to the farm.
In some light rain on the way. Dad got a big rain before we got here.

First job of installing new fan switch did not go well. Moved them one at a time from old to new. Had trouble with wires not catching. Switch uses stab in wiring. When I got done, fan only works on low. Soaked in sweat from that. No AC in the house.
Did not mess with tractor yet.
Don had a Subaru that burned oil. IIRC, they didn't hone the cylinders properly. Buy you a 5 qt container, and keep it and a funnel handy.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,157  
Good morning! 78˚F . Yesterday was suppose to be a bit cooler but it was 102˚, we will try again today to stay under the 100˚ mark for the first time in many weeks.

Today I have an appointment to get my wife's voice changed at Costco, it's a little too loud and screechy sounding. Getting the final adjustments made on my hearing aids.
you certainly have a way with words....hopefully you survive this. LOL.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,159  
Speaking of Washington slept here. Drove by this plaque tonight.
IMG_5577.JPG

38 yr old George Washington camped here oct 25 1770 on his 1770 journey down the Ohio river. He was appointed to reimburse the Virginia militia with land for their fighting in the French and Indian wars. His party with Indian guides canoed from fort Pitt to the kanawha river and back up. I did a 12 part post on FB detailing his journal entries for the trip as it pertained to eastern Ohio.
It’s also interesting to read of his 1754 surrender at fort necessity that started the war (22 years old), and he was part of the 1955 Braddock’s defeat at fort Duquesne (Danial Boone was a wagon master on that trip). He
He started his career in 1753, taking a trip to Ft Lebouef to tell the French that Britain claimed the Ohio territory. The French laughed at him.

started his career 0 for 3.

He was one of the first to visit the forks of the Ohio, what would become Pittsburgh.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #154,160  
you certainly have a way with words....hopefully you survive this. LOL.
I thought I did a lot of prepping before I used the word screeching by explaining the way Costco really turned up the high frequency volume . . . . didn't help much but I survived. With Costco's re-adjustment of the high frequency her voice is pleasant again. I have scheduled another Apt at the end of the month for some more fine tuning if necessary.

Whipper is doing puppy moves with doggy Advil. It was only 91˚ during her evening (7pm) walk and quite pleasant - 10-12 degrees cooler than usual.