Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #156,591  
52F and cloudy @ 09:30 with rain in the general area. Calling for a high of around 58F with on and off rain showers throughout the day ... :(

The good news is that the LWS shows no accumulation since midnight and only 0.01" yesterday.

The bad news is local weather forecasters are predicting that the remnants of Ian will be heading up this way, arriving by Saturday night or so. That may put a damper on the rental of the portable man lift.

WB only shows a 30% chance of rain on Sunday, WU shows only a 15% chance.

Did manage to get over to local friends yesterday, ended up picking up his rotary laser level (sans manual - which doesn't appear to be available online either) Ended up watching a couple videos on them generally, none were really all that great (frickin' contractors)

Skipped the Senco screw gun as it didn't appear to be practical for my intended use (way too long) Will use battery operated B and D drill.

Rounded up insulation panels which were in the dump cart and took those over to the pole barn.

Also managed to get a haircut ... which feels wonderful ... :giggle:

Networking over power devices had dropped network connection, managed to get that reset and the (remote) one that provides wifi moved to (I think) a different circuit the kitchen, still appears to be working. Still need to move that up to the shop and see if it will provide a wifi connection up there. If it does, I will be very pleased.

Worked some on finishing up the BOM for what's needed to get gas and water over to the barn.

Still haven't been able to get the mowing finished up down here around the house, perhaps tomorrow afternoon but more likely on Friday once its had a chance to dry out.

Refilling feeders definitely on menu for today.

Beyond that unsure what the rest of day will hold.

Hope everyone has a good day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #156,593  
As an adoptee (as was my older sister), I concur. It impacts many lives on all sides.
My wife was adopted as well as our nine kids. There is always a story behind adoptions that is not always very pretty. In our case we were dealing with some of the kids that had been severely abused that takes many years of therapy and commitment to help them go through. On the other hand we also had kids that were just days old at adoption that thankfully were not exposed to this.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,594  
69°F an no rain.

Off to Hilo town this morning. Sophie has her ophthalmologist appointment. Hopefully good news due to her newest prescription drops. Will pick up diesel while in town otherwise should be back by noon and get a few hours on tractor. Another 4 hours or so and I can finish up the outside flailing.

Mostly, hotel accommodations in town and a good number of AirBnB, VRBO places along the Hamakua coast to fit most any taste. We did VRBO for a number of year’s pre pandemic, but much more limited now and don’t really advertise.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #156,595  
The attack okra is out of the garden. Even though I was wearing protective clothing it got me again in-between the top of the glove and sleeve. It felt like fire ants bitting. It did not attack in the summer only in the fall.

Interesting Tempest weather stations showing wind speed as Ian comes ashore in Florida.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,597  
Nice day today still feeling weak elbow messed up cannot use that arm much

Deer in backyard eating acorns two females two bucks one young one

Prayers for all in Florida and in harms way

/ Good morning!!!! #156,598  
Back from town way later than expected. Sophie’s Dr pleased with results of the new prescription, another steroid shot, continue drops, see her in 5 weeks.

Sophie did have other plans for in town, a visit to DQ.

Back home now, in search of motivation to mow, maybe at least a couple hours. Hmmmmmm.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,599  
52F clear sky.

Short fay at work but felt long,this afternoon took trimmer for much needed long long walk and my back pockets were dragging :oops: while setting in chair at shed main open both cubs appear,small of 2 cubs lay on the blanket Mrs. put out for the other bears,other cub most discovering new things...I fear something happen to their mother.

Now it's feet up watch little tv than pillow time,out the door early AM.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,600  
54F and mostly cloudy @ 20:00, headed down to a low of 46F overnight. Chance of a few showers tonight.

Was mostly cloudy with some on and off drizzle throughout the day, did see a little blue sky on the way up to the Kubota/Stihl dealer.

Made that trip and picked up the new tie rod boots and retaining clips for the Kubota + a new primer bulb for the Stihl pole saw and new shoulder strap for the FS 66 brush cutter. Also (hopefully) the correct-sized hitch pin for the hay wagon ... 🤞

Stopped by Valvoline on the way back and got the oil changed in The Woman's car.

Refilled hopper feeder and one suet feeder after I got back home, also checked the live trap - no more customers yet.

Looking forward to tomorrow to get back to work outside.

Hope everyone had a great day ... (y)