Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #154,262  
Big ouch, Don. That is frustrating. Sophie loves when that happens —- to ME.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,263  
85F sun cloud mix,did get couple good rain showers last night more is needed.

4am this morning as they say you could cut the air with knife,12 hours later nice 10+ mph wind less humid...Buppies forecast. :) (y)

Long day on the job :rolleyes: and nothing plan for the evening...dinner deck wait for critters and stars.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,264  
89° now dew point 72° no wind, it’s soupy out!

Thomas, can’t wait for some less humid days 😀
Getting tired of not being able to breath outside.

Picked up some veggies and taters at the local farm stand, salad veg and taters for supper.
Need to get some mowing and trimming done asap, a few showers and some humidity and everything takes off.

Quiet night again tonight

Enjoy your evening

/ Good morning!!!! #154,265  
With no rain and every day high of 99-106˚ I was expecting outrageous water and electric bills for last month.
They were reasonable:
July - water $78, electric $204
June -water $69, electric $158
May - water $51, electric $129
April -water $53, electric $95
That's insanely cheap.

I full expect my electric bill to be close to 1000.00 this month.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,266  
Paul, I need an education. There is a black hose and a white hose hooked up to minisplit, plus power cables.
I'm assuming cold water/coolant/gas? is going one way and warm something is coming back?

Don, little bit goes a long way, come in early.

The black line is the suction side the white one is the liquid line. The only reason that they are different is that I’m a cheap SOB and I had the 5/8 line with the black insulation here. The 3/8 liquid line has the nicer white insulation that is typically used for a mini-split. Both are carrying refrigerant (R410a).

One of the electric lines is the incoming power, the other goes to the indoor unit to provide power and communicate. That one is three conductors plus ground.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,267  
Today was our hottest day of the year so far.

Wife picked green beans this morning, now has 7 quarts in the canner but haven’t started boiling yet.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,268  
75F and cloudy @ 18:45, rain stopped earlier, long enough ago for the pavement to dry off.

Just finished dinner: baked Alaskan pollock, local corn on the cob, and zucchini pancakes - which were a big hit with both The Woman and I.

Corn was pretty good but I’ve had better.

AC running up in the shop, metal deburred and cleaned off, ready to be welded here in a bit after my dinner digests a bit.

Spotted one low spot up on the driveway that will need a little more material, otherwise looking pretty good.

Oldest cat’s claws all trimmed.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,269  
Raining.

After late supper went out to pick tomatoes. Brought in 2 basket full, took down 3rd basket when rain started. Got the rest picked and got a little wet
IMG_5320.JPG

Snagglepuss helped.

Sitting on porch watching it rain, nice breeze. Thunder and lightning also

Over 1” rain already, rate of 5” per hour.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #154,270  
After my original Maytag washer died, we went through a string of short lived ones. I finally asked a friend that runs an appliance repair business what I should get. He reply was quick. “If everyone had a Speed Queen washer, I’d have to rely on refrigerator repair.”

I followed his advice, and he was right.
Timely post.
Wife bought a Speed Queen washer/dryer set about 6 years ago. For our Mississippi house.

Now we are not there about half the time, the rest of the time we don't need to do much laundry. There's just the two of us old retired folks and we don't generate much dirty laundry. She reckons she dries 1 load of laundry (not jammed full) a week at the most. /edit - so that would mean she probably ran about 150 loads through it.
But it's grinding on startup and a web search pointed towards I need to replace the rollers.
So I was fairly disappointed that I need to replace the rollers already. Looks like ~ $50 for the minimum parts if I do it myself, ~$200+ if the dealer does it.
We've gone through 2 other dryers at our house in Va. in about 40 years neither time was it rollers. And we were raising 3 boys and a girl and the dryer was running almost every day.