Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #154,461  
Solved the streaming issue. Windows firewall was blocking the App. Mcafee expired on that computer recently, and I guess windows defender was activated either by mcafee ending or a recent reboot. Anyways, had to allow the app and all is well.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,462  
Since we had the internet dish replaced, the TV antenna got pointed away from proper direction. I got up there and used Duo facetime with wifey to perfect the signal. I'm starting to NOT like climbing on roofs. I think my trifocal progressive glasses mess me up too much.

Speaking of glasses, For far away vision, I don't need much correction, but my readers are up to 2.0 and when I tig weld, I use 3.0. Most of the time, I can just take my glasses off.

Church and baby shower went well, we had a pot luck lunch. Maybe 15 types of main dish, 15 side dish and more than that on desserts.

Mostly, its hard to find a good wife that will watch baseball too. My Astros are doing great, but the Dodgers are smoking hot.

Less than 16 days until college football. IIRC.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,463  
62F and cloudy @ 23:45, heading down to a low of 60F overnight.

Dropped box blade for landscape rake after a little more edge clean up on expanded garden area. Still more to do though.

Worked on more clean up of the compost/wood lot this afternoon/evening.

Maybe another ten buckets of junk wood from the pile where the Yellowjacket nest is hauled down to the woods. There are still quite a few Yellowjackets there, but so far I have managed to avoid getting stung. At some point I will probably scoop up the nest though, unless they throw in the towel and bail. Probably reduced the pile by half today so not too much more left to go.

Had a light-to-medium rain shower while I was doing that, lasted long enough that I went ahead and came on down to the house and had a bowl of pork lo mein before heading back out.

LWS reported 0.01" since midnight, which sounds about right ... was barely enough to settle the dust on the driveway.

Ran back down to the house and grabbed the Corona loppers and trimmed some low-hanging branches on the maple while working on the junk wood pile.

More raking of the field plus started raking out the weeds that were growing in the manure piles that were dropped off last fall. Rakings added to the new section of the compost pile.

Also ran a bunch more compost and manure through the screener, screened material pile almost replenished.

Ten Day calling for 4 day period with good chances of rain starting next Saturday, so that gives me 5 days to prep an area for a food plot for the deer and get the seed sown. Hopefully, they'll chew on that and lighten up on the stuff down here by the house at some point.

Hit the Chinese again tonight for dinner, still have some to clean up though.

Hope everyone had a great Sunday !!! ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #154,464  
Nice Dennis
Need to investigate how you get such a spread out view. Mine are much more compact.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #154,465  
Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #154,466  
64 high of 69 today .05 in of rain last night to go with .25 yesterday afternoon more rain today maybe.

Prayers for Toppop, Alien and wife all others silent or spoken our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #154,467  
good morning all
cloudy day, rain appears to be staying South of here
plans changed, neck hurt, guess I slept on it wrong, cancelled PT which would just aggravate it more.
Instead heading to church to work on that railing, where I can sit down and be comfortable.

need to get a cordless drill and some flapdisks out of garage, and my big box of round sandpaper.
when I'm done, I use my small Makita leaf blower to blast the surface, which raises loose bits. Then I sand a little more.
Rest hopefully primer will lock in.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,468  
Good Morning.
It’s 58 with a high of 80 forecast. Another day without rain.

Yesterday my son and I managed to get the gates put up, that involved cutting the existing fabric, digging the holes and setting the posts, stretching and attaching fabric to the new posts, than attaching the hinge hardware and hanging the gates. I can’t say enough good about the SSQA hydraulic auger, it mounts on the tractor effortlessly, and because it hangs like a plumb bob. It drills straight holes regardless of how the tractor is angled. We still have scattered line posts to replace, but they are relatively easy.

After son left, I put the bucket back on the loader and emptied the manure bin into spreader and spread it, about 25 loads worth. But it’s done. Pressure washed the tractor before putting it away so that the shop doesn’t smell like the bin it just emptied.

Off to TSC this morning to get the bucket hangers that I used for chaining gates closed.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,469  
Good morning! 72˚F , nice to see the low seventies in the morning. Lots of sun today nearing 100˚. Wednesday supposedly will be our last 100˚ day for at least a whole week, can't wait.

Okra gathering and air frying day and hopefully there will be enough tomatillos to make a jar of Salza Verde.

But first mow the yard before it gets too hot.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #154,470  
Too bad RS doesn't live closer or he could come get some genuine alpaca manure for his squash.
25 loads RS, just think of the possibilities...
I wonder if we could have a contest to guess the poundage of RS's squash crop.