Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #160,031  
BEF, I hear that land calling.

So do I , but rain tomorrow. I still got a cough, now looks like wife is getting it, and she’s not happy about that.

17° when I left for work. Car showed 51° leaving work. High at home was 49°, dropped to 42° already.

So bored at work today.

/ Good morning!!!! #160,032  
How low can you turn it down and still be burning on the catalyst. Do you run it on low with the catalyst off? Says for up to 2400 sq ft. Just wondering
Daily routine:

around 5-6PM I add some wood to the remaining coals and get the flue temp up to about 325-350 and then flip to cat operation. After about 20swconds, the stove starts to take off and I have to turn the air supply down by about 75% or it will start roaring and shaking in runaway fashion! This is with 3-4 pieces of wood. Once it stabilizes, I can reduce the air to about 15% for another hour or two (Depending).

just before heading to bed, i distribute the coals and then I stuff in enough wood to fill the firebox, and cut the air down to about 4%. That will burn all through the night and when I get up around 5:30 there is a 2-3 inch bed of coals remaining, and the flue temp is usually still in the 225-250 range, and I can add another piece or two to start the day in cat operation. If the temp is 200 or less, I’ll add a couple of extra pieces, go back to open exhaust and open the air to about 30%.

SHORT ANSWER:
I can run in cat with the air almost completely cut off.

/ Good morning!!!! #160,033  
The appointment with the Cardiologist went well. We both are fine with cholesterol, kidney function, liver function, blood pressure, EKG results. Recommended that I have another stress test in 6 months or so.The last one was 4 years ago.
Like he said you are aging gracefully. Our daughters comments below:

Y’all are hidden gems.
Sassy. But I’ll keep you.
I get a stress test every time I turn on the news. . . If I don’t throw something through the screen, I passed

/ Good morning!!!! #160,035  
Problem 2 (mom's phone) fixed. Ring volume was turned all the way down. Had the guy that runs cattle on her place drop by and he checked it out. Saved me 3 hours of driving. Strange how the ringer got turned off, she never messes with it and did not know where it was on her antique flip phone and of course AT&T could not tell me the model # of the phone so I could look it up.

/ Good morning!!!! #160,036  
went out and hoed the little raised garden, nice to get some exercise with a little sun on my face.
got all the muffins made for the school Snowflake Festival tomorrow. In the rain...

chocolate ones very good but cooked too much. A little crunchy.
found these nice muffin boxes on amazon, they work pretty well, like the fact you can see in them.
New Hope is a beautiful town, everyone should look it up, all the nice homes, etc. Right on the NJ border.
6.5 hour drive for us but worth it for those muffins!

/ Good morning!!!! #160,037  
47F and mostly cloudy @ 17:30.

Hopper feeder refilled.

Air compressor, hoses, and some other items moved over to the house from the pole barn and put inside the basement.

Woman brought in some items that were sitting out back.

Got some rough measurements taken back in the utility room. The length on that outer south wall in that room looks to be just under 15', height is just under 7.5'.

After that, a slight change in plans: since it was fairly tolerable outside temp-wise we collected up five of the remaining plants in pots and got them put in the ground over in the east planting bed. Three hosta of various types, one astilbe, and one that was supposed to be an Alexander's Great Brunera (which I think is actually an astilbe)

Then we did some clean up out front (still a ways to go), also pumped up the front tires on the hay wagon and took the little dump cart over to the pole barn and parked it in there.

Now heading downstairs to get back into fish room work and other mischief ...

/ Good morning!!!! #160,038  
I wonder what the operating temp range is on my Makita air compressor. Maybe I should bring it in too.
Like I did all my waxes and freezables.
Things sure seem to make a lot more friction when cold, wonder how the piston rings in compressor do in cold weather.
Don't want to find out. I did all the tires a while ago while it was warmer.
you certainly can't bring in a big air compressor. The one on the farm in NC, a nice one, I had to turn it off when near freezing and be careful to keep
draining the condensation water.

nowhere in here does it say minimum operating temp:

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #160,039  
How low can you turn it down and still be burning on the catalyst. Do you run it on low with the catalyst off? Says for up to 2400 sq ft. Just wondering
I forgot to mention that I also added outside air intake, which greatly reduces drafts because the fire is consuming air fed by a pipe which comes into the foundation, up through the floor, and into the back of the stove. Well worth the extra effort!

/ Good morning!!!! #160,040  
Good (Saturday) morning. Overnight Low of 9.5C and it's presently 23C, clear sky with a slight breeze.

I did get in a tip run yesterday. Today is a trip up to St Marys for an afternoon Christmas get-together... I'll have to use Elephant Pass to get there as the St Marys Pass is still closed and being worked on to shore up some major road undermining + a lot of rock caissons to hopefully prevent future landslips. 'They' are guesstimating it will re-open around Christmas..

That's about it, take care all.