Good movies,,, well there are a few.......

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,121  
IMO...the popularity (and box office gross etc.) of a movie says more about the type of people watching than the greatness of the film...IMO what determines how good a movie is is based on how often a film is watched after the first time...some folks are known to watch a particular movie whenever it is aired etc. regardless of how many times it's been watched...
...Even mediocre film makers can make very successful movies when they start with a wildly popular story...(AKA novel etc...)
Although I didn't mention them when I cited Hitchcock and Tarantino...When it comes to contemporary directors...I think the Cohen brothers have made some of the best movies I have ever seen...old or new...!

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,125  
What? no coneheads . . .

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,126  
The Coneheads are natives of the planet Remulak, stranded on Earth. Their distinguishing feature is the tops of their heads, shaped like large, bald cones. The father's name is Beldar; his wife is Prymaat, and their teenage daughter is Connie. Beldar and Prymaat sometimes use the pseudonyms Fred and Joyce. Beldar states his occupation as "timekeeper of Remulak"; this means he is a spy tasked with alerting his home planet to the optimum time for an invasion of Earth, which he fails to do. Connie is assimilating with Earthlings through association with her peers at school, and some family stress is caused by her desire to live as a typical Earth teenager. Beldar gives his family a cover story to explain their strange behavior by saying that they are "from France".

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,127  
Very good Mr. IH . . . :ROFLMAO:.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,128  
I watched Biloxi Blues tonight. Great movie, no, but pretty good.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,130  
The cone heads were a rip off of Bill Griffith's "Zippy The Pin Head" comic books. :)

Last edited: