Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #154,521  
Got my Ridgeline serviced this morning. Service tech was new to me. By the time we finished the walk around felt like I should be getting an order of fries. Seems like every comment had a $$ solution attached. I’m pretty much a believer in the old system, certain things get done according to the mileage schedule and you knew up front they were due. Estimate was almost $200 to change the cabin and air filter (recommendations on invoice). I ordered them from Amazon less than $40. Can take Sophie out to a great dinner for difference.
Dealers are like that. When I got my 15000 klm service on the Ranger the other day they told me I could use a wheel alignment. Well it must have come from the factory incorrectly aligned if that is the case. Anyway it was poppycock as I am a certified A Grade mechanic and I know how to check tires for alignment problems. I even have my own alignment equipment. He changed the subject when I questioned him.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,522  
A nice clean tractor

I think I found Mike Morgan’s new WV property on google maps. Some people thinks it’s weird, but I like looking at maps.

Another slow day on TBN, hope some of the old regulars come back.

Dad finished mowing his fields today.
He said an electric pole fell feeding power to his garage, so no power to my camera. Guess I need to fix that next trip.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #154,524  
Good late (Wednesday) morning. Overnight Low of 4C, a wee bit overcast and just had a fine, misty, fall of moisture (can't really call it 'rain') sweep through. It's calm and presently 15.4C.

It's 'into town Day' for groceries/mail and I'll fill the ute up as I've got a meeting in Devonport to attend on Saturday morning at 0900. I'll plan on leaving home at 0530 to arrive/park/register with ample time factored in in case anything delays me.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,525  
Hi all.
Been very busy lately. Shopping yesterday while Lesley was sleeping. Groceries, scripts, Mower blades, spark plugs etc. Got a haircut. She cut too much off. Now I look like PeeWee Herman.
Today I have to remove and replace a window that a Kookaburra tried to fly through. He is OK but he left a mess of glass for me to clean up. Last time it was a Guinea Fowl. I guess that window is fated. Window is on the front porch so at least it was not one of the new ones we just installed in the house. I have a spare window out behind the barn thankfully.
Nothing else planned as Les has been suffering terrible headaches the last 4 days. Another Dr visit coming up.
My stepson returned our ride-on mower the other day. I decided to drive it over to the barn and check the battery etc. Never made it. Ran out of fuel after about 30 feet. Filled it up and checked the blades. all the blades were broken off. I had 2 spares. (it needs 4) I thought I would check it cutting some grass. It was gutless. Changed the fuel filter. Still gutless but sounded OK. It is a twin cylinder. Checked the heads. One was cold the other hot. Pulled the spark plugs and one was dead yet it still ran smooth. (Kawasaki twin) Replaced the plugs and it is going well now. I don't know how he got on mowing his lawn as it could barely move when the deck was running. Gotta have a talk to him. I had also loaned him my tow-behind lawn sweeper. He backed the trailer over it and tore it to pieces then he just left it here like that. He is going to have to fix that or else.... Luckily our new ZT mower won't fit on a trailer so he can't ask to borrow that one.
Sounds like your stepson could give PJs stepson some good competition.
2022-08-16, 0402

55° right now...high in the upper 70's today.

Boy! I took a tumble late Sunday and I'm really bruised up on my right forearm and right side.

Working to prep for a customer audit this coming Friday...
Roy, hope you get better soon.

My CNC mill proposal went to the top and they are going to buy it! Now the hard work of making room for it. It is a made in USA, Has VF3SS with a 5 axis rotary tilting table. I'm still dancing in the clouds.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,526  
Don it will come slowly for you all hurricanes will be downgraded soon

/ Good morning!!!! #154,527  
Kyle, what kind of stuff do you make on a CNC?

/ Good morning!!!! #154,528  
Good evening all. 74ºF for the start, partly cloudy sky, light breeze. Light wind day, variable cloudiness, and high temp 99ºF, HI 102ºF. Bike ride to start day then trip into town for lunch and groceries. Bill from groceries $135. Nap after putting groceries away. Worked on finding audit trail purging for work this evening, more to do on that.
David sorry about no checking beyond require maintenance.
Roy sorry about the tumble, hope recovery happen quickly. Hope prep for audit goes well.
Buppies now have 4 days with forecast highs below 90ºF, and serious rain. Hope your wife is getting around better.
Drew hope painting went well. good luck with hot tube and washer is failed.
Roy don't put off Dr too long.
Drew I used to drive a "beater" to work wearing old clothes. People gave that car and me more clearance for some reason :):( I have contemplated dash cam and helmet cam but not pulled trigger.
Paul sorry about the potential prop damage, really hope you don't have issues with props.
Don Bird might get some but rest of Texas not so much if front #2 follows forecast I heard this evening. Sorry about mowing, and good to hear you are moving up in Card standings.
Ken sorry about the dark cloud.
RNG Glad solar system keeping up. Sorry about the drilling issues, takes practice to sharpen drills correctly, do you have a drill gauge? Hope gate stop works. Good luck getting everything on new router.
Drew so will you have to repaint white later? Good luck with garden
Ted nice cold front, should come through here tomorrow. Sorry about the cable and the heater core. I had some luck with running some flushing/cleaning liquid through cooling system then back flush heater core.
David hope issue found and not too expensive.
Phil you need to find that idiot and give him a good talking to. Nice job fixing soap dispenser and cleaning tractor afte getting grease on windows.
Thomas sorry about long day and back pockets dragging.
David sorry about the high cost of dealer naintenance.
Don our weather guess are saying second cold front no, will stall out over Dallas area.
Doug maybe let windows get dirty?
Dennis sorry about the electric pole at your dad's place. When I follow rail-fanning or other stories often use maps.
Kyle congrats on new mill.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid,/mom's breathing, /learning new job, Bird/aging issues/, Don /mom's pipeline process, /fire nearby, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments /MIL Covid /son's heart issues, /pneumonia and not posting, Roy /palpitations, /fall injuries, /angina /wife ankle, Billy /wife back & hip, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /3 new skin cancer spots and treatment, /wife knee healing, /getting dehydrated and cramping, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery/retirement, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Doug and wife/health issues, /nerve and pain, / wife headaches, Ken /kids shot tragedy, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, /cataract surgery, /Sophie's hand infection, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /wife not feeling well, /marriage, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's disc issues, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis /retirement plans / brother "alligallyitus" and improving, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend cancer diagnosis and recovery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,529  
67F and mostly cloudy @ 10:45, heading down to a low of 62F overnight.

High hit 76.8F here today, which is well below normal for this time of year. Absolutely beautiful though, mix of sun and clouds.

With the milder temps we've had the AC off and the windows open for the last several days.

Picked all the summer squash first thing. Not all that much as we've kept after it for the last couple of days.

Then I started working on disentangling the oldest asparagus in pots from the winter squash and pumpkins.

Woman came out and took over on that and I moved one of the watering rigs over and hooked up the hose and gave the flower bed a drink.

After that ran I a string line for a row.

Once that was done Woman worked on weeding the asparagus pots and I planted them as She got them done.

She went over to visit a couple of girlfriends next door once that was done and I started weeding and planting the newer batch of asparagus in pots.

Got 29 asparagus plants total in ground and well watered in. Probably have another 6 to 10 to go which we'll do tomorrow afternoon.

She did some additional watering on other plants after She got back from visiting.

Was still doing that when it started sprinkling. That didn't amount to much so probably a good thing She watered.

She cooked up some pork chops with sauerkraut and apples for dinner, with some mashed potatoes courtesy of Bob Evans. Was very tasty.

Heading to bed early tonight.

Hope everyone had a great day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #154,530  
2022-08-17, 0403

59° right now...high in the low 70's and rain showers (I hope we get them)

Still aching...I'm going to call the doctor this afternoon...the bruise on my arm is healing nicely, but the pain in my side doesn't seem to be getting any better

Last edited: