Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #159,361  
Wear blaze orange in woods riptides cannot be too careful

miller b storm parent low transfers energy from mid west to off coast of eastern seaboard if transfer occurs NC Va no real snow here. Miller A storm comes up SE coast if cold air in place nice snows for us maybe a big one if conditions right

Always, especially so with a neighbors deer stand close on the property line sighted to my direction. Need to go talk with him about that. Find it odd that one would set up a stand facing and within eye sight (couple of hundred feet) of a fence line and horse pasture. With animals in it no less.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,362  
Always, especially so with a neighbors deer stand close on the property line sighted to my direction. Need to go talk with him about that. Find it odd that one would set up a stand facing and within eye sight (couple of hundred feet) of a fence line and horse pasture. With animals in it no less.
We have another new neighbor that seem to be into shooting into our direction yesterday. Also heard some shots after dark. Will have to go investigate this further today

/ Good morning!!!! #159,363  
Good Morning!

God has gifted us with another day to get it right (or at least not screw it up too badly).

16.0F this morning in Appalachia, supposedly going up into the mid-50s. Yesterday it hit The mid-40s but is was a nasty, raw 40’s, so most of the outdoor activities were suspended for an afternoon on the couch catching up on podcasts and “potato chips for the brain” AKA TV.

I have to get into the crawl space and trace out a couple outlets to break off their main circuit and make a separate run for our new solar power setup. Our house has a huge 1300 10/12 pitch roof that would be AWESOME for solar - If it were oriented properly. . .

So, instead we have a small ground array of four panels for a system that will be used to keep the refrigerator and comms up if the power goes out, but the breaker that Teh InterWebz and TV are on is RIDICULOUSLY long and I have no idea how that many load points could be on one circuit, but then again, the house was built by someone who decided it was a good idea to put both HVAC units directly under the first and second floor bedroom windows. . .

and I should run an additional phone Jack to relocate the DSL/WiFi modem to a better location, and add in an Ethernet line to my desktop since the modem will be relocated. . .

and we still have those outdoor projects that were tabled yesterday.

Boredom is never an issue with us!

/ Good morning!!!! #159,364  
Buppies, thanks!
Drew, enjoy the visits
Wngsprd, don’t think my geo aux kicked in because breaker is off. Which reminds me, I still need to fix geothermal circulation pumps to have a working spare. Here’s a bad one. I must have gotten dirt in a geo line when I was installing. I think I cracked the impeller on this one so probably should buy new pump.
0703191719.jpg

I’ll have to look up the book.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #159,366  
a rifle bullet can go what, a mile? More?
Just because you can't see out there doesn't mean there's not a risk.
Doesn't the NRA teach this to hunters?

at my age 7 or 8 my father dug a rifle slug out of the stone wall one foot to the right of our front door. No more deer gun hunting after that. Of course it could have been someone at the next farm down. We allowed bow and arrow hunting after that. Club came in, with radio transceivers, well organized, they were wonderful.

it was still a nice pic BEF, you were pretty relaxed. Wish you were now. Feel better.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,367  
miller b storm parent low transfers energy from mid west to off coast of eastern seaboard if transfer occurs NC Va no real snow here. Miller A storm comes up SE coast if cold air in place nice snows for us maybe a big one if conditions right

Miller B, I thought you’d get hammered in that case, as you’d be right in the bend of the collision.
It was interesting, never heard the Miller terms before.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,368  
it was still a nice pic BEF, you were pretty relaxed. Wish you were now. Feel better.

I look like a fat Willie Nelson.

NRA has many great courses, yes it’s taught. I took hunter safety as a kid, and then as a teenager I taught rifle safety courses at 4H camp. Many years later with Boy Scouts they wouldn’t let me do anything with firearms, they are so **** about things.

I don’t own any hunter orange, I probably should get some.

Anyone know where this is, off of google?
IMG_7076.JPG

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #159,369  
Good morning, the low is 23 and the high should be all the way up to 36°F. Wind S 17 gusting to 22 mph. Drifting snow.

I couldn't get the V plow hooked up yesterday. Don't know what the problem was other than I couldn't mate the two SSQAs together enough to actually lock it in place, so I went back to the old fashioned way with the BB and bucket.

I'm not sure what I will get up to today, but rest assured it wont be much.

BEF, what you've got is what I had right after my summer work got done. I usually take a weeks worth of holidays and clean out/up the truck before taking it back to Markham. This year I took 2 weeks just so I could be a very little bit healthy when I got there.
In that period of time I only smoked one pack of 25 cigarettes.
Probably it will take you about three weeks to a month to get back to feeling yourself again. Lots of rest, lots of liquids and not much of an appetite.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #159,370  
Good morning! 16 now, high if maybe 44 today. It was 14 when I got up. It is sunny now.

Never got to 35 yesterday. Highest I saw was 29.

Wife had to get some routine tests run this morning, so up early. She likes to get to the hospital early since there isn’t a line for testing. It worked.

Made a Menards run yesterday and got some odds and ends. Got a transition for the new bathroom floor. Got that installed. Put different cams in a 1952 BSA single I am S-L-O-W-L-Y rebuilding. Considerable upgrade from the stock cams, but still BSA cams. Wasn’t into setting valve lash when I got done, takes 3 wrenches, both hands, and steady stream of cussing trying to set the lash correctly. Maybe today.

If it truly gets warmer, got some stuff to do at the barn today. Rest of the week is looking warmer than the weekend.

Everyone stay safe out there!