Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #154,581  
Good morning! 76˚ Heading to an exciting afternoon. Everything is on hold. We will be like little kids getting out of the car at the Middletown Grange Fair. Rain is expected this afternoon!! Get ready for some exciting drop by drop reporting!!

Scaredy, Texans say; "They eat cows and cows eat plants so they eat plants". Do Canadians say: "They eat chickens and chickens eat maggots so they eat maggots?" Just asking for a friend.:)

/ Good morning!!!! #154,582  
Brutal heat again here yesterday 102F late into the evening. Still 81F here before the sun comes up this morning possible showers the next day or 2. Hit or miss.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,583  
Good Morning!!!! 86F @ 5:15AM. Plentiful sunshine. High around 105F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Yesterday was cloudy pretty much all day, from a bit of monsoon moisture blowing up from the Arizona/New Mexico region. It was 104F when I came in for lunch at about 1:30PM, but by 3 the temps had dropped back into the low 90s. Had a string of thunderstorms pass by to the east, but not a drop of rain fell here.

After some fiddling, got a security cam working up at the gate yesterday. Big relief that there were no broken wires to deal with, just fumble fingers installing Ethernet connectors. Drew up a steel stand to pivot the mast the cam and solar panel will mount on, and hope to get that fabed and buried in concrete this morning. Then off to town for groceries.

Hang in there, gang, Friday's comin'!

/ Good morning!!!! #154,584  
Morning all,
Friend I gave the bench/slab to added legs and it came out nice.
IMG_0021.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #154,585  
Good Morning.
It’s 66 and might make it to the upper 80’s today. Yet another day without rain.
My neighbor rented about 250 acres to a sod farmer, they have been irrigating every day so they can harvest it.

Yesterday I did get to the airport to work on the biplane, got the battery installed, pulled it out and ran it up, then put it back inside and opened everything up to inspect it. Hopefully it will go smoothly so I can get some enjoyment out of it this season.

IMG_9467.jpg

That kept me occupied for most of the day, stopped by a neighbors farm stand and picked up some corn. I am still amazed how well cooking it in a microwave works, especially the way it just slides out of the husk.

IMG_9469.jpg

Drew, here is another view of the Grange fair from 2016-

IMG_1065.jpg

Pretty sure that we are taking the grandson to the fair today.
Might get some chores done this morning, won’t get to the airport though, unless we don’t go to the fair.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,586  
very nice Ken, you showed me one just like that

I'm getting an old friend back for some TLC. My Gravely 8199G that I gave to a local friend when I sold my farm is coming back
for a major service. I rebuilt this down to the frame so know every part of it. Figured I'd look at wear parts in the unusual external clutch and saw there was a big
bearing in there, one I never knew existed, so didn't oil. Hmmmm. That will get some care and oil for sure. Actually thinking about it I did oil the shaft so I guess
the oil made it back to the bearing. I had to laugh at what they want for the oem
bearing. This is very slow speed, bearing doesn't even revolve more than 45 degrees, so maybe not too much wear. But with no lube, hmmmm.
This is a manual hand clutch, just like on the JD B I grew up on. Works great, simple design, easy to get at parts.

Paul, nice pics. Our Meetinghouse is at very bottom right of pic off the page, in fact we allow the local baseball league to use a little of our land for their ball fields.
The kids can't hit the ball hard enough to land in graveyard, I've looked.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,587  
daugen - my friend is really second guessing her decision, thank you for the prayers, she and I are chatting on FB messenger right now. she is worried about losing her salvation by choosing an assisted death. They call it MAID apparently ... Medical Assistance In Death, something like that. I just know that she is in so much pain, socially isolated, no chance of improved health, and it has been a struggle for 28 years. She is about 10 hours away from me (unless private flight) but she really is not able to endure visits. I'm at a loss, I can just support her, that's about it. Maybe God will take her before that event.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,588  
Good morning to all! Low of 56°, going up to 76°, chances of showers have increased. We actually got a shower overnight, 1/8" in the gauge!

I'll take the forecast for the weekend and early next week.... The 7 day shows low 70's for highs, varying by only 1 or 2 degrees. Could be a glitch, but they showed the overnight temps at 53° every night.... nice!

Total overcast and low clouds now, looks like it will rain at any moment.
There are advisories out for Saturday/Sunday for heavy rains, 2-3" are possible totals. Hopefully not all at once.....

I have been trying to fan these temps and showers to both the south and west .... hopefully you guys will get some relief.

PJ, happy belated birthday! Glad you enjoyed some time with the wifey!

Kyle, nice to hear you'll be getting a new toy... ehhh.. I mean tool.....

Yesterday was an uneventful day... had a cardiologist appointment in the morning, went well, cut the cardiac meds in half again. B/P was 104/74, p-70. Considering that these vitals were on half of the original dosage.... it's no wonder I was dizzy and passing out. One would think it would be better to start low and increase rather than start high, cause problems, then lower....

Then went to Costco for a few items for us, got off easy at $100 bucks..... the grandson needed restock, he used up most of his groceries by the end of last semester. Cost him $250, basically just for the essentials. No junk food at all (surprisingly), but he does buy the good gourmet food.... expensive taste....

Only slight progress on the Jeep. Got the heater core back-flushed and unplugged. Definitely getting heat now, but I think the T-stat is bad. Takes forever to get up to temp. OR.... it could be a bad water pump. No leaking or squeals, so not really going that direction.... yet.

I'm going to try and get some more work on it today, but rain might chase me inside. No room in the shop / garage to move it in....

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #154,589  
Scaredy, that's all you can do --- give support.... to whatever decision she makes. This is all new territory.....