Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #154,161  
78F and "Fair" @ 21:00, HI 79F, DP 71F.

Got all the mowing done down around the house.

Then swapped out the tiller for the box blade as neighbor's grandson came over with the Bobcat and grapple bucket.

He got a bunch more junk wood moved down into the woods at the southern end of the compost/wood lot. It will decompose and channel any run off from the north to the path going down to the back of the property, avoiding the barn.

Should be able to finish it tomorrow as there's not that much more left to do.

I did clean up with the box blade after he would move the logs.

He also located three Yellowjacket nests, two in logs and one in the ground. Dosed those with Apicide this evening. He got nailed in the back once.

I also did some compost/manure screening.

Last item before I came in was to get as much of the summer squash picked as I could before it was too dark to see:

IMG_1932.JPG

Went through what was growing in the flower bed and along the back of the frog pond, didn't get to the actual garden area where I'm sure more awaits. Will try and get those first thing tomorrow morning ... before they get any bigger.

I do have one zucchini I'm letting go to see how big it will get. Probably should do that with one of the yellow crookneck as well.

Hope everyone had a great day ! ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #154,163  
Good early (Sunday) arvo. Very cool overnight low of 3.4C with a steady Southern breeze. Off to Church and the temperature hasn't topped 10C. There's a wee bit of rain/mist about but nothing to record in the gauge.

I'm (obviously) home now and the wood has been brought in. Take care all.

-------------------------------------------------

wngsprd: Wag, glad you got your chimney clean enough to use the wood stove. Didn't know insurance could make rules about going on a roof.

It's not my insurance that makes those 'rules', it's my Veteran's Medical Card, which is specific to what I've claimed as a service related injury. On the plus side, I can claim re-imbursement for 'ladder related' tasks/jobs such as house gutter cleaning AND annual chimney sweeping.

Mind you, I really had to 'fight' to get chimney sweeping added as a 'claim' as the Claims Processer/Approver lives in Melbourne (a Big Smoke) and believed that having a fireplace/woodheater was a luxury and not a prime, rural, method of Winter heating. That took me quite a while to get sorted... until the next year when I got a different Approver and had to re-do the whole process.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,164  
Good evening all. 77ºF for the start, clear sky, light wind. Wind light with moderate gusts, Sky became partly cloudy, and high temp was 97ºF, HI 102F. Bike ride to start day, 51 mile in 3:19 moving time, 19 min stop time. trip to town to pick up wife's medicine refill and lunch, then home for nap :)
RS glad you got mowing done, Glad you got some help.
NHBX Hope you got some rain. Hope today was productive or conserving energy.
Randy(wag) good to hear blockage minimized in chimney.
Billy what did you try at Mexican restaurant? sorry about rain not cooperating, you can send some to Texas if you want :)
Drew hope trimming session went well and make mowing easier
Roy hope you got rain the and dump run done.
Don sorry about temp overachieve yesterday, we had same issue. Hope they get your wife's voice worked out.
Paul glad yesterday went so well. Hope today was as good. Hope you get light problem worked out.
Thomas hope you stayed cool.
Dennis glad loader back on L5030, and no one got stung by hornets.
RS hope you get agenda done today.
Roy hope mowing went well.
David sorry family coming to close, sounds like all had fun.
Ted sorry about no rain, we are only about 10 inches behind for year :( hope the day went well.
Ted looked up Santa Fe century, usually in May. My buddy that rode Katy with me this year has done Santa Fe Century. Looked like an organized ride was on Frost Road yesterday, 100K.
Drew nice report on Ken's party. Some farm house :)
Kyle glad welder is working so good :)
Drew not sure how war, they kept houses back in 1700's Looks like more than one fireplace to chimney.
Drew does not sound like your old farm house was well insulated or very air tight.
Thomas good to hear Kubota purring like kitten :) hope popsicles were good.
Dennis George Washington's batting average during War of Independence was not good either. But He keep army intact and fighting.
Don good to hear the hearing aide adjustment improved your wife's voice. And Whipper like a puppy again.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid,/mom's breathing, /learning new job, Bird/aging issues/, Don /mom's pipeline process, /fire nearby, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments /MIL Covid /son's heart issues, /pneumonia and not posting, Roy /palpitations, /angina , Billy /wife back & hip, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /3 new skin cancer spots and treatment, /wife knee healing, /getting dehydrated and cramping, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery/retirement, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Doug and wife/health issues, /nerve and pain, / wife's hospital stay, Ken /kids shot tragedy, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, /cataract surgery, /Sophie's hand infection, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /wife not feeling well, /marriage, / frind stop drinking, Paul/ wife's disc issues, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis /retirement plans / brother "alligallyitus" and improving, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend cancer diagnosis and recovery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,165  
75° now dew point 72° high’s in the mid 90’s today, calling for thunderstorms this afternoon again.

@mostly - Yesterday’s rain never materialized, could hear a few rumble’s of thunder off in the distance but that was it. Other than a dump run and watering the garden I spent most of the day in the A/C conserving energy.

Enjoy your day everyone

Prayers for those in need

/ Good morning!!!! #154,166  
Good Morning (though for me it's still night).

It was an interesting Saturday. Began with the Men's Breakfast from our church. Probably 40 of us went to a local cafe, ran by church members, and had a good breakfast. The adjoining motorcycle museum was open also and some of the guys went through that. I went through it previously, and there is a wonderful display of vintage and racing motorcyles (250 - 300 bikes, and it changes regularly) that my friend has put together over the past 40 years. I walked through the retail shop... lots of stuff, but still no luck in finding my trike diecast. I did however find a MAISTO diecast of a 1965 El Camino with a Harley motorcycle - I had to buy that, since it is the same El Camino generation as my 1964. Also found some Keychains ... Kubota, and Arctic Cat. So I supported my buddies business a bit today.

I missed out on the ATV run that some of the guys were doing today. I also missed going to a Hot August Nights car show an hour away. After breakfast, I needed to get home to continue with the bookkeeping files.

In need of a break, ... late in the afternoon a friend picked me up and we drove out to look at a couple of 1962 Chevy C10 pick-ups that he was interested in. We were attempting to locate registrations (nope) and both of these project trucks were in poor shape. Friend decided to pass on those ones, he'll find another project. Another friend was interested in a 1972 GMC pick-up (he found some details and will be following up with the owner. There were a lot of 70s Ford pickups there also, but nothing of any restoration quality.

The chicks are doing well --- the two months old chick is finding her spot with the big crowd, and the two little chicks are content with momma hen in a "chicken tractor". Tonight I discoverd another day old chick with a separate broody hen (YAY), there will likely be some new ones out of that clutch very soon.

Need to wash more eggs, currently sold out.

On the home front, I am doing my best to carry on. My shoulder recovery is still slow, and a few fingers are still numb, arm gets tired quickly. Missing my wife, she is still struggling to get well enough to drive home. Physically she is not doing well, and emotionally / mentally I fear that she is on the verge of a mental breakdown due to all the stress up North. Your prayers are certainly appreciated for my wife. Thanks.

church in the morning

that's it for me right now. have a great day

I hope to get another visit in with my daughter, son-in-law, and grandson in the next few days ... needs to be planned a bit as they are an hour's drive away.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,167  
67 more storms today maybe, working on Sunday I do not like.

Prayers for all

/ Good morning!!!! #154,168  
Still no relief from the miserable hot and dry weather, but the NWS says a chance of rain this coming tuesday and wednesday.

We took our two daughters and our one granddaughter to The Olive Garden for dinner yesterday to celebrate granddaughter's 18th birthday, and upcoming high school graduation. So we had a nice day there, and back at our house as well.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,169  
We went down river some last night to see the American Queen coming up river, but it was still too far south after we ate down along the river.
IMG_5592.JPG

It went thru the local locks about 11 last night, and is now too far north for us to see without a major detour.

My mowing yesterday of the orchard. A few trees left. Our garden used to be in part of this area, along with a large strawberry field, and fruit trees on bottom half.
Sun came out late evening, was dark overcast all day long.
Photo_6553918_DJI_318_jpg_4104590_0_202286191846_photo_original.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #154,170  
2022-08-07, 0711

76° right now and a bit sticky...high in the upper 80's.

Didn't get to mowing yesterday...maybe today...but I'm really hoping we get some rain

Last edited: