Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #167,681  
62F clear sky...t shirt weather finally. :cool:

Going down driveway early AM and 2 big raccoons were coming up driveway,I stop and they did also :oops: I blew the horn no effect 5 mins later the waddle off. 🙄

Busy work day afterwards scooted home for quick lunch,4 hours of raking lawn picking up limbs branches that was enough...another section done :)

Plans for the evening...grill some hamburgers pile on the fixings,setting on the deck waiting for the critters,no tv early pillow time instead.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #167,682  
I had a 15 ft batwing Woods finish mower and never had a problem with it. Sold it recently since my mowing acres is reduced because of tree plantings. They don't do well just sitting so I figured it best to sell it. But it could mow grass quickly and sitting in comfort on air suspension seat and ac in the tractor was nice

/ Good morning!!!! #167,683  
for two years I taught insurance at Travelers in Hartford and a great number of claims were discussed involving trespassers and folks who don't belong there, guys chasing a wounded deer, kids getting lost (allegedly), snowmobiles, dirt bikes, etc etc some of whom ran into ponds or fell into holes and got hurt. Sadly a few snowmobilers got decapitated on phone pole cables. Always had to check local zoning, see what if any local regs in effect about protecting "attractive nuisances". That's what your pond is, an attractive nuisance in the law. Just ask any plaintiff attorney. A pond that has been there for ever and ever may well be treated differently than one you just put in, or a swimming pool. Most pools have to be fenced today.
You can be negligent and you can be grossly negligent. Just ask any plaintiff attorney.

I swear that's all I saw on the billboards going to Florida. One PI attorney after another, smarmy bunch, and joyous plaintiffs shouting how much money they got.
It was all in really poor taste.

I don't know the answer for kids. My second wife had three kids and I loved them all. In three years they never once backtalked or said something disrespectful to me, as a stepfather.
Not because of their Mother...but because after a succession of failed husbands/father figures, I was clearly a good guy to them.
And when I had to leave, I felt terrible. But they really did understand that I wasn't the problem.
This was when I got remarried within one year of my first divorce. Really, really not wise.

Thomas, maybe keep a water pistol in the car, irritate the raccoons with that.

/ Good morning!!!! #167,685  
So sad.
I suspect my proposed solution would not be universally popular, but I’d propose any killing involving a gun automatically becomes a Federal crime. Any perpetrator has 90 days to get affairs in order before saying final goodbye, except if killing a police officer involved, then 30 days. Public execution getting max news exposure. Only appeal is whether they had possession of the gun. But this would be too disruptive to the money side of our legal system.
Perfect!

/ Good morning!!!! #167,686  
So sad.
I suspect my proposed solution would not be universally popular, but I’d propose any killing involving a gun automatically becomes a Federal crime. Any perpetrator has 90 days to get affairs in order before saying final goodbye, except if killing a police officer involved, then 30 days. Public execution getting max news exposure. Only appeal is whether they had possession of the gun. But this would be too disruptive to the money side of our legal system.
Lived for a while in a country that had that system. Stealing cut of a hand, whipping and stoning to death for certain offenses as well as beheadings. All done in a public square.
Had an employee get two years for a small amount of pot. They did not feed him in prison so had to bring him food to survive as well as bribe guards to be able to bring it. Legal system was it is all your fault because if you were not in the country it would not have happen. Automatic jail and don't get out until family is paid off if someone was injured like if the taxi had an accident.

/ Good morning!!!! #167,687  
Lived for a while in a country that had that system. Stealing cut of a hand, whipping and stoning to death for certain offenses as well as beheadings. All done in a public square.
Had an employee get two years for a small amount of pot. They did not feed him in prison so had to bring him food to survive as well as bribe guards to be able to bring it. Legal system was it is all your fault because if you were not in the country it would not have happen. Automatic jail and don't get out until family is paid off if someone was injured like if the taxi had an accident.
I spent a lot of time in countries like that. Something to be said about feeling safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #167,688  

I can see where that could be oppressive, easily abused. My suggestion is aimed at a single problem, a very specific crime and remedy for that person committing that crime. I would even suggest that if mission accomplished after say 5 or 10 years, then statute is paused pending a trigger.

/ Good morning!!!! #167,689  
One of our hens decided that today she is a goose:

09971692-B12B-4259-A8E0-9E6E47872C10.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #167,690  
Good (Tuesday) morning. Overnight Low of 10C and it's presently 18.3C, overcast and the wind has abated.

Productive meeting last evening, especially organising for Wednesday evening's 'induction', by the Bishop of Tassie (Anglican), of our new Priest. I was also pleased that, with all this going on, I didn't need to remind about a wreath for ANZAC Day on the 25th.

I'm contemplating mowing around the house/front paddock, but I might first go into town for 20ltrs of petrol and a wee bit of milk to tide me over until tomorrow's 'into town day' for groceries.

That's about it, take care all.