Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #157,191  
Good Morning!!!! 69F @ 5:00AM.
Plentiful sunshine. High 91F. Winds light and variable.

Any of you folks use milk crates as foot stools to stand on? Lots of other things, too? I keep a few around, but most have broken spots, so I need replacements. My older ones are much more solid than newer ones, and I'm wondering where to find crates of better quality...

Not sure what I'll get into today, but I've got lots to pick from.

/ Good morning!!!! #157,192  
Milk crates are great - good for organizing tools as well. Their prices seem good but shipping can be steep. I ordered 3 if you want to wait for my assessment -

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #157,193  
Milk crates are great - good for organizing tools as well. Their prices seem good but shipping can be steep. I ordered 3 if you want to wait for my assessment -

Interesting. I don’t see in the specs how much weight they hold.

/ Good morning!!!! #157,194  
I had roast turkey at the diner yesterday. They roast them there, it is so good.

/ Good morning!!!! #157,196  
Morning all 43 going up to 65 and sunny.
Weathunderground has a glitch which says the temperature range and then says it is 0 degrees out today.

Busy yesterday - got the side lawns mowed.
Then did the aerating on all the lawns.
Then cut up the fallen maple branch and cleaned up
then took the flail off and put the backhoe in, which takes a long time for the scut as bolts removed/replaced, arms disconnected and folded etc. lots of moving things out of the way.

Buppies - time to give the arm a rest before it gets worse. Hope elbow recovers fast for you.

Welcome back wagtail -

Happy Thanksgiving to you northerners!

Happy Columbus day

Branch now just a memory and an addition to the wood pile
View attachment 765836

and the weather for today is ??
View attachment 765837
Ken, I think they got the scales mixed up! It is -2°C up here right now.

/ Good morning!!!! #157,197  
These seem to be in pretty good shape, may not have spent too much time in the sun.

They also seem to be pretty heavy duty - company that made them lists an "Xtreme Returnable Pallet" among their offerings. They have some heft to them.

I believe that is what these may be.

Good luck on the leaf peeping.

It's a visual feast I try to enjoy every year.
Speaking of leaf peeping, here is what I woke up to this morning. The lake water was like glass.

D2F689A6-CE64-4F3E-B8A8-950F1BED9BD0.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #157,198  
Any of you folks use milk crates as foot stools to stand on? Lots of other things, too? I keep a few around, but most have broken spots, so I need replacements. My older ones are much more solid than newer ones, and I'm wondering where to find crates of better quality...

We have an old steel milk crate that I put paper/magazines in to take to the recycle bin, so never use it for a step stool. Perfect size for newspaper, broken down food boxes, etc.

/ Good morning!!!! #157,199  
Good morning 47 going to65 today

Plan today is more cleanup of cuttings of pine trees from yesterday.
The pole saw did a good job in order to reach high and distant branches so after cleaning that up will get access to the trunks
Ordered an ignition module for the MS 291 saw. 20 dollars or so compared to OEM I am sure over 100 bucks.
Also ordered a flywheel puller and oil seal puller to repair the 026 saw
Starting to look into battery chain saw. Makita has a 40 volt system now. Not sure how that compares to the 18 volt system but I will check out some reviews. The good reviews for the XCU04 are very compelling
Hoping the limitation to providing what Ukraine needs to end this war more quickly will be lifted after Putins response to the bridge explosion

/ Good morning!!!! #157,200  
Good morning! 58˚F sunny, heading to the mid 80s.

Because of the Holiday today, yesterdays farm Fall festival attendance was like Saturdays, very busy. We had to have 2 tractors going continuously on my shift. Since the New Holland is the older, ragged, hard to shift, smaller tractor we traded half shift. My biggest problem was I could not wait the five minutes after loading each stop so the two tractors would be timed synced at the two opposite ends of the farm stops exactly 15 minutes apart. I have a problem with waiting and started to catch up with the other tractor several times, but at least no one was left behind because of over 60 people waiting. Overall a good sunny Sunday afternoon, lots of young happy families and the farm is one place kids do not get bored because of all the activities. Estimated attendance 3 thousand.

Drew, matinance is always a problem on machines donated. At the community Gardens we have stopped accepting used equipment. That reminds me I'm late on the JD tractor maintenance/oil change. If I don't do it they will take it to the golf course maintenance facility and pay dearly for them to do it. But not today, it's a holiday.

Happy Columbus Day USA
Happy Thanksgiving Canada