Good work shirt for warmer weather?

/ Good work shirt for warmer weather? #1  

ning

Elite Member
Tractor
Branson 3520h
I've been doing a bunch of land clearing the hard way - I use the tractor when I can to rip stuff out of the ground (chain large brush and small trees) but there's a lot of effort still (I prefer to pull blackberries out root and all instead of using toxins) that I end up looking like cat got to me (which also happens but isn't the topic here).

I get really warm when I work, so I'm often in a t-shirt, but I'd be willing to wear a shirt if it was actually effective at reducing injury and not too stifling.

Let's see what you all wear when dealing with brush when it's not cold.
PXL_20211121_191935691.jpg

/ Good work shirt for warmer weather? #2  
Welding jacket......I bought mine from Magid. It's 100% cotton, 9 ounce fabric, and snap buttons.

I wear a 2xl or 3xl Carhartt jackets so I bought a 5xl welding jacket. It is cooler in hot weather when it is way oversized, it doesn't cling to the skin.

/ Good work shirt for warmer weather?
Funny you say that; in tending a burn pile right now, sweating like crazy in my Lincoln Electric welding jacket, but sweat is tough to avoid in this task no matter the dress; at least in this I won't catch fire!

/ Good work shirt for warmer weather? #4  
I do not have a canopy on my tractor.

In Florida the sun is strong all year, fierce during the summer.

In lieu of a tractor canopy I wear a wide-brimmed straw hat and long sleeves operating my tractor.

As far as I know there is only one source for high quality, reasonably priced 100% cotton shirts and pants: RED KAP. After 2-3 washings Red Kap's long sleeve 100% cotton work shirts 'breathe' in hot weather.

I buy my Red Kap via the web. Under $25.00, including shipping.

Red Cap also offers synthetic blend work wear. Read the descriptions to select 100% cotton work wear, which breathes better than synthetic/cotton blends.

You will thank me for this recommendation.

LINK:

Last edited:

In lieu of a tractor canopy I wear a wide-brimmed straw hat and long sleeves operating my tractor.

As far as I know there is only one source for high quality, reasonably priced 100% cotton shirts and pants: RED KAP. After 2-3 washings Red Kap's long sleeve 100% cotton work shirts 'breathe' in hot weather.

Red Cap also offers synthetic blend work wear. Read the descriptions to select 100% cotton work wear.

LINK:
I like it.
I wear lightweight button up shirts, long sleeved, in the late spring through early fall as keeping the sun off of the skin is a better way to stay cool than maximizing evaporation (at least here - it's so dry that you don't notice sweat half the time mid summer) - my shirts allow some airflow (especially with every other button undone).

Hopefully these shirts you recommend will stand up to brush better than my flimsy stuff, I'll give them a try.

/ Good work shirt for warmer weather? #6  
100 percent cotton hickory shirts Madsen's or Baileys, mail order on line or maybe your local farm store

/ Good work shirt for warmer weather? #7  
100 percent cotton hickory shirts Madsen's or Baileys, mail order on line or maybe your local farm store

I have purchased Bailey's high quality hickory shirts. I wear them during "mid-winter" in Florida. Very good shirts; much thicker and warmer than the Red Kap all cotton shirts.

/ Good work shirt for warmer weather? #8  

Red Cap also offers synthetic blend work wear. Read the descriptions to select 100% cotton work wear.

LINK:
I started to order a couple of Red Kap shirts, based upon your recommendation. Then at the last minute I cancelled my order... they're having a 25% discount this coming Black Friday. Well worth waiting a few days.

Thanks for the recommendation. I've ear-marked the site to give them a try - with the 25% discount.

I started to order a couple of Red Kap shirts, based upon your recommendation. Then at the last minute I cancelled my order... they're having a 25% discount this coming Black Friday. Well worth waiting a few days.

Thanks for the recommendation. I've ear-marked the site to give them a try - with the 25% discount.
I'm seeing the 25% discount already ("applied in cart").

/ Good work shirt for warmer weather? #10  
Well - except for this last summer - it never gets really that hot around here. And since a lot of my outdoor work projects have me dealing with brush and limbs - I wear long sleeve denim shirts.

I get all my denim garments from PrisonBlues. Manufactured at Ea Oregon Correctional institution. Tougher than nails - reasonably priced.