Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #156,462  
Bupps and Roy, prayers for y'all to feel better.

A lot to catch up on. I used to have some spare time at my old job, to try and at least read posts daily....but now I'm having to multitask like a busy Dairy Queen cook and the day flies by. They keep adding onto my plate....faster than I can get things done. But I'm getting a lot done, and a bunch of compliments....I pray the Lord to let my little light shine to all those around me.

My co-worker is a "Gunney" and 1 of our bosses is a "Gunner" (being a retired CW04). They are both very military like in their daily routine. Interesting to read up on Marine Corp CW4's and CW5's. Very respected by all officers. I'm very thankful for "Gunner", as he cuts through bureaucracy and red tape to get stuff done, offering advice on the way. No passing the buck either. Wants straight up answers without the crap.

68 up to 87, but this afternoon a front may bring showers, 60s, and Autumn along with the equinox...down to 49 tonight.

Went to visit my mom (and wife) yesterday. Mom is much better, wife should be able to come home tomorrow.
Good to hear she's better. Prayers.
Kids are doing well in school. Getting compliments from teachers. Kid who was causing problems for my daughter got in a lot of trouble, but we still might press charges. Son has played 2 football games now. Playing cornerback,

Told the boss today I’m a short timer. Didn’t give official notice yet, but the plan is 2 weeks. Still waiting on notice from the new gig. Hope this works out.
I’ve been really stressed the last few days, think it’s everything going on with buying land, shopping for car, upcoming job change etc.
Don't quit one, until you have clearance granted to land at the next one. And remember to give God the stress. Have fun thinking about planning the new land and stuff.

Thanks, wife said she will go tomorrow so we will go see the lot again. Got drone batteries charged this time. Want to see a couple of the corners.

Pole barn estimate 30x40x12 almost $40k, another $10k for concrete.
A 10x20 ft shed runs about $13k delivered.

I could probably build that size shed for under $3k.
about $10 for a 2x4 stud right now...Look for a used one possibly. I have a 12 x 20. 20 years ago, I made a spreadsheet bill of materials for one and the materials came out about $2500 back then. I paid about $3500. I spec'd it out with 3/4 wolmanized T&G flooring. It is the "barn" style, and I built a loft in the back 8' of it for more storage. I never parked my tractor in it. Only a snapper rider for a while. Now it is just storage.

2022-09-23, 0424

44° right now...high only about 50

Family still isn't doing too well
Roy, hope y'all get better soon.
48 windy this morning high in upper 60s today. Supposed to be good leafing peeping this fall. Small shower in rain gauge not enough to register.

Another skin cancer to take off small one though then fell hit paver yesterday afternoon black eye big knots on forehead eye socket and right elbow bending almost impossible

Prayers for all our Country

Roy prayers for you and your family
You gotta quit bumping yourself like this. Prayers my friend.

Good Morning!!!! 61F @ 6:00AM.
Plentiful sunshine. High 88F. Winds light and variable.

Old eyes aren't the best at picking up the sights sometimes, Paul. And holding a micro-9 steady is something else again, too...

One of the motels we used during this last trip had one of those inside/outside heat pump things installed. The inside fan made an irritating high pitched whine, and the outside unit made a big woosh sound at the end of every cycle. Is this sort of noise typical? I ended up turing the darn thing off so I could get some sleep.

Stopped by the motorcycle shop in town yesterday to pick up some parts, and learned that one of them had tripled in price. Left it on the counter, as a better aftermarket version is available via mail order. I like to support that shop, but not to the tune of seventy-five dollars for a twenty-five dollar part. Seems like BMW really doesn't want to continue providing parts and is purposly pricing themselves out of the market.

TGIF gang!🍻
RNG, not much costs less than $25 dollars anymore. Especially on a BMW. Drive that old XT yamaha and save yourself some money. :) Those little engines with proper oil changes are pretty bullet proof.

I wish I could afford about 4 big mini splits with 3 or 4 inside fans each, to cool my home and heat it.

Good morning! 67˚F heading to the mid to upper 90s, heater still not needed.
Kyle the neighborhood's semi-annual mega garage sale is next week, Oct.1, if you are interested. I don't have a lot on my "look for" list so will be browsing a lot. That will be a busy day for me because after I'll have my first work weekend day at the farm and get to see the giant candy cannon in action. Like Mostly said next week we will see a 10˚ drop in temps, yea!
Daughter wants to go. Hope to make it there, and see y'all in the process. You did not work the fish fry I take it. Wendish fest was today. I did not make either.

Wifey wanted to paint our great room and offered to do it by herself. The supplies (now well over $300 is her birthday present). Project has expanded into waaay more than she anticipated. I'm praying for her patience and tenacity to finish it. She's working on it right now. There was a lot to do. Hours and hours of prep work. She is applying some spackling with a sponge for texture right now. I have to re-hang a door that was out of whack. Can't find my 2' level for the life of me.

We’d be willing to host a GM gathering. 🤙
OK! But I need for Drew to buy that huge boat we can all cruise over there on and have a place to sleep every night too. LOL.

Yeah, it is...been really sick the last few days...haven't eaten in 5 days. Very weak and spending most the day in bed
You need to hydrate with some good fluids like Pedialyte.

I'm still sad about TopPop Randy....and how it took us so long to find out too. But I know he wouldn't want us to feel down, so we carry on, just knowing where he is right now.

Popgadget, that sure is a nice twin you get to get paid to fly. Hope it's not 13 pounds of dirt dauber nests.

Cellar spiders. My barn is infested with them to the point it's p'ing me off. I want to "bomb" the barn with aerosol killer, but I don't want to kill beneficial wolf spiders.

My kitty is a bit over 2 years now, and she killed some type of furry rodent. Bigger than a mouse and smaller than a rat. Body about 5 inches long. Good kitty.

I am late to the party but I see where Jeep Grand Ragoneer is offering a McIntosh sound system upgrade with 23 speakers. I'd like to hear it myself....but at almost $90 grand...out of my league.

Welcome home L4N.

Rich, you're doing a fine job and I hope you get the bike finished how you like it. I'd still like a backyard flat track with a "run what ya brung" type of fun. But I'm so slow, if you look closely, you can see the grass growing under my tires...

Daughter played guitar and sang with 3 others in church today. She's also been playing Seals and Croft Summer Breeze on her playlist, and it keeps popping up in my mind to sing too.

Battle of the bays going on Green bay vs Tampa bay. Looks like Green bay is the better team so far. Cheese heads.

Texas A&M hard to watch on tv. They barely won, by a last minute missed Field goal that "donked" off the top of the goal back into the endzone. Better lucky than good. D line is young and banged up and Arky's O-line is a bunch of seasoned hogs that are good.

Have a blessed day.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,463  
Roy J - see if you can get some POWERADE, you might need an electrolyte boost
feel better man, that's a long stretch, recover soon. praying for you.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,464  
IMG_20220917_084314339.jpg

Young chickens should start laying soon...

/ Good morning!!!! #156,465  
Kyle - great photo, beautiful birds. what breed are they ?

/ Good morning!!!! #156,468  
TBN get together on the Big Island? Think Popgadget could fly us over, play a wicked game of hand and foot then fly us back. Ok, we could stay a few more days . . .

Kyle, Mom's birthday party took preference over the FD fish fry and Wendish fest. I heard there was a good turnout for the fish fry even though they had to increase the price to $15 a plate.

I need to find the all the light switches on the farm tractor. October is coming and that means night driving.