Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #154,572  
Good early (Thursday) arvo. A blustery night/morning with an overnight Low of only 11C. The rain held off until shortly before the 'march' so the whole ceremony was moved into the Memorial Hall and I wasn't 'called upon' to do anything except attend. It's once again raining, currently 13C, and I don't think it'll go much higher.

I don't mind all of this rain... my tanks are full and it beats being in drought (like I was three years ago, for three years).

Take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,573  
Good evening all. 74ºF for the start, partly cloudy sky, light breeze. Cold front came through early, light wind till later in day when it became moderate. Sky clouded up some, rain south of Dallas. High temp was 95ºF, HI 102ºF. Men's meeting to start the day, then went with SIL to get him a gun safe. Friend of his drove, and 3 of us were up to moving the safe. Also got free lunch out of deal. Got home in time for nap :). Wife and I were going to Manualitos for dinner but not reopen from vacation today, so tried Lodge instead. Not on of their better meals:(. Did get to eat with another couple we see from time to time.
RS nice you could turn off A/C. Got a lot done as per usual.
Roy hope you don't have cracked rib.
Drew sorry you have to repaint. Drew on CNC machines error mapping was around in early 80's as well as glass scales. Linear accuracy better than .0005 inch.
Don sorry about having to replace water softener.
Buppies thanks for update, prayers sent.
Drew I do not like the little print.
Dennis no falls today.
Ken hope you get to ride the bike.
Billy If you not careful you will get the whole thing hikes, at least distance wise. Sorry tech did not fix your problem.
Paul hope got the biplane ready for flight. Got to navigate an open cockpit biplane from St Clair,MO to Oshkosh in '94, then found out pilot had full IFR in back cockpit :)
RNG I though 50v was normal circuit voltage for phone lines. Sorry to hear about more smoke in the area. Sorry about the propane cannons. Can you use ear plugs.
Thomas glad not long day today at work.
Drew nice paint job
Drew we always had a guard on upper bunk. I was alway a active sleeper.
David hope tank rehab went well.
PJ glad you are back. Sounds like some quality wife time. Happy birthday
Scaredy sounds like busy is good news for your income. Hope you can get wife back soon.
RS good to hear good DR report. Hope you made a dent in today's agenda.
Tom nice Super Chief.
Roy glad you are getting rain.
Thomas sorry no rain.
Don sounds like a good water softener.
James nice pic
RS lots done today.
Doug sorry you are having such issues when Lesley is not doing so hot either.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid,/mom's breathing, /learning new job, Bird/aging issues/, Don /mom's pipeline process, /fire nearby, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments /MIL Covid /son's heart issues, /pneumonia and not posting, Roy /palpitations, /fall injuries, /angina /wife ankle, Billy /wife back & hip, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /3 new skin cancer spots and treatment, /wife knee healing, /getting dehydrated and cramping, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery/retirement, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Doug and wife/health issues, /nerve and pain, / wife headaches, Ken /kids shot tragedy, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, /cataract surgery, /Sophie's hand infection, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /wife not feeling well, /marriage, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's disc issues, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis /retirement plans / brother "alligallyitus" and improving, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend cancer diagnosis and recovery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,574  
Per minute? No storage tank needed? WOW! Usually filtration will slow down those rates.

I don't think my bathtub will flow but maybe 3-4 gallons a minute at 60psi water pressure.
My water pressure was 80psi, we are in a valley. The max for the water softener is 70psi we had to install a pressure reducer in line to reduce it to 65psi. The minimum water flow required is 3 gpm.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,575  
Good evening

PJS - I hope that your birthday was awesome

Alien - sounds all too familiar. Perhaps new Dr will have a new approach

A few weeks ago I mentioned (somewhere) that I was given the cage / frame for one of those 1000 L liquid totes. Yesterday I finally repurposed it as a chicken tractor for 4 young chicks ... I flipped it over so that the base is now the roof from sun, rain etc, I added strong 1/4 inch wire mesh to all sides and simply zap strapped the wire on. It has a flip up access point where i can add feed and water. I think that it is solid and predator proof, and light enought thst I can move it around every 2-3 days, giving them new ground to cover.
The other chicks are younger and currently segregated with momma hens.

Working on a bear-proof system for processing old meat and recycling that into maggot farming as free checken feed. Gross but effective. i'll have resultd in a few days

Tomorrow, I'm taking the day off from Bookkeeping to go out of town with a friend (medical appt) then to the John Deere deaelrship, Peavey Mart, Princess Auto, etc. And Lunch at some point.

cardboard / boxes recycling on Friday I think

/ Good morning!!!! #154,576  
65 high of 82 today partly cloudy showers coming this weekend

Grass got mowed yesterday a little more to do then weed eat sometime

Prayers for Kenmbz, scaredy and family, Toppop, Kyle, Roy and ribs, all there silent or spoken our Country

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #154,577  
2022-08-18,

57° right now...high in the low 70's and light rain which we need badly. I hope it rains all day...even the next couple days. The White River is very low...the Connecticut isn't quite as low, but lower than normal.
Couple hours of working from home, then the doctor's appointment to see what's going on with the rib and abdomen

/ Good morning!!!! #154,579  
RoyJ - feel better, I hope that you get answers and a remedy. saw the inverted snowblower thread, I like it.

we've been sitting in temperatures in the low 30s C, about 90 -95 F ... not complaining.
and so far, the skies are clear, so the wildfire season is much improved from last summer where there was nothing but smoke and brown skies, alerts, and evacuations for 4-5 months. much better, and I pray that a good summer continues.

Mostly_ My wife (actually) now expects to be home in two weeks / end of month. Assisting her dad, and now Moving him, is wearing her out. Tough for me to do anything from 8 hrs away, but maintain the household. We need our life back

I had a FB message from a Dear Friend that I used to date (decades ago), she has no quality of life for the past 28 years, and now has Dr's support for an assisted medical suicide in two weeks. I understand it, and this is no surprise, I have chatted with her for years (bed ridden, house bound), somewhat similar to my wife's health issues, but a more extreme / severe case. Though her body, mind, and psychological perspective is weak, She is a strong Christian, and we've chatted at length, I support her decision, but I'm still not sure how I feel about it all, very mixed. Maybe God will take her before that event, she's been ready to go for years.

I washed about 4 dozen eggs, now back to the Bookkeeping for an hour or two (I can't sleep anyway), then leaving around 8:30 to go with a buddy to Kamloops. Medical appt for him, then a day to hang out around tractors, tools, and grab a lunch. Home before 5 pm I hope.

I'll check in tonight - Good Morning All (4 AM, might need a nap, OR coffee), have a good day.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,580  
good morning all
sitting here looking at white paint on hands, scrubbing that off is on the list for this morning.
lovely day, cool out now, going up into high 80's with sunshine. Great day to have a convertible and
go for a ride.

Scaredy, prayers for your friend. We all have our time.

trying to organize a trip with friends to go see Middletown Grange Fair, located right next to my church.
I've been going since I was a little kid. Interesting they banned chicken displays this year, due to some infectious virus.
I wonder if I would fit in that ferris wheel? Sure not going to try....

Attachments

• grange fair.jpg
    grange fair.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 47