Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #164,171  
37º going to 73º in Sunny southern Cal today. Weed season in full swing. Local wheat crop looking good. Wildlife recovering after the drought buster rains. Lots of projects on hand but I have to get a jump on Mondays work first. Will fire up the Chinese diesel heater in the workshop. It has worked pretty good worming the insulated 12x24 room for a cheap purchase and operating cost... despite using fresh air intake instead of recycling the room air. Basically I just need to raise the room temp 20º most days to make it comfortable.
Got some backpack weed spraying to do if I get ambitious. lol

/ Good morning!!!! #164,172  
-22F clear high upper single numbers,howling winds have reduce lot.

Scooted right along doing outside chores this morning,now enjoying E muffin.

Plans for today...about same as yesterday,keep wood furnace purring,afternoon start both vehicles lwt them run a bit,other than that putter inside.

Enjoy your day all.
Our elevation 1.350 winds were howling from the north between 12am-6am coldest windchill I seen in decades.

Attachments

• 2-4-2023.jpg
    2-4-2023.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #164,174  
Morning all!
I can join the minus club. Currently -16 actual.
Looks like the minority club this morning is the above freezing club. Only Drew, scootr, and I are club worthy (so far).
Good morning! 41˚F heading to the upper 50s with a South wind and partly cloudy skies.

The mail and garbage trucks did not make it here yesterday, I guess they are still running behind because of the ice.

Disposal of limbs will be an issue around here. The city says to leave them tied up in bundles by the curb on your first recycle day of the month - what! - that was yesterday. Luckily all my broken limbs (one limb from one tree) fit in the regular weekly garbage can after cutting them small. The weekly garbage is running two days behind.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #164,175  
Typical winter weather here. Heavy jacket on in the AM over 3 layers to feed the barn cats. As it warms up we are striping down to a long sleeve T shirt by 2pm and by 4pm we are looking for that sweat shirt and grabbing a jacket again by 5. There are piles of warm clothes here and there to grab - drives the wife crazy :p

/ Good morning!!!! #164,176  
Morning all a cold -14F or -25.55C at 8AM this morning.
Not a lot planned for this morning one of my grand daughters coming for the day while her parents have a night out.
Interesting fuel sample pictures;
yesterdays at 5F,
sample 1 at 5F.jpg

this mornings at -14F,
sample 1 at -14F.jpg

definitely some paraffin particles floating around, looks to me like it would be a filter plugging product.
My tractors don't have to run today fortunately, this was #2 fuel with a double dose of Power Serve in the white bottle.
Fortunately the two diesels that have to run today to feed cows had kerosene added to their tanks Wednesday to make them 50/50 treated #2 and kerosene (#1). They started this morning and have been going for about an hour so far today, no phone calls so all going good at this point.
It confirms to me that a blended fuel is necessary below zero even with additives.

Hope everyone has a good day and stays safe and that their tractor run good.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,177  
Got down to 14 last night high in 30s today mid 50s tomorrow power of SE Ridge. Prayers for all our country

/ Good morning!!!! #164,178  
Thomas, you know it is cold out when even the beavers have their furnace running.

Kilroy, that is the first time I have ever heard of Ontario having a 'dry' cold. We had dry cold when I was in the west, Alberta. Ontario was always looked at as a humid Province compared to Alberta.
At 2 A.M. it was -25, now it is minus 12°F. and snowing. Another 4" they claim.

Last edited: